What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Lyon

Angry_eel

First Grade
seriously i don't care who he goes to. in my mind, Once a traitor, Always a traitor. plus i wanna see hindy snap him too.

yy_cheng

Coach
East Coast Tiger said:
But is Crucher even involved at Manly now? I thought when his son left he might too. Anyway surely Penrith will have more to offer. Manly has spent a lot on players in recent years and even though BK is retiring they can't have too much more under the cap. The Panthers need one or two more top players and someone who could replace Preston at 5/8 would be handy.

They'll sign Lyon and then sack Cleal. :D

Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Even if BK did not retire we could still nab him yet. There was a cap rise remember....

True but every other team has the same rise and many should have more to play with than Manly. Having said that BK is leaving, Creagh wasn't signed, Kite might be on his way out and they don't seem to be in the running for some of the other players on the market.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Even if BK did not retire we could still nab him yet. There was a cap rise remember....

As if Lyon would only accept the cap rise for a wage :sarcasm:

Please, be serious. :roll: :D

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Rabbitohs2005 said:
There is such a position called centre, where lyon used to play, apart from brett stewart and steve bell, manlys backline is nothin better than average

lyon and bell will be a very good combination

:roll::roll:

Lyon doesn't play left centre, he is a right centre or a five-eighth, nothing more. Bell also prefers the right side and has played there his whole career, Manly wouldn't sign Lyon as a centre mate. If he goes there, he will play five-eighth.

wittyfan

Referee
Doesn't Lyon supposedly hate "city life"? If that's the case then all city based clubs would be out of the running.

yy_cheng said:
Lyon definitely played left centre during rep games as Gasnier was the right centre.

As far as I know, Gasnier & Lyon have never played together.

They both went on the 2001 tour to Great Britain...but I don't think they actually played in any games together.

Morenito

Juniors
Caged Panther said:
Ch 10 saying to expect an announcment tomorrow from Manly regarding Lyon.

Well they can finally announce that contract they've had in the cupboard for the last 2 years.

yy_cheng

Coach
Bobby DIGital said:
As far as I know, Gasnier & Lyon have never played together.

They both went on the 2001 tour to Great Britain...but I don't think they actually played in any games together.

You are right I think, I checked, it was flick pass Gidley and Lyon for NSW SOO

Davester

Juniors
Focal Point said:
Just heard from a friend who has spoken to one of the directors at Penrith. Lyon will be a sea eagle.

:shock: ...who would of saw this news coming?

The northern beaches is really the closest thing to the Bush life hey?

eelsta

Bench
he's just used penrith and parra to hide the fact he's been going to manly all along!

bye bye judas

Cletus

First Grade
Great news if it's true :). I thought we'd miss out on Burns if we signed Lyon, but it looks like he'll be playing centre if he arrives.

Focal Point

Juniors
Looks like Manly will take over the mantle, which was held proudly by the Roosters for the last few years, as the most hated NRL club.

Big Signings in the last couple of years for big dollars :-k Perhaps Delmage has borrowed a stack of brown paper bags from Politis :shock: