What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne - Make him an Eel for Life

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If FB and the like is progress I’ll stay in the dark ages. I was looking at my wife’s Facebook some years ago and one of her friends posted she was in line at the checkout at Woolworths. Seriously? Go f**k yourself no one cares. I love technology but social media is just a platform for people to make out they live a great life they don’t, or live a shitty life to have people feel sorry for them, or be outraged about shit that has no effect on them
The platform is arguably progress, but at the end of the day people are still deadshits.

strider

Post Whore
Internet forums are social media too

Despite having a FB account i dont use it. Just not into it. ... each to their own

If FB and the like is progress I’ll stay in the dark ages. I was looking at my wife’s Facebook some years ago and one of her friends posted she was in line at the checkout at Woolworths. Seriously? Go f**k yourself no one cares. I love technology but social media is just a platform for people to make out they live a great life they don’t, or live a shitty life to have people feel sorry for them, or be outraged about shit that has no effect on them

Yep, I left FB when one of my friends posted the fact that he was on a bus.

Eelogical

Referee
Never signed up to Arsebook, Twatter or Instaspam. Shit, I don't even have a mobile phone! Mrs can deal with all that shit. I don't ever want to be found. She gets enough of those marketing calls to drive her more bananas than women are already. Only exception to the rule is Skype, which I use to catch up with one of our sons that still lives in Sydney.

hindy111

Post Whore

Everyone on facebook cares about things, they care about the homeless,unprivileged, sick etc.. They care about equality, aboriginals and the list goes on.
Problem is bar posting memes do f**k all about it.

Seriously who goes on holidays and posts daily how much fun there having? It cries for attention to me. Best part of a holiday is not having too socialize with everyone.

Dibs

Bench
Everyone on facebook cares about things, they care about the homeless,unprivileged, sick etc.. They care about equality, aboriginals and the list goes on.
Problem is bar posting memes do f**k all about it.

Seriously who goes on holidays and posts daily how much fun there having? It cries for attention to me. Best part of a holiday is not having too socialize with everyone.
I’d say some of them care the others just want people to think they care

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I find FB a brilliant tool to stay informed.

I am connected to every sports media outlet, sports club, musician, band, surfer and WSL contest and any other interest I have. I rarely post but I find it the best way to keep informed as you get to cherry pick who you want to be connected to.

eels_fan

First Grade
According to The Mole...

Dragons have an offer in place or will do soon for Hayne, and another club has also shown interest

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I would gladly take him.

Who knows what he is asking for, but elite player do not grow on trees.

Makes me sad, wtf goes on at Parra, can't sign your best player, got no ground for him to play at, can't get your great junior being great seniors.

That Shyte I want to see at Manly or the Broncos, not the Eels.

smh

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The Mole: Dragons consider making bid for out-of-contract star Jarryd Hayne
01:27
The Dragons are considering making a dramatic bid to sign Parramatta superstar Jarryd Hayne.

Hayne remains unsigned at the Eels with training for the new season just a couple of weeks away.

Wide World of Sports has heard that the Dragons are looking to sign Hayne and use him as a utility back at either fullback or centre in 2019.

The two-time Dally M Player of the Year’s price has gone down considerably in the wake of a modest season for the Eels and the fact the club is hesitating to re-sign him.

So the Dragons may make Hayne a modest offer to test the waters.

Only a week ago, Eels chief executive Bernie Gurr said the club was in no hurry to re-sign Hayne.

"Certain dominoes need to fall where they need to fall. We’re patient," Gurr told AAP.

A frustrated Hayne vented on Twitter in the wake of that comment, saying he was still waiting for an offer from the Eels.

It is believed one other club has also expressed interest in the former Kangaroo and State of Origin star.”

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-th...yd-hayne/efecc79d-1cfd-425f-b3fa-637f4b507f4f