What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham

Gareth67

First Grade
Yep, l flunked kindergarten and had to repeat. We did mathematics, pythagerious and all that stuff back then.... think l failed English too although l think l got dux of the class in woodwork.

The family was going to hold my schooling off till calculators were invented but my future wife didn’t want me attending school with our kids.

And I use to think that I was the only kid in the entire world that had to repeat kindergarten - yes that’s right OK1 me also ! But I had a reason , I was considered too young to progress to 1st class as I was only 4 and a half years of age .

Dare I say it ? This trip down memory lane is turning our off-season into something that was better than the actual footy season .

Gareth67

First Grade
garth old man the truth of the matter is that I was born on the 6/4/49 as you would remember saints won the comp that year,dad told me years later I missed a few games that year.as I was born in the year of one of our title wins I thing it only fair I drop of the perch in yet another title winning year, this is were i get a little selfish as long as we have mary I thing I will be on this forum for years to come.

Matey with or without Mary , we will have the pleasure of your company .
Gareth
Mrs Gareth is your cher and you are her sunny .

Oh for pity sake ! Why did you have to go and spoil my dream girl Sammy ?

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
garth old man the truth of the matter is that I was born on the 6/4/49 as you would remember saints won the comp that year,dad told me years later I missed a few games that year.as I was born in the year of one of our title wins I thing it only fair I drop of the perch in yet another title winning year, this is were i get a little selfish as long as we have mary I thing I will be on this forum for years to come.

Mate, your nearly as old as the Lancaster’s my father use to fly in although l think you just beat Roman numerals.
All positive stuff.

BLM01

First Grade
Yep, l flunked kindergarten and had to repeat. We did mathematics, pythagerious and all that stuff back then.... think l failed English too although l think l got dux of the class in woodwork.

The family was going to hold my schooling off till calculators were invented but my future wife didn’t want me attending school with our kids.
Sounds like you were never going to make opportunity school then!...then again nor did I

Dragonslayer

First Grade
There are times when the lion becomes the liability. James is nearly, if not already, at that point.
We won't see him at pre-season until mid January, so he is already behind the 8 ball, as they say, as far as fitness would be concerned for the trials and opening games.
One would think if he did play on, then off the bench is his only position now. Starting him would be a huge mistake.

Bench
I hope we don’t see Mary keeping him on for to long, there were times he played 40 minutes and came off totally busted

Belta

Juniors
James concussion in first tackle of the test.
Under 70 arm each of the 3 test.
He needs to be medically retired.

notwithstanding the different roles and time on the field, it’s interesting comparing Graham’s arm in the games England lost to NZLD and Tonga.

In the NZLD game the roosters prop Jared ran about 180 arm
In the Tonga game the roosters other prop Takeiado ran over 250 arm
The roosters winger Topou also also ran over 200 m

To be fair Graham wasn’t used as a prop but It’s reason number 101 why certain sides dominate the way they do, their forwards and wingers really lay the platform.

Gareth67

First Grade
If only Flanagan could put his two- bobs worth in Mary’s wax filled ear holes and explain to him that a man of Jimmy Grahams age would indeed be better of the bench then that in itself would allow him - Graham - a better chance of seeing out his final year .

Otherwise as many have already said he will eventually sustain a season ending injury .
Much rather see him play limited minutes in each match then end his career prematurely.

Old Timer

Coach
As usual many in here want to hang on to the memory not the reality.
Graham was a great player but his best is long gone and if he plays on he is a liability as shown in his last representative matches.
He has achieved the pinnacle and is on the decline so time to move on.
His real future was in the ESL but we gazumped that and are now paying the price for what he can do off field rather than on it.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
If only Flanagan could put his two- bobs worth in Mary’s wax filled ear holes and explain to him that a man of Jimmy Grahams age would indeed be better of the bench then that in itself would allow him - Graham - a better chance of seeing out his final year .

Otherwise as many have already said he will eventually sustain a season ending injury .
Much rather see him play limited minutes in each match then end his career prematurely.
His career was over wen we signed him.