What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

WoyD4LWoy

Juniors
I will comment that Simms raised elbow looked very dodgy. It didn’t appear accidental to me and seems to have escaped any question. Watch out for Sam Byrgess accidentally connecting with someone next week?

I see similarities with thie Napa flying headfirst tackle. Many said Napa was accidental but the next time the NrL rightly rubbed him out for not long enough imo. This raise your elbow at point of contact ‘accident’ got Burgess rubbed out but now Simms hit on Graham was overlooked today.

I reckon the next player to try it on will be sited, Simms appears very lucky today,

Am I the only one who perceives this as a very dodgy incident.
What about Lodge he is a grub! Simms lost his cool definitely due to Bennett reving him against nor only his brother but also future team! The way Lodge targeted Lawrie was nothing less than thuggery!

getsmarty

Immortal
Graham inspired Dragons to boilover: Dufty

By AAP+ on 11/09/2018 at 5:02 pm
Filled in: NRL News
20180911_170118-800x579.jpg

Matt Dufty has revealed how a rousing pre-game rev-up from James Graham inspired St George Illawarra to their NRL boilover against Brisbane.

The Dragons produced one of the biggest upsets of the season in their 48-18 demolition of the Broncos and now have designs on again rattling cages against South Sydney in Saturday’s semi-final.

Written off and even abused by their own fans after limping into the play-offs, the Dragons produced a finals performance for the ages on Sunday.

And fullback Dufty said Graham provided the impetus when he dragged the playing group into a huddle at Suncorp Stadium and urged them to believe in themselves like he did.

“Jammer gave us a speech before the game in a huddle, saying he’s going to put everything on the line, he knows this squad has the potential to win a grand final, that’s why he came here,” Dufty told AAP.

“It’s really inspiring because he’s played 400 first-grade games here and overseas.

“For him to have that confidence in our playing squad definitely helped out.”

Graham’s passion was on show in the 25th minute when he refused to be pulled from the field after copping an accidental elbow to the head from Korbin Sims, though he relented and didn’t return after failing a head injury assessment.

Dufty’s affection for the English prop is evident, calling him a warrior and “probably the toughest guy I’ve played with”.

“He didn’t want to come off on the weekend. He got knocked out and he was fighting to stay on the field,” Dufty said.

Following their 38-0 humiliation at the hands of Canterbury in the second-last round of the season, the pair exchanged terse words in the dressing room.

While some saw it as a sign of a rift between them, Dufty said they could hardly be closer, describing them as having a big brother, little brother relationship.

“We’re definitely good friends and he’s someone I respect,” Dufty said.

“We have arguments every now and then but what good friends don’t? We get over it pretty quick.

“After that Bulldogs thing, we were on the phone that night and we had breakfast the next day. It wasn’t worrying us.

“We were laughing at everyone making it out to be a big deal. The joke was on them.”

https://www.sportsnews.com.au/nrl/graham-inspired-dragons-to-boilover-dufty/451002

j0nesy

Bench
I will comment that Simms raised elbow looked very dodgy. It didn’t appear accidental to me and seems to have escaped any question. Watch out for Sam Byrgess accidentally connecting with someone next week?

I see similarities with thie Napa flying headfirst tackle. Many said Napa was accidental but the next time the NrL rightly rubbed him out for not long enough imo. This raise your elbow at point of contact ‘accident’ got Burgess rubbed out but now Simms hit on Graham was overlooked today.

I reckon the next player to try it on will be sited, Simms appears very lucky today,

I noticed it and it looked deliberate to me. However, I’m glad he didn’t get cited because he’s playing for us next year.

j0nesy

Bench
What about Lodge he is a grub! Simms lost his cool definitely due to Bennett reving him against nor only his brother but also future team! The way Lodge targeted Lawrie was nothing less than thuggery!
Lodge was swinging them in every tackle in the last 5 mins. Just missed out on taking Luc head off. Filthy grub and the refs let it go. Very dangerous. Lucky he didn’t connect with any.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Graham inspired Dragons to boilover: Dufty

By AAP+ on 11/09/2018 at 5:02 pm
Filled in: NRL News
20180911_170118-800x579.jpg

Matt Dufty has revealed how a rousing pre-game rev-up from James Graham inspired St George Illawarra to their NRL boilover against Brisbane.

The Dragons produced one of the biggest upsets of the season in their 48-18 demolition of the Broncos and now have designs on again rattling cages against South Sydney in Saturday’s semi-final.

Written off and even abused by their own fans after limping into the play-offs, the Dragons produced a finals performance for the ages on Sunday.

And fullback Dufty said Graham provided the impetus when he dragged the playing group into a huddle at Suncorp Stadium and urged them to believe in themselves like he did.

“Jammer gave us a speech before the game in a huddle, saying he’s going to put everything on the line, he knows this squad has the potential to win a grand final, that’s why he came here,” Dufty told AAP.

“It’s really inspiring because he’s played 400 first-grade games here and overseas.

“For him to have that confidence in our playing squad definitely helped out.”

Graham’s passion was on show in the 25th minute when he refused to be pulled from the field after copping an accidental elbow to the head from Korbin Sims, though he relented and didn’t return after failing a head injury assessment.

Dufty’s affection for the English prop is evident, calling him a warrior and “probably the toughest guy I’ve played with”.

“He didn’t want to come off on the weekend. He got knocked out and he was fighting to stay on the field,” Dufty said.

Following their 38-0 humiliation at the hands of Canterbury in the second-last round of the season, the pair exchanged terse words in the dressing room.

While some saw it as a sign of a rift between them, Dufty said they could hardly be closer, describing them as having a big brother, little brother relationship.

“We have arguments every now and then but what good friends don’t? We get over it pretty quick.

“After that Bulldogs thing, we were on the phone that night and we had breakfast the next day. It wasn’t worrying us.

“We were laughing at everyone making it out to be a big deal. The joke was on them.”

https://www.sportsnews.com.au/nrl/graham-inspired-dragons-to-boilover-dufty/451002

We need another rev up from Jimmy pregame.
Listening to Benny’s interview you realise how easily the pendulum of confidence swings in a game.
You’d’ve reckoned the sports psychologists would’ve nailed it by now.

I remember going to a herb farm once just outside of Wellington NSW where this old guy showed us a particular herb that he said used to be given to medieval warriors before they went into battle - said it revved the lads up big time
Then there’s faceslapping ... or maybe the boys will just want to put a smile on Muppet’s face again lol.

Can’t wait for Jimmy’s first hit on Sam - Russell will think he’s back on the Gladiator set !

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
He’s been our Captain all year, but the C next to his name would allow for some spirited exchanges with the Refs.
Would love to see Jimmy unsettle the Burgess boys early in the game....either physically or verbally and in no particular order ...actualy might be better to start with Sam then follow up soon after with the twins...and bye the way Im happy for Tariq and Jack to help out if required

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Well there you go... no big deal.

Belta

Juniors

You often see awkward collisions when defenders sprint up for the ‘big hit’. The defender commonly mistimes or fails to position/brace himself properly for the tackle. You see it a lot where the defender comes of second best as their chest/throat/head collide into the forearm/elbow of the ball carrier. I’m not disagreeing that Simms raised his forearm (but let’s change the subject on that one) but it does place a fair bit of onus/fault on the defender in such situations. There were a few examples with Sam Burgess was trying to square up where he came off worse and a really good example in same game where the Melbourne second rower fell off Crighton, and Crichton scored.

Napa was 100% at fault, dangerous and reckless

A bit of a story..

A few years ago I was out at Palmer & Co in the city with a few folk and not long into the night Steve Price and Corey Pearson sat right next to me, October 2012 after his first season as coach. Soon I'd peeled away from my group and the three of us were chatting for hours over many drinks. Both top blokes gotta say but on topic..... (I hear people thinking what the f*ck has this got to do with James Graham)..

Amongst talking all things footy and horseshit, I asked Steve who is the one player you'd sign up if money/current contracts were no object. Without any hesitation he replied back instantly "James Graham".

At first I was surprised. Remember this was 2012.. why not Smith, Thurston, Cronk, Inglis, Foran, Hayne.... but without hesitation again, they were dismissed - Graham was the man.

Effectively he replied that James Graham was everything a coach wants. His dedication, belief, attitude, toughness, workrate and leadership on the field was world-class. He was a forward people wanted to play alongside and would leave absolutely nothing on the field after a game. He is a team man, who is both actions and words to get the best out of himself and everyone around him. He will do whatever it takes.

Roll forward 6 years, those words ring in my ears. In a season where the dragons have been up and down like a fiddlers elbow - no one can question James Graham. He's been everything said in that bar 6 years ago.

I thought we'd really struggle after the loss of Russell Packer last year. But as good as Russell Packer was for us - James Graham has more than filled that gap.