What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne buggers off from NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you have a porch light on at all if you were convinced that he was leaving for good when he made the NFL announcement?

My comment was to those who are still hopeful (which I think are actually a minority). Most people knew he wasnt coming back. They just havent spent every waking moment since it happened shit bagging the bloke.

Yeh, I was far from impressed with the mode of JH's departure (I'm still not impressed by it), but I really hope his does well in the NFL or whatever follows (unless that's in direct competition to us).

did he get the coach's daughter pregnant or something why would they bring in a guy from another team rather than play him? their season is over anyway why not give him a run

Noise

Coach
did he get the coach's daughter pregnant or something why would they bring in a guy from another team rather than play him? their season is over anyway why not give him a run

There is a post on the NRL forum discussing his contract status and how many games he plays. post 891. May provide some insight into how contract status/ waivers / number of games played works.

Why would they bother burning a roster spot for a bloke they aren't going to play?

There may be other players in the 'skill' positions carrying injuries, and subject to fitness tests on the morning of the game. Or they may be intending to play him (as a 3rd RB / PR) regardless. They've pretty much run out of fit half backs / WRs. I think they also own the rights to his services if they have him on the 53-man roster at the end of the regular season (that is certainly how it works with some deals like his).

Last edited:

jk13

First Grade
Hopefully he gets another shot, will b interesting to see the changes/improvements and who better than the equally useless lions

strider

Post Whore
He looks too tall to be a RB. The guys that do well seem to be stockier and change direction much quicker. As a kick returner he's great but that aint the bees knees in NFL

Parra

Referee
Good to see him get some passes. 5 in a row at the end there.

He hesitated a lit when he took handoffs. There weren't a lot of holes for him to hit, but that bit of hesitation doesn't look good.

ahhh. Only just realised that the game was on 7mate...my EPG said it was a different game at 4.30am. They must have changed it after Hayne was put on the roster.

Good to see him getting plenty of possessions and no f**k ups.

Avenger

Immortal
Very happy to see him get another shot. If he plays the next game apparently no other club can poach him and he will more than likely stay with SF

He looks too tall to be a RB. The guys that do well seem to be stockier and change direction much quicker. As a kick returner he's great but that aint the bees knees in NFL

I don't necessarily agree with the height thing Strides. Arian Foster, Beastmode, Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, are all top line RB's and all are 6' or more. Doesn't matter if you're tall if you're good enough. Jarryd just looks tentative and awkward.

bartman

Immortal
Well done Jarryd, a solid game by all reports :clap:.

Wasn't given a chance on kick returns, so at least there were no fumbles to blemish his game. And although playing at RB apparently he wasn't required to block the QB on any passing plays, so at least there were no lapses in the OL that could count against him.

Looks like the 49ers have finally worked out a way to use Hayne - performing part of the usual role of a RB, until he learns a bit more about positional play etc before next season? Hope they keep Hayne in the active 53 for next game, so that his future with them is secure across the off-season - Jarryd had a great pre-season this year, so no reason to think he won't impress again for them if retained until next July.

Status
Not open for further replies.