What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne

Tom155

Coach
Do all of them come with the red zone and other programming? I generally watch any team play, it's been a bonus that I've been able to see quite a few packers games.
Yes it has red zone on game day + archive of past games and NFL network programming that you can watch any time

Plus a live 24 hour stream of the NFL network channel

T.S Quint

Coach
What's the go. Is the 49ers preseason game 1 being aired down here?

I was planning on getting the NFL pass this year. I know a few of you guys have it, how is it? Planning streaming to my TV. I already have foxtel but it is frustrating with how many games I can't watch

If you already get ESPN on Foxtel then it's a waste of money getting the full package.
Fox plays all of the Playoff games and the Super Bowl live so it's no use paying for them twice.

kurt faulk

Coach

49ers plan to give Jarryd Hayne a lot of work in preseason opener
August 12, 2015, 3:15 pm
Email

Rugby star Jarryd Hayne is vying for a spot on the 49ers' 53-man roster. (USATSI)

“
We’re definitely going to use him on all facets of the game: Running, catching, fielding on special teams.
”
— Geep Chryst
MORE ON HAYNE

SANTA CLARA -- Jarryd Hayne has watched NFL games on TV. But the former Australia rugby league star will not be a spectator on Saturday night.

The 49ers plan to use the first-year running back in just about every conceivable way as he makes a bid to turn his summer audition into a professional football career in the fall, winter and beyond. The 49ers open the exhibition season Saturday at the Houston Texans.

“We’re definitely going to use him on all facets of the game: Running, catching, fielding on special teams, whatever T-Mac (special teams coordinator Thomas McGaughey) wants to do," 49ers offensive coordinator Geep Chryst said on Wednesday.

“And at the end of the day, I think we’ll know more about Jarryd, but it’s exciting.”

Hayne has always demonstrated a natural ability to catch passes out of the backfield and field punts. On Sunday, he had a couple of memorable plays during a live goal-line period. Hayne made rookie linebacker Eli Harold miss in the backfield, but 295-pound defensive lineman Tank Carradine dropped him before he reached the end zone. A few players later, Hayne eluded six would-be tacklers to score on an impressive 1-yard touchdown run.

“There’s that learning curve and you can talk all you want about it or you can forecast all you want, I think it’ll be exciting for him in the locker room before the game because we all know, you go to practice, then you go to a padded practice and then you go to a preseason game and that’s how you ramp up,” Chryst said. “So I’m excited to see him.”

Chryst quipped about new lexicon with which Hayne has dealt since he made the transition to American football in the spring.

“There’s a language barrier even though he still speaks with that Australian accent, English,” Chyrst said. “What does live mean to him, you know? It means something different.

“So, all of these things, he’s done a great job with the learning curve, but it still comes down to how am I going to run and what I noticed was that he had a run yesterday where -- here’s another football phrase -- he put his foot in the ground and went north. I think he did that because he had confidence that it wasn’t just a fog of bodies and that there’s going to be some contact. But, he’s been running through contact pretty much his whole life, so I’m really excited to see him play in the Houston game as well.”

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49e...ot-work-preseason-opener?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

click the link to see the video. press conference with oc talking about hayne.

Sleep

Juniors
49ers are playing the Texans in the first game so Hayne will probably get a mention and some air time in the second episode of Hard Knocks given it's focusing on Houston.

God-King Dean

Immortal
It's exciting stuff. Now that he didn't go to Detroit, I hope he makes it. Just his being there has created interest in the sport. There will be a boom if he plays regular season.

Glen

Bench
That video of Jarryd's 50 yard run will get a shitload of mileage in Australia, hopefully the rest of his debut has been good or at least decent. Just look at it already on Facebook where the video has been posted - comments and likes raining in.

There has got to be a big opportunity for the NFL to grow in Australia if he can crack it for some legit game time in the top league. I wonder if that somehow sways the 49ers roster decision if he is close to making it. The NBA was recently trying to drum up some hype about its first ever Indian player (who apparently sucks) for marketing reasons. But maybe it's easier to carry a layer like that in the NBA when you have 82 games a year vs 16

nick87

Coach
It would be f**king MASSIVE for the game here if he makes it
Id love to see him do it so the next Hayne doesn't wait until he's 26-27 before making the leap
Would love to see the next Greg Inglis head over there at 19-20 and make a real go of it

Eelectrica

Referee
A couple of highlights from Jarryd Hayne from todays game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AW7vs88KIw

He has to be a chance with a couple of good runs like that. I know he wasn't facing the starting Houston Defence, but still. Although the special teams coaches probably wouldn't have liked him returning it from that deep in the endzone, but being pre-season, with limited chance to return the ball he probably thought why not.

God-King Dean

Immortal
That video of Jarryd's 50 yard run will get a shitload of mileage in Australia, hopefully the rest of his debut has been good or at least decent. Just look at it already on Facebook where the video has been posted - comments and likes raining in.

There has got to be a big opportunity for the NFL to grow in Australia if he can crack it for some legit game time in the top league. I wonder if that somehow sways the 49ers roster decision if he is close to making it. The NBA was recently trying to drum up some hype about its first ever Indian player (who apparently sucks) for marketing reasons. But maybe it's easier to carry a layer like that in the NBA when you have 82 games a year vs 16

It would be f**king MASSIVE for the game here if he makes it
Id love to see him do it so the next Hayne doesn't wait until he's 26-27 before making the leap
Would love to see the next Greg Inglis head over there at 19-20 and make a real go of it

I don't know if it's just in my head because I'm looking for it since having my own, but I'm sure I've seen more NFL jerseys than usual out in public. In the past few months I've seen a Pats, Ravens, Steelers, Dallas, Redskins, Bears, Packers, NO jersey.

And you can imagine my shock when I seen someone wearing a Barry Sanders jersey.

Paullyboy

Coach
I don't know if it's just in my head because I'm looking for it since having my own, but I'm sure I've seen more NFL jerseys than usual out in public. In the past few months I've seen a Pats, Ravens, Steelers, Dallas, Redskins, Bears, Packers, NO jersey.

And you can imagine my shock when I seen someone wearing a Barry Sanders jersey.

It's definitely grown in a big way in recent years, Hayne will multiply it dramatically.

He's definitely got a future as a returner - I fear his c**k up on the screen pass could make coaches quickly dismiss him as a back. He was so lucky that wasn't called a fumble and I bet the coaches spotted it too.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
If nothing else, it is an arrangement that could benefit both brands. Rugby League already as a niche audience in America which is waiting to be exploited while the NFL would definitely love some promotion in Australia. if Hayne is a success, the NRL and the NFL need to get their heads together pronto to sign some sort of cross promotion deal.

Parra

Referee
It was a hospital pass and the only blot on Hayne's debut.

Running,catching,returning,blocking - what is not to like?

Most yards gained for the game.
Longest punt return for 49ers
Longest kick off return for 49ers
Longest run of the game.

Front page story on nfl.com

Awesome, awesome stuff.

Latest posts