What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Soward going to panthers

Mr Fourex

Bench
Well .....my face is red. I thought this thread was in the NRL section

I've just realised that I've mistakenly encroached upon the Dragons den and have disturbed the sleeping natives inside.

My apologies

.....as you were.

dragonv

Juniors
LOL I cannot get over this. We wait and wait and wait for a decent halfback to partner Soward (with big money in our reserves) and after missing out on a whole list of sought after halves we find ourselves with no number 6 or 7 and not even a decent goal kicker as far as I know. All reports are Carney is staying put and he is less value than Soward in any case. Doust, you got 24 hours to come out tell us the plan for centre and halves next year or I will keep posting this complaint because I can and I am freaking frustrated. Before anyone tells me to be patient and "something is in the pipeline" again, take a look at the calendar. Hornby ran around last year because we couldn't pin down Moltzen.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

I've just realised that I've mistakenly encroached upon the Dragons den and have disturbed the sleeping natives inside.

My apologies

.....as you were.

I don't know about your face being red.......but I bet I know what else is...now go to sleep before you go blind...

Dea

Juniors
All the best to Sowie! Loved having you here at the Dragons and will fondly remember your contribution to our most recent premiership.

As for the future.... Big concern with no 6 or 7 waiting in the wings. Surely Fein will retire at the end of the year. Drinkwater doesn't seem to know where the door is to be knocking on it. Stanley has no record of being able to play in the halves, in fact doesn't seem to have a record of being able to play more than a few games Ina season!

Signing yet to be announced.... Not much talent available and to date pretty much everyone we have approached has declined.

Hard to keep faith but.... In good and bad times, Dragons are my team!

TruSaint

Referee

My apologies

.....as you were.

You r a deadest waste of space. Go back to the hole u dug out of.
Your nick suggests the famous qld beer. Bear in mind alcohol is for those who can afford
To lose a few brain cells. Be careful.

Minh

First Grade
You r a deadest waste of space. Go back to the hole u dug out of.
Your nick suggests the famous qld beer. Bear in mind alcohol is for those who can afford
To lose a few brain cells. Be careful.

:lol:

XXXX is a massive loser, he has half a brain cell left if that.

Easily one of Browns most astute acquisitions. His left boot was one of the key ingredients to Bennett's game plan.

Without Soward we would not have won a premiership.

I hope Saints fan's give him the respect he deserves. He is a true character wears his heart on his sleeve, speaks the truth and is never afraid to share his thoughts. Most league players whore themselves to media outlets whereas Jamie seems to hate the media, something endearing in that. Jamies an honest bloke which unfortunately is a dying breed in league... All the best Jamie.

nice words.
agree.

How could Doust and Price create this situation!.

Where do I sign up for:
  • OUST DOUST and;
  • DICE PRICE ! !

I'm mad as hell.....
And I'll be even MADDER if we sign Carney now...

STG-Dragon

Juniors
All this is really illustrating how inept our club has become! This could really get bad with a mass exodus of talent a big possibility... It seems atm no one will touch the Dragons, Doust has to be feeling the pressure now!

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
All this is really illustrating how inept our club has become! This could really get bad with a mass exodus of talent a big possibility... It seems atm no one will touch the Dragons, Doust has to be feeling the pressure now!

Mass Exodus of talent? Who?

Everyones been bagging our talent. We are in need of a change up during a rebuild & thats what we're doing. We have a lot of good parts to our squad.

We only need three or four KEY signings. Thats KEY signings, not overpriced, under performing signings.

I've been very vocal in my concerns around the recruitment, though never concerned about losing players. They've been poorly performed results wise for the last two seasons. I dont know how or why, but the last month they have turned it completely around & as such, I'm content to wait and see what comes out in the wash.

I'll give the old blokes this - they dont talk. No one knows whats going on at Saints except for the blokes who are in charge. They'll be judged by the outcome of this transition in the squad - not letting players go who aren't in the plans.

Soward would have stayed if we wanted him. We didint and thats that.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Ronnie...good post mate.
Your last line in that quote is significant. As much as it pains me to lose a favourite player, quite obviously, Soward wasn't in the plans for the future.
There must be some action going on that we don't see....time will tell

doda

Juniors
I cannot believe the Dragons didn't even make an offer to Soward, I'm dissapointed he is leaving.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
I was out fishing yesterday and turned on my pc when I back hoping for a signing. Ha! What a difference one day makes.

Mr Red

First Grade
It's getting very interesting, we now need a half and 5/8 for next season. I hope they are not pinning all there hopes on Rangi.

no... Pricey is not only pinning all hopes on a player they havent even signed, but also an injury prone guy with dodgy knees and sholders (Stanley).

bottle

Coach
I thought you were reserving judgement Red.
Was that bullshit, or did you just 'mis-speak'?

Mr Red

First Grade
still trying to understand the stategy around recruitment...
- we let Beau Scott leave (origin player) for 350k a season, and are trying to sign thompson (non rep player) for a rumoured 440k (approx) a season. Both play the same style of game back rower come centre if needed, Scott more defensive minded, Thompson more a ball runner... so we are downgrading for more money???

- now we let Soward go and are pushing hard for Carney?? once again another downgrade for more money...

i just dont get it...

bottle

Coach
no as already clarified - not reversing my judgement...
keep up bottle..

Lol, sorry, it's hard with the reversing, and reserving and perverse persevering and so on.

So essentially holding to the 'I hate Price and will blame all procurement decisions on him despite the fact that he appears to have little input into the process' line.
Fair enough. At least you're transparent, which can't be said for the club's procurement policy at this point.

BradMackay

Juniors
I wonder if we are getting Sam Williams? half back from Canberra who was rumoured to hate Soward. Rangi Chase and Williams for 2014. Our recruitment is simply shithouse atm

Latest posts