What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne

Stagger eel

Staff member
he's starting to dance again, this is a really bad sign for opposition teams in the coming weeks.

ROGUE

Juniors
i think you'll find he does have carry overs, but from a parra perspective it's crucial he's named in the origin side on monday cos if he's picked he should only miss a week which would be origin 2

Angry_eel

First Grade
Im not sad if he misses origin though Im sure he will be. I think he really came out of his shell last night. He did something stupid but when you're passionate that happens, no biggie.

sarahk

Juniors
imagine the marketing campaign for state of origin 2 if both players get let off. It would become a media frenzy of HAYNE VS SLATER all over again but this time with the headbutting photos being plastered over every single newspaper.

Not that im complaining, it would be great to watch them two at it again :)

lewiscook

Juniors
It was the single best thing that HaHa has ever done in his career.

I want more.

BLoody oath! i love this passion he is showing i read a quote that Hayne said after the match and it was something like "its not about the two points its about beating the storm" i cant remember who said that he said it but gees its awesome.

Go HAYNESY!

parraeelz

Juniors
surely theyd be some way in which they can both get off...the NRL needs SOO to be competitive now more than ever and hayne v slater would be awesome for the 2nd game especially after last yrs series

bildo

Juniors
I recorded the match, and have checked out the headbutting incident. Hayne was all grinned up and in Slaters face until Slater grabbed him by the neck, which looks like why he tried to headbut him. Hmmmm....

neckMedium.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I wish he'd get the crap out of his game.

I don't.

You need players who make the opposition f**k up - this includes stirring them up to put them off their game.

When you force the opposition to make errors it leads to a snowball which includes bringing the crowd into the game. It looked pretty empty there last night but it sounded like there was fifteen thousand there.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Hayne will be gone. If it was any other player nobody would be questioning a suspension. You simply can't headbutt.

What I find stupid: How is a headbutt any worse than a punch?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hayne will be gone. If it was any other player nobody would be questioning a suspension. You simply can't headbutt.

Agreed.

Hayne should get a week or two, but I doubt if he will.

Slater, on the other hand, doesn't really deserve a suspension because his infractions were all just for being his usual grubby self. Hayne was genuinely violent and the NRL's not a fan of that sort of business.

If Hayne does cop a suspension it'll still be worth it. f**k Billy Slater.

What I find stupid: How is a headbutt any worse than a punch?

It's like the difference between shooting somebody and stabbing them. It's the psychology of the headbutt - you are attacking a person with your own head. It's far more intimate and therefore more humiliating.

Like why sexual assault is seen as worse than a common assault.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
i would much rather take a kiss on the forehead (he never intended to harm, it was to aggravate) face to face than have some bloke throw an intentional elbow at the back of my head, whilst trying to fight off 2 other defenders.

what slater did is the actions of a gutless coward

IFR33K

Coach
Going by the photo, Im sure Hayne will be claiming that Slater grabbed him by the neck, and just had a brain snap.

Will try and downgrade the charge, and Im sure a letter will be written by slater to say there wasn't anything in it, and that no damage was done, to try and get him off.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Going by the photo, Im sure Hayne will be claiming that Slater grabbed him by the neck, and just had a brain snap.

Will try and downgrade the charge, and Im sure a letter will be written by slater to say there wasn't anything in it, and that no damage was done, to try and get him off.

A downgrade wont do anything. He has carry over points and therefore any charge will see him miss the game. speaking of carry over points did the NRL end up introducing a rule where you work off your points over the course of a season?

lingard

Coach
It was the single best thing that HaHa has ever done in his career.

I want more.

Oh, come on little man. You can do better than that. We promise not to laugh if you swallow your pride and give Jarryd a proper compliment. :lol::lol::lol: Wanker.

Last edited:

Latest posts