What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris - The greatest player of ALL TIME

Raider_69

Post Whore
R69 can you tell me...what's happened to Jarrod Croker this year?

A major disappointment imo.

I dont think he's been that bad at all
he's been an absolute rock in defense, he's really improved his area of his game, he is getting targetted every game and he's making some really nice plays

when he gets good early ball, he's doing good things with ball in hand but the structure we're playing with, is not lending itself to give the kid the early ball he needs and got last year. Also i've noticed we've played to Joel Thompson and Daniel Vidot as often as possible this year, obviously we feel they were a better option than Croker and Kelly/Robinson/Stuart/Low... and you cant argue there.
I think we'll see him get some better ball now that he's got Monaghan outside him, who is someone we will want to get involved

Johns Magic

Referee
he's been an absolute rock in defense, he's really improved his area of his game, he is getting targetted every game and he's making some really nice plays

when he gets good early ball, he's doing good things with ball in hand but the structure we're playing with, is not lending itself to give the kid the early ball he needs and got last year. Also i've noticed we've played to Joel Thompson and Daniel Vidot as often as possible this year, obviously we feel they were a better option than Croker and Kelly/Robinson/Stuart/Low... and you cant argue there.
I think we'll see him get some better ball now that he's got Monaghan outside him, who is someone we will want to get involved

He looked like a tryscoring dynamo last year but has only scored 2 all season so far. Obviouly I haven't watched as closely as you but the times I have watched he hasn't really looked like the attacking threat he was last year.

Raider_69

Post Whore
He looked like a tryscoring dynamo last year but has only scored 2 all season so far. Obviouly I haven't watched as closely as you but the times I have watched he hasn't really looked like the attacking threat he was last year.

i think it comes down to perception from the coach that whilst monaghan was out and we had him paired up with the likes of Reece Robinson, Brett Kelly, James Stuart and one game with Drury Low, that his side was not the prefered attacking side
and i cant knock that, because besides from Low, a game in which he scored a double, i think Croker got one of his 2 tries and looked very good, he's had very average players outside him (in the case of James Stuart, average only with ball in hand, kid is a dynamo in defense)

with Big red back outside him i expect the coach and Campese will want to get him involved more so than the others, so they will start directing some attack down to Big red, which means going through Croker

what is really the point of having idris on the bench....

just so bellamy can take gidley off, hayne to fullback then idris to centre

5 in a row
Looking forward to next year
;)

Apey

Staff member
I am practically speechless, what else is there to say?

:crazy:

His defence has improved a great deal from last year. I can't really remember his missing many tackles. He's suffering though from our ineptitude in attack, but has still been solid. I'm expecting him to have a big second half of the season

aqua_duck

Coach
I don't think I've ever been so disappointed as a NSW fan (retaining wolfman for game 3 last year runs a distant 2nd)

Ulysseus

Bench
hmmmmmmmmmmm, I'll give the boy the benefit of the doubt thus far.
Lets be realistic had Beau Scott been fit, he'd be there, either in place of Cooper or Tahu, and whether one of them went to the bench instead of this gent is another matter.

He needs to pick his game up.
Idris will not be able to win NSW the series.
However, there is the chance that he may well go some way to losing it for them.
He will need to combine those "big" hits with actually stopping the player from advancing for once.
He will also need to improve his ability to contest the ball at height, jump the boy can, but against Saints earlier this year he made 6 jumps, of those 6 he clean missed 2, caught one, knocked one back and knocked two forward - points resultant from al that jumping = 0.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I feel Tahu is way more overated than Idris.

I wouldn't say 'more', but there's no doubt he was selected on reputation rather than form.

What has he done outstanding this year? Put on a couple of shoulder charges, some of which has resulted in defensive line breaks?

Bumble

First Grade
I appreciate that I'm a Souths fan, but why can't Champion even be mentioned in the SOO picture but Idris not only gets talked up every week, but actually gets in the team?

Anyone that gets owned by Colin Best for 80 minutes is not origin standard.

Big Pete

Referee
I wouldn't say 'more', but there's no doubt he was selected on reputation rather than form.

What has he done outstanding this year? Put on a couple of shoulder charges, some of which has resulted in defensive line breaks?

I would.

Tahu gets talked up deluxe by the commentators and nobody bats an eye lid.

Idris gets talked up deluxe and now suddenly he's the anti-christ.

Seriously, the only way this can all turn around is if Timmah puts his banner skills to the test and makes a 'Haters Gonna Hate' signature with Idris' head over the fat kid's body.

Latest posts