What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris - The greatest player of ALL TIME

cornerposter

Juniors
does anyone else see idris making the origin team on the back of this hype?

browsing the papers a few "experts" have him in their respective sides
[-X
Hopefully the origin selectors won't bow to the (now receding) hype.

I understand it's NSW'ker policy to only select over-hyped players. How else do you explain James McManus, Robbie Farah & Justin Poore last year :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: I love when Raiders fans have to bring a comparison to a Raiders player into the debate. skeepe and r69 are classics at it.

Anyhoot, some people are over the top. For every Gus remark fellating him in the positive, there are a ridiculous amount of rubbishing remarks in this thread - it looks quite pathetic. He's a rugby league player, not a murderer or rapist and he doesn't really deserve some of the utter sh*t being served to him here. He's still a young bloke and he's a ways off Origin yet.

:lol: I love when Raiders fans have to bring a comparison to a Raiders player into the debate. skeepe and r69 are classics at it.

Anyhoot, some people are over the top. For every Gus remark fellating him in the positive, there are a ridiculous amount of rubbishing remarks in this thread - it looks quite pathetic. He's a rugby league player, not a murderer or rapist and he doesn't really deserve some of the utter sh*t being served to him here. He's still a young bloke and he's a ways off Origin yet.

crying-baby-party-56800676.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The irony of a Raiders fan posting such a picture defies logic...

euaneggs

Juniors
Article on SMH today -"The Blues need the biggest human being in the world" by Phil Gould.

I'm thinking he'll get picked, it's all over todays media.

cupid

Juniors
Article on SMH today -"The Blues need the biggest human being in the world" by Phil Gould.

I'm thinking he'll get picked, it's all over todays media.
f**k me, I wouldn't want him anywhere near Manly let alone the Blues.

Apey

Staff member
I can't believe what I'm seeing on the Sunday Footy Show and The Roast.

It's looking likely that they're going to buy into Gus' hype. For once TK looked like the only one talking sense.

They need a big man to take on Inglis? That's their reasoning?! :lol:

His defence is pathetic. :lol:

Sleep

Juniors
If Idris gets picked I'm going straight to the tab and putting money on QLD winning three zip, Inglis getting player of the series and first try scorer in all three games.

Spot On

Coach
I can't believe what I'm seeing on the Sunday Footy Show and The Roast.

It's looking likely that they're going to buy into Gus' hype. For once TK looked like the only one talking sense.

They need a big man to take on Inglis? That's their reasoning?! :lol:

His defence is pathetic. :lol:

How does he get on this program? Why is he on this program?

The General

Juniors
Its too early for Idris to be considered for Origin and I hate all the hype he gets. But it's so funny reading all the haters bagging him to no end. Alot of these are the same people who suck guys like Jennings and Crokers' d*cks and they're terrible defenders themselves.

Dragon

Coach
Campese is another one they (dumbass selectors) have set back. Going great guns before being picked in origin, doesn't have a good game and now is never to be considered again. Gotta be great for his confidence....

So let them pick Idris, chew him up and spit him out.

The General

Juniors
i know im baised but i cant for the life of me figure out how anyone could rate this guy ahead of even Jarad Croker, let alone the other tops centres in the game
he's no where near rep level

2010 Stats (nrlstats.com)

Tries: Idris 5 Croker 2
Try Assists: Idris 1 Croker 0
Line Breaks: Idris 5 Croker 3
Line Break Assists: Idris 2 Croker 0
Total Metres: Idris 900 Croker 692
Avg Metres: Idris 112.5 Croker 86.5
Offloads: Idris 10 Croker 2
Tackle Breaks: Idris 57 Croker 25
Tackles: Idris 93 Croker 111
Missed Tackles: Idris 14 Croker 18

But I guess stats don't mean anything and Idris is just a big guy with funny hair and that's the only reason he is talked about.

Big Mick

Referee
Yup, this worries me, regardless of his deficiencies he's improved a hell of a lot and it could set him back a long way to be exposed to Origin now.

I have no doubt he has improved.

I'll go on record to say that.

But his deficiencies mean he will get murdered in Origin and set his confidence
back years.

I'm bagging him...not for him...but bagging the hype. I have respect for what he's done in his career so far...but for him to hyped and be branded NSW's version of Meninga is just blatently off the mark at this point in his career.

RedVfaithful

Juniors
Cant believe what im hearing, i thought phil gould had some common sense. "his energys great and he chased the tackle he missed and if it wasnt for patter he would of tackled him". thats a load of sh*t. if he gets picked for origin inglis will score a hatrick in the first half. His getting the hype hayne got last year but theres one difference hayne was playing good.

i know im baised but i cant for the life of me figure out how anyone could rate this guy ahead of even Jarad Croker, let alone the other tops centres in the game
he's no where near rep level

On his good days, Idris is much better than Croker, although Idris has some real howlers in him. I still think players with a bit of speed and unpredictability worry him.