What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris - The greatest player of ALL TIME

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bumble, not sure what planet you were on but Champion was mentioned repeatedly in SOO talks. Not to the extent and smoke-blowing of Idris but I heard his name raised plenty of times, to his credit.

Doga

Juniors
hmmmmmmmmmmm, I'll give the boy the benefit of the doubt thus far.
Lets be realistic had Beau Scott been fit, he'd be there, either in place of Cooper or Tahu, and whether one of them went to the bench instead of this gent is another matter.

He needs to pick his game up.
Idris will not be able to win NSW the series.
However, there is the chance that he may well go some way to losing it for them.
He will need to combine those "big" hits with actually stopping the player from advancing for once.
He will also need to improve his ability to contest the ball at height, jump the boy can, but against Saints earlier this year he made 6 jumps, of those 6 he clean missed 2, caught one, knocked one back and knocked two forward - points resultant from al that jumping = 0.

Good post unlike most others in here

Seriously, the only way this can all turn around is if Timmah puts his banner skills to the test and makes a 'Haters Gonna Hate' signature with Idris' head over the fat kid's body.

If idris does anything of quality wednesday week, I would personally rock that banner

although it cant be 1 good thing for the 15 bad things he does
:roll:

Bumble

First Grade
Bumble, not sure what planet you were on but Champion was mentioned repeatedly in SOO talks. Not to the extent and smoke-blowing of Idris but I heard his name raised plenty of times, to his credit.

I meant by the 'experts' on the TV and in the papers...I know there was some talk on here but that's it.

Ftr, neither of them should've been picked this year but both would've probably got a shot in the future. For Idris to be picked this year is terrible...

Perth Red

Post Whore
but surely we aren't missing Gasnier? I thought it didn't matter if we lost quality players as we had dozens more coming through to replace them?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I would.

Tahu gets talked up deluxe by the commentators and nobody bats an eye lid.

Idris gets talked up deluxe and now suddenly he's the anti-christ.

Seriously, the only way this can all turn around is if Timmah puts his banner skills to the test and makes a 'Haters Gonna Hate' signature with Idris' head over the fat kid's body.

To be honest, at least Tahu at one point was a truly good player to warrant the praise.

Idris has talent, but he makes monumental screw-ups pretty much every game. The kid is a gimmick, if he didn't look the way he did I very much doubt he'd be talked about in the same light by the media. He is a long way away from being origin material. Origin is farce moreso every year.

Timmah

Staff member
To be honest, at least Tahu at one point was a truly good player to warrant the praise.

Idris has talent, but he makes monumental screw-ups pretty much every game. The kid is a gimmick, if he didn't look the way he did I very much doubt he'd be talked about in the same light by the media. He is a long way away from being origin material. Origin is farce moreso every year.
Monumental? Dramatic much?

Gimmick? Yeah, his hair got him selected :roll: you fool.

The only thing I agree with is that he's not Origin material yet, but good luck to him anyway.

Why don't we get behind the men wearing the blue instead of bagging the f**k out of him?

aqua_duck

Coach

The only thing I agree with is that he's not Origin material yet, but good luck to him anyway.

Why don't we get behind the men wearing the blue instead of bagging the f**k out of him?
As wolfhack showed looking different gets you noticed more than looking conventional. Everyone was waxing lyrical over D Williams 2 years ago, half the reason for that was because of his stupid beard, it went a long way to getting him picked for origin and almost singlehandedly win QLD the series.
If Jamal Idris was white and had normal hair he wouldn't get half the attention he got in the media, and everyone knows the media play a big part in selecting the NSW team

bartman

Immortal

Well, his skills and 80 minute "energy" certainly didn't. So it must have been something - it's sad when a player's "marketability" and media hype counts toward selection.

Getting behind the blues? I feel in no way paroachial come SOO time, there's less at stake for me than in an average club game. It's always a great game/series to watch, but I just don't care if my state wins or loses (which is just as well when they pick Idris!)

Timmah

Staff member
You clearly care enough to spend an inordinate amount of time bagging both Idris and the Blues...

Packy

Bench
If you stop talking about him his exposure will decline.. You whingers here are as guilty as anyone of perpetuating his growing status.

Big Pete

Referee
As wolfhack showed looking different gets you noticed more than looking conventional. Everyone was waxing lyrical over D Williams 2 years ago, half the reason for that was because of his stupid beard, it went a long way to getting him picked for origin and almost singlehandedly win QLD the series.
If Jamal Idris was white and had normal hair he wouldn't get half the attention he got in the media, and everyone knows the media play a big part in selecting the NSW team

Depends, would he still be playing for the Bulldogs?

In which case, he'd still receive a lot of media attention. The media loves the Bulldogs, doesn't the Dally M's ring a bell?

If he was a Raider though...

Talanexor

Juniors
Exactly right Aqua.

I've said it many times. Being black with an usual name/haircut can get you places.

Fortunately for QLD, Lote Tuqiri and Wendell Sailor are both very talented players. And Carl Webb was a good player when he shaved the "Q"s into the side of his head.

LOL at Bartman. After 4 straight series losses and NSW selectors STILL picking a sh*t team, I'd be surprised if you were the only apathetic blues fan.

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Depends, would he still be playing for the Bulldogs?

In which case, he'd still receive a lot of media attention. The media loves the Bulldogs, doesn't the Dally M's ring a bell?

If he was a Raider though...

How times have changed!

I needed a bucket after last year's Dally M's. Idris & Ennis winning awards, dispite have less points than their rival.

Doga

Juniors
How times have changed!

I needed a bucket after last year's Dally M's. Idris & Ennis winning awards, dispite have less points than their rival.

In Farah's case it is easier to score Dally Ms in a sh*t team. He an Marshall were the only ones capable of scoring.

Latest posts