What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

blacksafake

First Grade
Dugan hasn't been playing well the last couple of games, looks like he is frustrated and trying too hard. Over the years though he has easily been our best player in many many games he has carried the team even though players around him have seemed disinterested.

Instead of pounding Dugan and his perceived shortcomings (he wont be with us next year) why not talk about the two real problems the team has had for years now. The first is the coach and the second is the on field leader.

Dennis Papaioannou points out how the statistics show we should be in the top four and raises the issue of coaching. My firm belief is, the reason we have great statistics and do not turn them into wins is we do not have a game manager as the on field leader. This is why we can win big when the game is going our way but as soon as it gets tight we don't know what to do.
Well said.
Which imo is where Graham will come in handy even if he is not captain he'll certainly be the "leader" we have been lacking.The guy is a winner who plays for the full 80 min & his pressure on the kicker is so good.Some of our younger forwards should be big improvers with him at the club if they are prepared to follow his work ethics.

FlameThrower

Bench
Plus don't forget all those players we had crippled by the flu! Truly a tremendous season, one of the finest in our history. Tremendous
What are you saying? That the Club is to blame for allowing the Flu to go thru the Squad?? Not the 1st time this has happened with a Flu or gastro virus hitting a team..

PuffGasnier

Juniors
I'm just excited that we're after a highly regarded player instead of a deadshit discard from another team...the kind of player that we're used to signing.

Our signing of Ben Hunt for next year isn't a 'deadshit discard', he is a great player and although he's had a few hiccups along the way, he is a massive upgrade on what we have had in the past few years.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Our signing of Ben Hunt for next year isn't a 'deadshit discard', he is a great player and although he's had a few hiccups along the way, he is a massive upgrade on what we have had in the past few years.

Yeah...signings like Hunt haven't happened very often in the past. Surprised he came to us to be honest.

Crush

Coach
Plus don't forget all those players we had crippled by the flu! Truly a tremendous season, one of the finest in our history. Tremendous
Cmon Grouch, I never said this year was a tremendous season. I said it was a frustrating season but a step in the right direction.
Clearly you are frustrated too. Cheer up mate.

Crush

Coach
The season has been not much better than previous coached sides of Mary's , the difference being this year he has a better roster . If we loose on the weekend the season has been really a disaster especially after leading the comp . So for me the coach has been a let down , a better coach with our roster IMO should have been well cemented in the 8 ....
Hazz, on the ladder I understand that post but not in the style of play and outlook for the future. This year has been a dramatic improvement in attack and general standard of footy.
And I don't think that we have a great roster compared to other teams. We have slow backs, a non-existent halfback and a great forward pack.
Next year will be much better with Hunt IMO.

hazzbeen

Bench
Hazz, on the ladder I understand that post but not in the style of play and outlook for the future. This year has been a dramatic improvement in attack and general standard of footy.
And I don't think that we have a great roster compared to other teams. We have slow backs, a non-existent halfback and a great forward pack.
Next year will be much better with Hunt IMO.
I hope your right about next year because I dont think I can take much more of this . Yea we have improved a bit from last years attacking , but mate we were that bad last year in attack that any bit of extra attack is a bonus .... Anyway I hope we win the comp next year but cant see it under Mary or even the following year .....

Crush

Coach
I hope your right about next year because I dont think I can take much more of this . Yea we have improved a bit from last years attacking , but mate we were that bad last year in attack that any bit of extra attack is a bonus .... Anyway I hope we win the comp next year but cant see it under Mary or even the following year .....
NRL Hazz, anything can happen next year! Before the start of this season I had my top 4 as Panthers, Raiders, Warriors and Storm. Boy was I wrong.
Eels and Manly are in the Top 8!
Anything can happen, even a premiership to the Dragons!

Latest posts