What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne buggers off from NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suitman

Post Whore
What is he doing there?
He's learning the game that he wants to play. I'm pretty sure Hayne knew he'd be starting at the bottom when he decided to head over there.

As much as I'd love to see him out there on the field for the Niners, it is probably in the team's (and his) best interests to have him on the PS.

Exactly.
All this keeping the porch light talk on is just crap

We all forget the type of person Jarryd is. Determined, successful, loyal.
He ain't walking out on the 49'ers. Yes, he would like to be playing more, but flying around the States every second week, being a part of a team that plays in front of S.O.O crowds wiwo, is a far cry from a trip to a rainy Brookvale Oval on a Monday night.
He's living the dream, and Jarryd want's to make it a success. No doubt.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
Exactly.

He ain't walking out on the 49'ers. Yes, he would like to be playing more, but flying around the States every second week, being a part of a team that plays in front of S.O.O crowds wiwo, is a far cry from a trip to a rainy Brookvale Oval on a Monday night.

Suity

I agree he's living the dream. But the loyalty stuff is a furfy. There is no loyalty in american sport. Its business, end of story. Im sure jarryd knows that. He's just having fun with it all still. But i assume that will wear off at some point.

Avenger

Immortal
Exactly.

Suity

If he stays at the 49ers it may well feel like a rainy Monday night at Brookvale.

Suitman

Post Whore
I agree he's living the dream. But the loyalty stuff is a furfy. There is no loyalty in american sport. Its business, end of story. Im sure jarryd knows that. He's just having fun with it all still. But i assume that will wear off at some point.

I said HE was loyal. No doubt, there is no loyalty in American sport. Yes, it's a business.
He can't control what he can't control.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
I said HE was loyal. No doubt, there is no loyalty in American sport. Yes, it's a business.
He can't control what he can't control.

Suity

Well i dont think jarryd is silly. I dont think he will be carrying around alot of one way loyalty

Suitman

Post Whore
If he stays at the 49ers it may well feel like a rainy Monday night at Brookvale.

Think I know where I'd rather be......

Brookvale_Oval_3.JPG

or....

14915423213_acecadef02_h.jpg

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Setting aside this completely misguided notion that a high IQ equates to high intelligence for one moment, you're making an assumption on the level of my IQ, as well as suggesting that because of said astronomically high IQ, you're in a better position to judge talent than a man who watches his team religiously, and has done so for 20 years.

I'll leave you to decipher the farcical nature of that logic.

People are often wrong - it's only human nature. And I am more than happy to concede that you might be right, and he may turn out to be a star.

I, myself, have seen no star quality about him over several years.

Other fans rated Hostetler, too - his career TD to INT ratio was 94 to 71...hardly stellar.

I was just being a fool:D

I do rate Carr thou. If you look at most QB's such as Romo-Palmer-Dalton-Flaco-Smith-Newton..... They all have been questioned as to if they are elite or good enough too win a BOWL.
Its not hard to work out that when the team around them is strong they get more wraps.
Carr is not in the Brady-Rodgers-Wilson-rothelsperger class but he is good enough too win a bowl or atleast attempt too build a team around.
Next year he could prove to be a bust. I tipped Oakland to be a lot better this year along with VIkings to be a smokie. Both are.
Next season Oakland should continue too improve and those small losses will become small wins taking them to post season.The following year will be the one if they are good enough and have built right can become a superbowl chance.

Much better proposition then my eagles or Ron's bills who are stuck in the middle of pack forever. Where is ROn anyhows?

hindy111

Post Whore
The fact Hayne is living a dream good on him. Better too try then wonder. I doubt he will make it now thou. Unless another team takes a punt on him.I think everyone got a little excited in trials. Bradford thru a perfect half-No misses in his trial.In the NFL he is ranked about 26th in QB'S.

The fact he has played NRL since 18 means he is ahead in years so 2yrs out of the game is not a big thing.

He can come back at age 29 - Sign or try for a bumper 5 yr deal that would see him play his final season at age 33. ( he still may have 1-2 on top of that)
I reckon somewhere around 7 million would be accurate.Throw in sponsors and marketing and im sure he will be able too make atleast 10 million before he retires.
And most clubs will offer him some sort of role after he retires.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
49ers are a train wreck, he really should move on if he gets an opportunity

I read an article today saying that the 49ers should really move their coach on, its was by an NFL commentator so not necessarily gonna happen but their opinion of him was pretty low

Eelementary

Post Whore
I was just being a fool:D

I do rate Carr thou. If you look at most QB's such as Romo-Palmer-Dalton-Flaco-Smith-Newton..... They all have been questioned as to if they are elite or good enough too win a BOWL.
Its not hard to work out that when the team around them is strong they get more wraps.
Carr is not in the Brady-Rodgers-Wilson-rothelsperger class but he is good enough too win a bowl or atleast attempt too build a team around.
Next year he could prove to be a bust. I tipped Oakland to be a lot better this year along with VIkings to be a smokie. Both are.
Next season Oakland should continue too improve and those small losses will become small wins taking them to post season.The following year will be the one if they are good enough and have built right can become a superbowl chance.

Much better proposition then my eagles or Ron's bills who are stuck in the middle of pack forever. Where is ROn anyhows?

I'm just gonna come out and say it - I reckon we won't make the post-season with Carr.

Snoochies

First Grade
Did or has Jarryd made it? What was his end goal, just to play in the NFL? Make a career in the NFL?

In my books he's succeeded and did it against all the odds. Most said he wouldn't get a try out, then he won't get signed, then he won't make the PS, he won't make the 53 man squad, he won't start. He did it all in less than 12 months so he's achieved a hell of alot.

I hope it continues for him, despite alot of people saying he should come home he's there to battle against the odds again.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm just gonna come out and say it - I reckon we won't make the post-season with Carr.

Denver on decline
San diego are bust
Kansas solid but this is their year of glory ( dont be suprised if they make a post season run)

Oakland at about 70% of potential :D

WHat is there not too like about 30 td's and 11 intercepts ?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Denver on decline
San diego are bust
Kansas solid but this is their year of glory ( dont be suprised if they make a post season run)

Oakland at about 70% of potential :D

WHat is there not too like about 30 td's and 11 intercepts ?

I don't think he's the right fit for us - he has a cannon for an arm, but has little touch to his throws imo.

It also helps he's throwing to Crabtree and Cooper.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Exactly.

Suity

Agree with both of my esteemed forumites.

He knew what he was getting into and knew that it wouldn't be easy. I also don't think that he is the type to run home with his tail between his legs anytime soon.

Time to turn the porch light off.

bartman

Immortal
Time to turn the porch light off.
It was time to turn the prochlight off in November 2014, when Jarryd walked away from the final year of his Eels contract.

So many were fooled by the "eels for life" hype - but Jarryd's words were carefully chosen. He said he will play for Parra if he comes back to league.

Hayne's not coming back - he has subsequently said that he has achieved everything there is to achieve in league. If he calls time on his NFL dream after another season in practice squads, then Union will be the next thing on his list.

18to87

First Grade
Interesting that someone posted a picture of the University of Michigan up there. I wonder how he would have went there for two years, then having a crack at the NFL.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It was time to turn the prochlight off in November 2014, when Jarryd walked away from the final year of his Eels contract.

So many were fooled by the "eels for life" hype - but Jarryd's words were carefully chosen. He said he will play for Parra if he comes back to league.

Hayne's not coming back - he has subsequently said that he has achieved everything there is to achieve in league. If he calls time on his NFL dream after another season in practice squads, then Union will be the next thing on his list.

Why would you have a porch light on at all if you were convinced that he was leaving for good when he made the NFL announcement?

My comment was to those who are still hopeful (which I think are actually a minority). Most people knew he wasnt coming back. They just havent spent every waking moment since it happened shit bagging the bloke.

Suitman

Post Whore
Why would you have a porch light on at all if you were convinced that he was leaving for good when he made the NFL announcement?

My comment was to those who are still hopeful (which I think are actually a minority). Most people knew he wasnt coming back. They just havent spent every waking moment since it happened shit bagging the bloke.

I'm with you buddy.
The butt hurt is obvious from some.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

pretty much spot on.

Enjoy sucking on those lemons Barty for Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts