What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Lyon wants to play for the Eels again

ParraDude_Jay said:
Nothing wrong with an opinion when it's fair. Nobody knows the situation so nobody should hold it against him should he want another chance. That's completely unfair and ridiculous.

He walked out on the club...he can go and get f**ked.

Sterling

Juniors
as much as i hate the guy you cant overlook his talent. His addition would make our backs unstoppable!!!!!

Hellsy

Immortal
Sterling said:
as much as i hate the guy you cant overlook his talent. His addition would make our backs unstoppable!!!!!

Absolutely Sterling.. his talent is enormous!
No doubt about it... I just don't know if I want him back.....

Thats my thoughts anyway

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
my initial reaction was no way

after giving it a bit more thougth, I would support what ever the Eels do

if Lyon can make peace with BS and the players are willing to accept him back into the team, then he would obviously boost our team, whether Benny plays on the wing, or Lyon moves to 5/6, it would be an awesome back line

I think his team mates and BS are the one's who he sh*t on, so I'd go with their call.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
my initial reaction was no way

after giving it a bit more thougth, I would support what ever the Eels do

if Lyon can make peace with BS and the players are willing to accept him back into the team, then he would obviously boost our team, whether Benny plays on the wing, or Lyon moves to 5/6, it would be an awesome back line

I think his team mates and BS are the one's who he sh*t on, so I'd go with their call.

but BS may be gone in 07

if the team could accept him i suppose it would be better having him play for us than against us

still a turd though

Delboy

First Grade
Guys, I think if we look back, I am trying to fremember when Jamie Lyon said anything. I have posted a few times about this subject, but from memory most of the quotes came from the unbiased Peter Peters or Raaaaay ( backed up by the Parra loving?? Bozo). Whilst not willing to get all gooey about the story, as I have said before, Jamie was led and fed by our ex scout and others at the Beagles. Maybe, he has looked into his actions and thought he did not do the right thing, and that under outside pressure at the time maybe he did some wrong things and wants to make amends.
Lets wait and see what transpires from here, however the Blue and Gold in me thinks, we need a 5/8, maybe this is a chace to get one. However, I am not holding my breath

Stagger eel

Staff member
El Diablo said:
but BS may be gone in 07

he might not be the only person gone, we have a bucket load of players off contract including McKinnon, Morris, Cannings, Stringer, Fui, Williams, Delaney the Pera boys, Chad, Widdo and I think Benny but I'm still not sure about that. There'll be big decisions made between April and June and if Lyon is deadset fairdinkum and not playing games with us, he will figure in those decisions.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Delboy said:
Guys, I think if we look back, I am trying to fremember when Jamie Lyon said anything. I have posted a few times about this subject, but from memory most of the quotes came from the unbiased Peter Peters or Raaaaay ( backed up by the Parra loving?? Bozo). Whilst not willing to get all gooey about the story, as I have said before, Jamie was led and fed by our ex scout and others at the Beagles. Maybe, he has looked into his actions and thought he did not do the right thing, and that under outside pressure at the time maybe he did some wrong things and wants to make amends.
Lets wait and see what transpires from here, however the Blue and Gold in me thinks, we need a 5/8, maybe this is a chace to get one. However, I am not holding my breath

maybe he's had falling out with an ex scout/Mentor ;-)

Avenger

Immortal
Firstly I cannot believe that Morris comes into anyones calculations. People, trust me when I tell you, he will not be with the Eels in 2007.

I was the first one who pounced on Lyon when he left. I actually got severley critisized, but that's another story. If the guy genuinely admits that he made a mistake and the players and management want him back, then I would take him back in a hearbeat.

As far as I am concerned in 2007 we need a 5/8th. The best 5/8ths have also been great centres. (Fittler, Kenny for eg). Lyon is a world class centre. He could easily fill the 5/8th void in 2007.

Talk of Tahu being moved to the wing is ridiculous. He killed them at centre this year. If anything Lyon would put pressure on Ben Smith for a centre spot if the 5/8th experiment failed.

However, in my opinion management will not have him back and Lyon will end up at the Gold Coast in 2007.

The Interesting thing with all of this, we hve people saying that this is his managers beating up a story to get him back here.

But His Managers for Publicity are International Sports Australia.

The team that got the Titans into the Comp are. . . .International Sports Australia.

Jamie will be in the NRL playing for the Titans in 2007.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I'd bet Morris, McKinnon, Cannings, Stringer and possibly Robinson and Widders (depending on how Widders goes next season year) will all be gone by 2007, that's more than enough room for Jamie Lyon.

Jamie played alot of five-eighth this year in Super League and looked quite good, his kicking was pretty good and he created a bit of space for his centres, a full off season training as a 6 could see him become a real superstar for us there, lord knows we need one.

If the club were confident that he's fair dinkum about making up for his mistake, then I'd make him a priority signing. Our backline for 2007 would be absolutely amazing.

But it's only one article in a paper that really isn't that reliable, so we'll have to wait and see.

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
The team that got the Titans into the Comp are. . . .International Sports Australia.

what exactly do you mean by that....I mean do they have a stake on them?

Stagger eel

Staff member
ParraDude_Jay said:
I'd bet Morris, McKinnon, Cannings, Stringer and possibly Robinson and Widders (depending on how Widders goes next season year) will all be gone by 2007, that's more than enough room for Jamie Lyon.

Jamie played alot of five-eighth this year in Super League and looked quite good, his kicking was pretty good and he created a bit of space for his centres, a full off season training as a 6 could see him become a real superstar for us there, lord knows we need one.

If the club were confident that he's fair dinkum about making up for his mistake, then I'd make him a priority signing. Our backline for 2007 would be absolutely amazing.

But it's only one article in a paper that really isn't that reliable, so we'll have to wait and see.

yes, but the article was written by Peter Badel who I believe is a Parramatta supporter and has covered stories about our club for many years.

mIzZ_xCiTe

Juniors
he didnt like the 'city' life and last time i checked parra was still a large city.
that picture of him holdong up the many jersey cut the parra players and fans verrrrrrrrrry deep os if he wants to come back that bad then he has alot of grovelling to do.
the bloke is a dickhead.
he claimed that the parramatta club made him the player he is but still turned his back on us. point is if things dont always go his way he'll have a hissy fit and do the same thing again.
another thing, my 10 year old brother wrote him a letter just before his tantrum and there was no reply so he can go and get f**ked!
we already have a quality 3/4 combination and there is no room!
he'll probably end up at manly which is where he wanted to go in the first place.
we want loyalty, he was at the club for 5/6 years when he decided he'd had enough and if u dont have loyalty in something after that long then u never will!

El Diablo

Post Whore
eelavation said:
yes, but the article was written by Peter Badel who I believe is a Parramatta supporter and has covered stories about our club for many years.

didn't he used to have his own parra site years ago?

with a really old forum

Smartman

Juniors
He would be welcome at Canterbury, come Jamie and get a ring like your ex teammates Ryan and Tonga
icon10.gif

Latest posts