What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

Hutty1986

Immortal
press conference Friday....
By the Broncos

They should have solved this dilemma in the true spirit of Festivus...

FEATS OF STRENGTH!

festivus1.jpg

mickeylane

Bench
The latest rumours re Roberts is as follows and documented in the media.

The Broncos are his preference destination but the contract offer is way inferior to Dragons.

Broncos need to shed at least one player if not two by Friday.. Problem being both players they are tring to shed have 2 year contracts in play..

Roberts committed to a decision by as early as tomorrow latest Friday - if he decides to wait for Broncos.

The reality could be that we end up w Roberts by default as Broncos offer will be underwhelming and won't have enough time to move on the relevant players in time to make this deal happen..

Gold Coast are the key here as they seem to be the only team that can afford to throw $300k a season as of 2016 to a centre.. It just depends which centre they go for..will it be. Broncos player and will the deal happen. Time?

I'm still confident we could land Roberts.... There are too mAny pluses we are throwing at him
Fullback position
$$$$$
Beautiful sea side residence
Away from a major city
A top 8 team

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

The Broncos are his preference destination but the contract offer is way inferior to Dragons.

Broncos need to shed at least one player if not two by Friday.. Problem being both players they are tring to shed have 2 year contracts in play..

Roberts committed to a decision by as early as tomorrow latest Friday - if he decides to wait for Broncos.

The reality could be that we end up w Roberts by default as Broncos offer will be underwhelming and won't have enough time to move on the relevant players in time to make this deal happen..

Gold Coast are the key here as they seem to be the only team that can afford to throw $300k a season as of 2016 to a centre.. It just depends which centre they go for..will it be. Broncos player and will the deal happen. Time?

I'm still confident we could land Roberts.... There are too mAny pluses we are throwing at him
Fullback position
$$$$$
Away from a major city
A top 8 team

If what you are saying is fact re the inferior to us offer and The Donkeys are his preferred club then im almost convinced now he will go there....theres a lot of businesses in Brisbane that im sure imo can prop up the shortfall...as for them shedding players that's just a smokey ...hope Im wrong but I doubt it ....and theres one thing we cant throw at him, Wayne Bennett

Last edited:

The Nick

Bench
Agree, I still think he will go to Broncos but News Corp. also speculating Titans interested in Mata'utia but also that we can afford Roberts and Mata'utia anyway so dominos may fall in our favour but I doubt it.

V

Vasilevsky

Personally I like Objective View's posts. I don't agree with him but about Mary at all but imagine how f**king annoying, boring and 'dumbed-down' (and nearly empty) this place would be if every homie were like Bottle, Country Dragons and Coast Dragon:crazy::crazy:???

Straight Shooter:cool:

nrlnrl

First Grade

Fullback position
$$$$$
Away from a major city
A top 8 team

No, forget Roberts & be happy we signed Lafai.

Personally I like Objective View's posts. I don't agree with him but about Mary at all but imagine how f**king annoying, boring and 'dumbed-down' (and nearly empty) this place would be if every homie were like Bottle, Country Dragons and Coast Dragon:crazy::crazy:???

Straight Shooter:cool:

You're growing on me, comrade.

Straight Shooter

hazzbeen

Bench
A coy Wayne Bennett has cast doubt on whether the Brisbane Broncos are truly in the hunt for the prized signature of star NRL free agent James Roberts.
Having left Gold Coast following his contract forgery debacle, the 22-year-old Dally M centre of the year is reportedly set to be offered a deal by the Broncos and is seen as an ideal replacement for the retired Justin Hodges.
But speaking on Tuesday at the unveiling of the 2016 NRL All-Stars teams in Brisbane, Bennett said it wasn’t on the cards.
“I keep reading about that,” Bennett told reporters when reminded Roberts, who was picked for the Indigenous All Stars side, doesn’t have a club.
Asked if Roberts will play for Brisbane, he said: “Not to my knowledge.” {I dont believe a word Bennett says, he has a way of mixing his words......}

BennyV

Referee
If what you are saying is fact re the inferior to us offer and The Donkeys are his preferred club then im almost convinced now he will go there....theres a lot of businesses in Brisbane that im sure imo can prop up the shortfall...as for them shedding players that's just a smokey ...hope Im wrong but I doubt it ....and theres one thing we cant throw at him, Wayne Bennett

I believe that the issue is more the the NRL will allow him to register for under the Salary Cap. After the Farah fiasco, it seems as though the NRL are ensuring that contracts at least look legitimate - I've got no doubt the Donkeys will be propping up Roberts with under the table deals that blow our offer out of the water.

Hence why they are his preferred club ;-)

willzy91

Juniors
I believe that the issue is more the the NRL will allow him to register for under the Salary Cap. After the Farah fiasco, it seems as though the NRL are ensuring that contracts at least look legitimate - I've got no doubt the Donkeys will be propping up Roberts with under the table deals that blow our offer out of the water.

Hence why they are his preferred club ;-)

I'd love the nrl to come and make a statement saying that any deal for Roberts must be legitimate under ther salary cap and can't consist of more then 60-70% third party deals. Would just blow the donkies out of contention haha.

mmap dragons

Juniors
I'd love the nrl to come and make a statement saying that any deal for Roberts must be legitimate under ther salary cap and can't consist of more then 60-70% third party deals. Would just blow the donkies out of contention haha.

Exactly. Come 2017 when TPA changes are hopefully introduced the Donkeys etc won't enjoy the luxury they do now.

Shame it doesn't help us now with Roberts though.

Last edited:

willzy91

Juniors
Exactly. Come 2017 when TPA changes are hopefully introduced the Donkeys etc won't enjoy the luxury they do now.

Shame it doesn't help us now with Roberts though.

Yeah it really is! I don't know why he wants to go to the donkies where he's pigeonholed into a position there that he doesn't

Latest posts