What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Soward going to panthers

DragonBuck

Juniors
just because Price has stated that negotiations are in the hands of the recruitment team does not mean:
a) he hasnt given his approval for the recruitment team to engage the player or players manager..
b) after initially sounding out the players interest based on Prices approval, the recruitment team then report back to Price who will then meet the player if the player is interested.

there is no sense in Price wasting time speaking to a player who isnt interested in joining the club in the first place.

as you said we dont know the clubs internal process, but i think you are jumping to conclusions based on Prices comments and then assuming he has zero input into retention or recruitment..
what coach would coach under those conditions?
and what player would sign with a club that didnt give them the opportunity to speak to the coach first about his plans for the club ??

That could explain a lot......

gypsy

Bench
just because Price has stated that negotiations are in the hands of the recruitment team does not mean:
a) he hasnt given his approval for the recruitment team to engage the player or players manager..
b) after initially sounding out the players interest based on Prices approval, the recruitment team then report back to Price who will then meet the player if the player is interested.

there is no sense in Price wasting time speaking to a player who isnt interested in joining the club in the first place.

as you said we dont know the clubs internal process, but i think you are jumping to conclusions based on Prices comments and then assuming he has zero input into retention or recruitment..
what coach would coach under those conditions?
and what player would sign with a club that didnt give them the opportunity to speak to the coach first about his plans for the club ??

Can't agree with this bit Red. A coach is key in persuading someone to join a club, particularly to disspel myths and changing their perceptions about the club or the coach himself.

BradMackay

Juniors
In the Nathan Wynn thread he said he meet both Price and Craig Young to discuss signing in December. It means that since then Price has not been used and the next coach is being the one who consulted on recruitment. Reckon we will do the Nathan Brown trick of resigning Price after a few more wins but wont make the finals.

bottle

Coach
In the Nathan Wynn thread he said he meet both Price and Craig Young to discuss signing in December. It means that since then Price has not been used and the next coach is being the one who consulted on recruitment. Reckon we will do the Nathan Brown trick of resigning Price after a few more wins but wont make the finals.

Brad, do us all a favour and don't go posting comments on the main board putting shit on the club please. There's enough gronks in there to deal with without giving them more ammunition to work with. Keep it in house brother.

BradMackay

Juniors
Brad, do us all a favour and don't go posting comments on the main board putting shit on the club please. There's enough gronks in there to deal with without giving them more ammunition to work with. Keep it in house brother.
Righto bottle - edited my comment. Go Saints!!!

bottle

Coach
Righto bottle - edited my comment. Go Saints!!!
Cool.
Don't get me wrong, it's a free world and you can do what you like. We already have enough Saints' fans go in there and put shit on the club. It just rankles me when I see it.
This is the better place for such opinions to be voiced. You might still not get the best reception, but at least we're on the same side here.

Mr Red

First Grade
Can't agree with this bit Red. A coach is key in persuading someone to join a club, particularly to disspel myths and changing their perceptions about the club or the coach himself.

yes fully agree in most cases, i was more referring to a Michael Jennings type situation where the manager will not let their client at any cost play for a certain team.. in that sense its pointless for the coach to waste his time speaking to the player.

RedVDave

First Grade
This just plain sucks to be honest with you, since Soward joined our club he has been a revelation and arguably one of our most passionate players. Now after next year we will have only 5 players remaining from the 2010 Grand Final.

I wish Soward nothing but the best though!

Simon Templar

Juniors
Best kicking game in rugby league. Improved defender. Just wish he would run the ball more. Seems blindingly quick off the mark. Agree he had an average year last year but so did most of the squad. Panthers will be a better team unfortunately. When you look at the squad I don't think Jamie was the problem.

AceAv

Juniors
It just means penriff will lose 30-1 now instead of 30-0.

lol.

TBH Soward was a much sharper and slicker player under Bennett. It's always shit to lose your 5'8. But clearly Management didn't see much potential in him and thought he was worth his dough.

Be interesting to see if you snare Carney...But J Thomson is a good start.

TheRev

Coach
Best kicking game in rugby league. Improved defender. Just wish he would run the ball more. Seems blindingly quick off the mark.

This is a bit of a critical post but I think ppl are buying into the Gould hype:

o Jamie has been great the last 2 weeks, but there is no way I would take Jamie's kicking game over A.Reynolds, Cron, JT to name the most obvious 3... who have more strings in their bow also.

o Also with Field-Goals, if you look at our record in golden-point it makes you question the field-goal credentials too.. yes he can kick them, but I dont think his accuracy is above any other teams regular kicker... and he has been shooting a lot when not under pressure lately.

blacklock

Juniors
oh lord....... we lost soward to the friggin panthers. *shakes his head* oh all the players to lose, we lose the one with a hint of x factor / game winner. an absolute shame. he and nightingale are my top two in our team. our team is going to hell in a hand basket now.

Minh

First Grade
This is a bit of a critical post but I think ppl are buying into the Gould hype:

o Jamie has been great the last 2 weeks, but there is no way I would take Jamie's kicking game over A.Reynolds, Cron, JT to name the most obvious 3... who have more strings in their bow also.

o Also with Field-Goals, if you look at our record in golden-point it makes you question the field-goal credentials too.. yes he can kick them, but I dont think his accuracy is above any other teams regular kicker... and he has been shooting a lot when not under pressure lately.

Agree with you on those three players, when Soward is on fire he is up there but consistently those three seem to have a better kicking game. As for goal kicking Reynolds, Thurston and the likes of Maloney are better goal kickers, there are others better too as Soward is a little hot and cold with the goal kicking even a little over rated. I love Soward but just speaking my mind.

64 Dragon

Coach
With field goals, we can't really blame Sowie for not winning for us in golden point. To be able to kick us to a win he has to be in the right position. Getting there is the problem.

Latest posts