What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris - The greatest player of ALL TIME

His defence is piss poor.
His attack is good against suspect defensive centres, when he comes up against guys like Tate + Cooper, it's minimal. He'll come up against Tonga or Tate if he plays SOO and will get owned. He made no impression in CvC against Lawrence who's a good defender nonetheless, but not origin standard. If he plays, we'll have way too many woeful defenders on the pitch to stand a remote chance of winning.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
His defence is piss poor.
His attack is good against suspect defensive centres, when he comes up against guys like Tate + Cooper, it's minimal. He'll come up against Tonga or Tate if he plays SOO and will get owned. He made no impression in CvC against Lawrence who's a good defender nonetheless, but not origin standard. If he plays, we'll have way too many woeful defenders on the pitch to stand a remote chance of winning.

I have a feeling the NSW are going to believe the hype and choose him. If they do the QLD left side attack is going to have a field day. I think Idris could single handedly lose us the origin if chosen.

dclayw

Juniors
I think you might just of missed the point mr rabbit
Part of the reason I come to these forums is for a good laugh, it never fails me :lol:

and sterlo boy was he impressed when idris ran out of the line but hey at least he sprinted back you know, almost saved the try he helped the dragons create..
:crazy:
That was very unSterlo like. I think Sterlo was just trying to fit in with the other commentators, just so he didn't feel left out. It was if he was trying to put a +ve spin on a -ve situation.

Sterlo was the only one to say anything -ve about Idris though, like how he often bombs good try scoring opportunites by coming back inside all the time.

does anyone else see idris making the origin team on the back of this hype?

browsing the papers a few "experts" have him in their respective sides
[-X
He shouldn't make the origin team but I won't be surprised if he does, it's the way NSW selectors operate. QLD will hope he gets picked.

There is a lot of hype surrounding Idris, he's a half decent player and he's unique because of his size and strength, dreadlocks etc. The interest is understandable. The talk about origin is not.

One thing is for sure though, Idris is playing a hell of a lot better then he was last year. Who knows, he might turn out to be a superstar a few years down the track.

bartman

Immortal
Glad to see people waking up to the Idris hype.

He's never played a complete game of footy, one where he defends well and attacks with purpose. He's just a chancer that pulls off a big hit occasionally, and uses a fend (again occasionally) or runs into a gap (again occasionally) and gets praised for it.

f**k me dead, with his size he should be running amok in teh forwards, but Idris is way too soft and untalented for that. But the commentators are queuing up to give him blowies... go figure!

Hopefully the origin selectors won't bow to the (now receding) hype.

"Jamal Idris has run a very long way to miss that tackle" or something along those lines was said after the Cooper try.

Eels Dude

Coach
Yeah Idris isn't as good as he's made out to be. Kris Inu owned him in the grand final qualifier last year doing very little apart from running at him and making him second guess. Great attacking player, and great with his hard attacking... but he's not quick of the mark in defence, can't turn around to chase a kick. He's a great attacking centre, but he'll be a backrower within the next 2 years, same as Tony Williams.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
You would expect Lyon and Cooper to be the centres. Unless Lyon moves to 5/8? Oh please.... No! No more series losses please where we lose before kickoff.

sovereign

Juniors
Gould needs to wipe last nights jizz off his lips and stop talking out of his arse.

If he says 'he's the biggest human i've ever seen' one more time i'm going to lose it. Gould probably has 20kg on him in his gut alone, and if he thinks that of Idris, what does he think of Dave Taylor??

FFS.

Big Mick

Referee
Gould needs to wipe last nights jizz off his lips and stop talking out of his arse.

If he says 'he's the biggest human i've ever seen' one more time i'm going to lose it. Gould probably has 20kg on him in his gut alone, and if he thinks that of Idris, what does he think of Dave Taylor??

FFS.

Open up the Sun Herald mate...."He is the biggest human in the world!" headline.

Jamaal Meninga - another headline.

My god, if this guy didn't look like a hybrid of Martin Lawrence in Big Mamma's House and the preditor then noone would give a rat's ass.

He isn't FIT enough for Origin...nor is he in good enough form.

Sooner or later surely someone will realise this kid is an average centre at best.

I hate how they say "HUGE HIT"...I'm sorry...but a hit implies that you FINISHED the tackle...Creagh still made another 5 metres, and when it counted near the tryline Creagh, a backrower, had more athleticism than Idris, a supposed superstar centre, to leap above and grab the kick...and Cooper...a true centre...schooled him all night long.

If this fat heap gets picked for origin..then two things have happened...either one...he has sore knee's and a very sory throat....or that he has a massive member and others are having a crack.

They are the only two ways this guy gets into origin...because based on Talent, work ethic and brains he is nowhere near it. Maybe somewhere down the line sure...but to throw him in origin now...would kill his career.

hilltop hood

Juniors
It's all about keeping those passionate Dogs fans interested.

It's pretty obvious they have given up hope of having a competitive team this year.

:lol::lol::lol:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
If he wasn't big and black with dreadlocks, nobody would say sh*t about him.

If this guy is picked for Origin ahead of the likes of Jennings and Lawrence (who are both far better players in ALL aspects of the game) then it just proves its the media who picks these teams and the selectors are f**ked (they are already).

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The nepotistic, back slapping Clique that is Gould-Bozo-McCarthy is in full swing.

"Grab your blazers boys - we're of to the footy to drink free piss & we won't even be held accountable if we lose 5 seris in a row with continued stupid, media driven selections. How good a job is this!"

f**k me. I'm not saying he'll never be up to it, but they've already set Pearce & Mullin back years by picking them way before their time and touting them as saviours. Just give us Inglis & Folau back & we won't have any of these issues.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i know im baised but i cant for the life of me figure out how anyone could rate this guy ahead of even Jarad Croker, let alone the other tops centres in the game
he's no where near rep level

Spot On

Coach
Idris' defensive issues are there for all to see. He's slow to move laterally and is still very inexperienced. However, he has improved all aspects of his game in the past month. He is obviously very strong and nearly impossible to contain one on one. Yes Tigers fans, I know Lawrence chopped him down a few times as have others, but he IS BLOODY HARD TO CONTAIN. Now should he picked for Origin - I don't think so. At the start of the year that would have been an absolute joke and still is in my opinion. However, if he was picked I would not be surprised if he has a blinder and I eat humble pie from all the Idris supporters out there. Thoughts????

Galeforce

Bench
Idris is good and he can be lethal in defense when he turns on , however his play was not good enough to get the Bulldogs a win their last game .

Laurence or Champion from todays game. Todays battle should be the benchmark .Both good defenders and hole runners. Champion has a better passing game.