What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Long ways to go. I hope he can crack the squad. It would be awesome to see him playing in the nfl.

First test will be the week of the preseason games. He should see some game time then.

zombie jesus

Staff member
As far as Aussies go the punter battle between Jordan Berry and Brad Wing at Latrobe is way more intriguing IMO.

legend

Coach
If he's getting first team reps, then that's a good sign. I personally think he will make the 53 man roster.

abpanther

Staff member
Well he's getting reps because Hyde was banged up and Bush is sitting out for the moment.

abpanther

Staff member
Gabbert later had a nice pass he zipped to Jarryd Hayne, who caught it in stride. That drew hoots and "Alright, Jarryd!" calls from the sideline. Hayne may not look natural as a running back at this point but his receiving skills have exceeded expectations.

kurt faulk

Coach

exceeded expectations? they do realise he played rugby league don't they? he's been catching footballs from every angle since he was a little kid.

abpanther

Staff member
What do you expect, they don't know much outside their borders!

Can't wait to see him in preseason action

nöyd

Staff member
heard plenty of comments about him hesitating before making contact with the blocking sled.

nick87

Coach
I guess the Niners and Hayne's camp know better than me, but i always felt he was better off trying to make it as a WR, rather than RB... at least then he doesnt have to worry about pass pro, protection calls etc and i think it suits his skills set better

Latest posts