What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

ONPOINT

Juniors
If we don't land Roberts dragons should look to sign bird as the fullback. Don't see any team
Winning a comp with him at 5:8

Da Doctor

Juniors
Article Headline

The $300k dilemma facing Roberts
DALLY M centre of the year James Roberts would have to sacrifice $300,000 to chase an NRL premiership under Wayne Bennett at the Broncos.

They can only pay $250,000 per year up against $400,000/year by us. Says he is taking time to think about it with his wife and will make a decision before christmas.

Can be cynical now and say the Broncos are getting the brown paper bags ready to make up the shortfall or I can be optimistic and say we are still in with a chance.

One thing I can say is, not worth listening to The Mole.

42 minutes ago Courier Mail (Qld)

saints4ever

First Grade
Mary v Bennett
Lafai v Roberts
Mann v RTS

Starting to get my point?

Straight Shooter

FFS again I'll ask. What would you do differently?

We have gone after Roberts and Lafai. We got one. We are STILL chasing a lost cause in Roberts, doing everything we can though its pointless. Both are improvements on our current centres. We are offering Roberts a shit load, more than Brisbane.
What else do you want us to do?

Mary v Bennett
Lafai v Roberts
Mann v RTS

Starting to get my point?

Straight Shooter
why don't you go for Brisbane?because you clearly hate the dragons and every thing they do and everyone they recruit or try to recruit and judging by your posts I've come to the conclusion you're a miserable p***k who's not happy unless he's whinging about something!

Straighter shooter!

FFS again I'll ask. What would you do differently?

We have gone after Roberts and Lafai. We got one. We are STILL chasing a lost cause in Roberts, doing everything we can though its pointless. Both are improvements on our current centres. We are offering Roberts a shit load, more than Brisbane.
What else do you want us to do?

Democratise the board and sack Doust. That would be a good start.

Straight Shooter

why don't you go for Brisbane?because you clearly hate the dragons and every thing they do and everyone they recruit or try to recruit and judging by your posts I've come to the conclusion you're a miserable p***k who's not happy unless he's whinging about something!

Straighter shooter!

I love the Dragons but I consider mediocrity a failure.

Straight Shooter

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Stuff Roberts if he wants the Broncos let him go.We have bent over backwards to accommodate him and it is obvious he wants Uncle Wayne.I am not sure he is that smart as even min $50k per season would make me forget Bennett real quick.His career may not be that long and every dollar will help him bet set for life.

Wonderful. First step towards your goal would be what exactly?
How does any of that help with our current recruiting? The 2016 season? Or RTS v Mann?

If you can't see the connection between a strong, vibrant, professional board and the ability to recruit and succeed in general, I can't help you, I'm afraid.

Straight Shooter

Last edited:

DUB888

Juniors
The only thing worse than mediocrity itself are people who accommodate it.

Truth be known, supporters like you repulse me.

Straight Shooter

Unfortunately for us TRUE ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA SUPPORTERS the only thing accommodated on OUR FORUM is you D#!kh*?d.

saints4me

Juniors
A true supporter wouldn't generally use the word 'Illawarra'. Unless you're from that region, of course.

Straight Shooter

I've been following the Dragons for just on 50 years & I'm proud that my club is the St George Illawarra Dragons. By the way I live in the Hills area of Sydney - which is a long way from Wollongong.
I'd love to meet you one day 'cause I've never knowingly met a feckwit. You can change that for me!!

Latest posts