What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Lyon

whos the favourite to get his signature ???? and if indeed he signs with an australian club, do you think his status will make him a shoe in for nsw and australia, even when not in his best form ???

slippery nipeel

Juniors
Wee Waa Panthers followed by Wellington Cowboys and Moree Boomerangs.

Seriously he will be a Beagle by the weekend!!

Despite his lack of loyalty, but if he is fit and playing half decent he will be a walk-up start for NSW, not sure about Australia.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Panthers_God said:
I wish he would come to Penrith but looks as though he will go to Manly now.
well ur wishes will be answereed i reckon. he won't go to manly. manly wouldn't have resigned burns if he WAS coming.

Angry_eel said:
well ur wishes will be answereed i reckon. he won't go to manly. manly wouldn't have resigned burns if he WAS coming.

There is such a position called centre, where lyon used to play, apart from brett stewart and steve bell, manlys backline is nothin better than average

lyon and bell will be a very good combination

Perth Red

Post Whore
Gasnier - Lyon will be the Australian centre pairing for the next 5 years I predict

Angry_eel

First Grade
Rabbitohs2005 said:
There is such a position called centre, where lyon used to play, apart from brett stewart and steve bell, manlys backline is nothin better than average

lyon and bell will be a very good combination
if he wanted to play centre, what do u think was wrong at parra. he wants to lead the team not follow.

groggo

Juniors
im amused by people saying he plays 5/8 at st helens every game ive watched hes played center

Paullyboy

Coach
The amount of hype about Lyon's return is like he's the second coming of Jesus, I wish he'd just hurry up and sign somewhere so we wouldnt have to keep hearing about him.

RainMan

Juniors
Angry_eel said:
if he wanted to play centre, what do u think was wrong at parra. he wants to lead the team not follow.

Looks like someone has had their head in the sand for the past 18 months...

Brian Smith. Enough said.

Snoop

Coach
Only Newcastle thinks Newcastle is a chance of getting him.

Seriously, it was really just a rumour built on the rumour that Gidley was going to St Helens. Newcastle fans started ejaculating over a centre-for-centre swap.

ucantseeme

Juniors
i reckon the tigers may be a dark horse to sign him, especially as a back up for Benji if he gets injured again as Lyon has worn the #6 for St Helens & also does the goal kicking

The guy's not real bright. I doubt he even knows who he wants to play for and even when he does make up his mind he'll probably change it within days. But one thing is for sure he's got great ability at centre or five eighth and as a goal kicker and he as at least shown with Saints that he is willing to now commit to a club and stick with them for at least the two years he signed on for. I'd be happy to have him at Newcastle but if the rumoured problems with Brian Smith are true it would seem unlikely. His uncle works for Penrith and he has close ties with Crusher Cleal at Manly so they are the obvious choices. But is Crucher even involved at Manly now? I thought when his son left he might too. Anyway surely Penrith will have more to offer. Manly has spent a lot on players in recent years and even though BK is retiring they can't have too much more under the cap. The Panthers need one or two more top players and someone who could replace Preston at 5/8 would be handy.

Latest posts