What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris - The greatest player of ALL TIME

God-King Dean

Immortal
head_in_sand.jpg

Raider_69

Post Whore
That pretty much proves that QLD simply had the numbers.

A short ball to Taylor would have seen the same result if Idris had gone for GI.

Not really, Thurston passed before the line, the man on Thurston was sliding across, had Idris stayed on his man and the ball gone to taylor, the man coming across who i think is Lewis?, would have got him as he was sliding off Thurston to make up the numbers
besides read that play and it was going to Inglis from the second Thurston got his hands on it, the reason for that is because he knows Idris is going to do something dumb and come in on the decoy...

so what does idris do? something dumb

That being said Hayne is also at fault for this, as stated, way too far back for the 4th tackle

hellteam

First Grade
Not really, Thurston passed before the line, the man on Thurston was sliding across, had Idris stayed on his man and the ball gone to taylor, the man coming across who i think is Lewis?, would have got him as he was sliding off Thurston to make up the numbers
besides read that play and it was going to Inglis from the second Thurston got his hands on it, the reason for that is because he knows Idris is going to do something dumb and come in on the decoy...

so what does idris do? something dumb

That being said Hayne is also at fault for this, as stated, way too far back for the 4th tackle

They won't listen to common sense. Just get angry at us for having an 'agenda'.

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
and Hayne would have done better?

If he was standing where Idris was, then yes he probably would've.

Most players would have done better, because they'd have known the other players were covered. Idris only had to stay on Inglis, if it went to Taylor Lyon had him covered.

It was a bad read by Idris, yet people are still trying to defend him, it's pitiful. At least I can admit Hayne stuffed up a couple of times in the game, just not on this try. If Hayne was up, Thurston would've grubbered through and we'd be bagging Hayne for not standing deep enough. This try comes down to Idris tackling a dummy runner and not staying on Inglis, it really is that simple.

cupid

Juniors
That pretty much proves that QLD simply had the numbers.

A short ball to Taylor would have seen the same result if Idris had gone for GI.
No Idris should of been marking Inglis, Lyon had Taylor.

bazza

Immortal
What are you talking about, why would I have an agenda against Idris?

You're the one that has an agenda obviously, because he plays for the Bulldogs. My grandma could tell you that it was Idris that misread the situation.

Have a look at this

Hayne's back (way too far back for the 4th) but for Idris there, Inglis is clearly his man.

Lewis? - Thurston
Lyon - Taylor
Idris - Inglis

If Thurston was to throw a massive cut out pass there because Idris had Inglis covered then so be it, because Hayne wasn't there. But in that situation Idris didn't make Thurston have to do the big play, he gave him a simple cut out ball.

And before you're going to say that Lewis didn't have Thurston covered, here's the next shot that shows that he clearly did.

Lyon slides right to cover his player (Taylor). Idris came in to make the gap

Big Mick

Referee
Interesting stat I read was with regards to wasted opportunities in opposition 20m area. Idris leads that stat.

So many times I see him run back inside and hit a man, rather than to the outside to attract the centre and winger and set up the easy try for the winger.

He's too raw for this level. Its going to hurt him.

ByRd

First Grade
Interesting stat I read was with regards to wasted opportunities in opposition 20m area. Idris leads that stat.

So many times I see him run back inside and hit a man, rather than to the outside to attract the centre and winger and set up the easy try for the winger.

Thats the bulldogs fault, all they seem to use him for is to run back on the inside and smash through them, we are not using him correctly and i agree that he needs to stay out and take on his man instead of coming in alot but i feel he is being told to turn back on the inside.

Eels Dude

Coach

That's why he's not ready to be a centre at origin level, well apart from the defensive defecencies obviously. You need centres that can actually score themselves as well as set their winger up. Tahu and Lyon can do that.

Idris let in two tries. He failed to slide across in cover defence leaving a gaping holew for the first try and came out of his line for second. He maybe be 7 ft 150kgs but he is a shocking defender. End of story, no agenda. He's crap, pure and simple

Doga

Juniors
Idris let in two tries. He failed to slide across in cover defence leaving a gaping holew for the first try and came out of his line for second. He maybe be 7 ft 150kgs but he is a shocking defender. End of story, no agenda. He's crap, pure and simple
You better not be referring to the Lockayer try. Muppet

JK

He's definitely the flavor of the month.

He's lucky he has size - because otherwise he offers nothing.

That's crap. He's young and too raw for Origin but to take it further and say he has nothing but size demonstrates a limited understanding of the game.

Some people are anti-Idris as irrationally as Gould is pro-Idris. Just let hte kid develop.

if Idris starts Origin 2 after todays performance...
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
(I wish I could do more of those crazy guys)

Raider_69

Post Whore
That's crap. He's young and too raw for Origin but to take it further and say he has nothing but size demonstrates a limited understanding of the game.

Some people are anti-Idris as irrationally as Gould is pro-Idris. Just let hte kid develop.

What aside from pure size and strength has he got?
he has no footwork, he has no step, whilst he can run a bit, he hasnt got ground breaking speed, he isnt a shut down centre, in fact he's a revolving door defensively and his hands are average at best so he's not THAT good a target in the air. As stated, he butchers more tries than any other centre due to an inability to set up his outside man.

Has he ever beaten a defender one on one other than running over someone smaller than him?
He has a limited skill set in RL. I agree he is raw and developing and he has some raw attributes that give him potential to be a star. But at this stage of his career, he does infact offer absolute nothing but sheer size and power

FTR, he should be moved to the 2nd row ASAP. He's never going to be agile enough with that frame to be able to handle the better centres in the game. Can you just imagine for a moment on good day what someone like Inglis, Hodges or Jennings would do to the guy? People who can step off both feet and beat you on either shoulder and have the pace and agility to get on either shoulder? It would be a blood bath

Last edited: