What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris - The greatest player of ALL TIME

Big Pete

Referee
It's attracted your criticism has it?

Read the Game Day thread, you'd swear it was Idris vs. the Dragons.

I'm not saying he's a great player, a prospect and a talent for sure but you can't deny the interest he generates.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
NSW are gonski if Kimmorely gets the halfback gig,see how shocking his kicking game was last night and in general,almost as bad a kicker as Daniel Mortimer.

Hutchy86

Juniors
277095-jamal-idris-bulldogs.jpg

but it's just puppy fat.. he'll grow out of it:sarcasm:

Danish

Referee
If he does, he'll last one game and then people will realise how crap he is when Inglis runs rings around him.

No they wont.

If they pick him, get a minimum of 2 games, even if he has the biggest shocker of all time. The selectors will not want to admit they are wrong and will pick him again, then drop him once the series is lost.

Just like Wolfman

Johns Magic

Referee
No they wont.

If they pick him, get a minimum of 2 games, even if he has the biggest shocker of all time. The selectors will not want to admit they are wrong and will pick him again, then drop him once the series is lost.

Just like Wolfman

That didn't happen...

DC_fan

Coach
Guys,
seriously did you see his performance last night?
this kid is a must for origin if NSW want that 5th consecutive loss.

Even when he costs his team points he gets complimented, wow just wow what a star he is..
GOOO IDRIS!!!!!

Some time in the future the kid may become the greatest player of all time. But right now as you suggest he has a lot of weaknesses in his game.

He is no where near ready for state of origin.

It's attracted your criticism has it?

I'm not saying he's a great player, a prospect and a talent for sure but you can't deny the interest he generates.

of course he is attracting my criticism
I'm not denying the interest he generates,
thats the whole reason for the thread you fool, he gets it off the back of channel 9's false praises and the fact that he is big and has a different hairstyle not due to the fact that he is a quality player

Big Pete

Referee
of course he is attracting my criticism
I'm not denying the interest he generates,
thats the whole reason for the thread you fool, he gets it off the back of channel 9's false praises and the fact that he is big and has a different hairstyle not due to the fact that he is a quality player

He also generates a lot of the public's interest. Fans are generally interested to see players of his size perform, it's one of the anomalies of Rugby League, or Rugby in general, keeping in minds the likes of Lomu and Meninga.

I'm not defending 9 last night, their commentary team was extremely poor and they appeared to be firmly behind the Bulldogs on that occasion. I felt the worst part of last night's game actually came when Patten threw an obvious forward pass and Rabs went off his chop, sprouting no no no they can't take that off them.

Nor do I believe Idris is worthy of Origin football.

I just believe those who call him rubbish are being unfairly harsh towards a 20 year old kid who has shown some great signs while in first grade.

Iafeta

Referee
Couldn't believe it - the dude races out of the line and basically stuffs the whole defensive line to allow the Dragons to stroll through a gap the size of Sydney Heads, but because he chases back Sterling and Gould practically drop trou and bend over for him. That was the quitessential demonstration of outhouse poor defence. Blokes like Inglis will tear him a new one if he plays solitary defensive warrior like that in Origin.