What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne - Make him an Eel for Life

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gilly's average was well over 50 up until his last few years, he never played for his average he threw his wicket away countless times for the good of the team. One of the first players picked in Australia's greatest ever side.

Just heard on FSN hayne will be rested for friday night, good move iMO if he was not 100%.

forward pass

Coach
Brad Arthur says on the website interview that Hayne never trains within 48 hours after a game. Can't see how he could play if that is the case.

lingard

Coach
Gilly's average was well over 50 up until his last few years, he never played for his average he threw his wicket away countless times for the good of the team. One of the first players picked in Australia's greatest ever side.

Just heard on FSN hayne will be rested for friday night, good move iMO if he was not 100%.

Well, we're coming fourth with a two point buffer (and for and against advantage) over The tigers and the Titans. Melbourne will be away to the Cowboys (without Cooper Cronk, so they could lose there.) If we lose to Penrith, it won't be a disaster. Probably an ideal time to rest Hayne. On the other hand, a win against Penrith would really entrench us in the top four. Can we beat them without Hayne?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well, we're coming fourth with a two point buffer (and for and against advantage) over The tigers and the Titans. Melbourne will be away to the Cowboys (without Cooper Cronk, so they could lose there.) If we lose to Penrith, it won't be a disaster. Probably an ideal time to rest Hayne. On the other hand, a win against Penrith would really entrench us in the top four. Can we beat them without Hayne?
If we can beat them without Hayne we are the real deal this season. It's long season i'd prefer to have him play the whole lot than risk him for one game. Lasts night games was absolutely brutal i doubt a lot of the players will back up.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I would be very concerned about this game even if Hayne did play. You could say that the chance of losing is so high that we might be better off 'tanking' and not risk injury to Hayne, than to play him and lose anyway. Plus with Hayne not there, Penrith might take us easy and our guys might fire up to prove a point.

I think we're more chance of beating the Cowboys next week.

Bigfella

Coach
Be very interesting to see how many teams use the tactics employed by Daley and the blues last night against thurston at club level.

Second man plays to Jarryd targeting thirston massively in attack. Not only was it successful as an attacking ploy, but it stunted jt's contribution massively so that it helped out defence as well.

Be very interesting to see how many teams use the tactics employed by Daley and the blues last night against thurston at club level.

Second man plays to Jarryd targeting thirston massively in attack. Not only was it successful as an attacking ploy, but it stunted jt's contribution massively so that it helped out defence as well.

I think Jarryd will be very tired at the end of each round if this happens.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Every team targets Thurston.

Bigfella

Coach
We certainly f**king didn't the other week.

Unless we had a strategy of wearing him down by excessive conversion attempts.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hayne is a massive loss, but we still have an in-form Sandow, Hopoate, Radradra, Sio and Tonga.

I think we can win.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Forgot about Tonga - my bad.

I rate Morgan, though, and I think that while the game will be tough, we can win.