What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne

Parra

Referee
Basically, need more ammo. Even if it is those two.

But this is reality, not fantasy footy. Maybe they will sign those blokes, they aren't there now, so the options are very limited.

18to87

Coach
Adam Levitan @adamlevitan
Potential 49ers skill position starters vs. ATL: QB Gabbert, RB Kendall Gaskins, WR Torrey Smith, WR Quinton Patton, TE Vance McDonald.

shiznit

Coach
RB Pierre Thomas has been signed by the 49ers...

Kinda shows you where they see Hayne....

nick87

Coach
Positive yards for the 49ers even.

Did you miss that?

Put things in context. What would you do given the players available at the 49ers?

Easy to say now, but there is a lot of decent vet options at RB. They've signed one in Pierre Thomas. That's a good move.
At QB, i dont think it really matters, but if i were the coach, id keep Kaepernick and go FULL speed with a zone read offense.

The answer is NOT more Blaine Gabbert and Jarryd Hayne

18to87

Coach
Unless I am mistaken, I just read a post that thinks the 49ers are keeping Hayne off the active roster because they don't want to risk their tanking for high draft pick strategy. #smh

Collateral

Coach
Reggie Bush is 30 years old, has been in the league contributing to teams for nearly a decade now, and when he was healthy and and in his prime, he was an impact play maker for his teams. To call him a bust, and put him on the same level as Russell and Leaf is utterly ridiculous.

NFL
Sporting News All-Pro (2008)
Super Bowl champion (XLIV)
NFC Champion (2009)
NFC Offensive Player of the Week (2006)
2× AFC Offensive Player of the Week (2011, 2012)
Ranked #85 in the Top 100 Players of 2014

College
USA Today All-Joe Team (2011)
AP National Championship (2003, 2004)
BCS National Championship (2004)
AP College Football Player of the Year (2005)
SN College Football Player of the Year (2005)
Doak Walker Award (2005)
Walter Camp Award (2005)
2× Consensus All-American (2004, 2005)
All-Pac-10 Newcomer of the Year (2003)

Career NFL statistics as of 2015
Rushing Yards: 5,493
Average: 4.3
Rushing Touchdowns: 35
Receptions: 470
Receiving Yards: 3,508
Receiving Touchdowns: 18

Like I said, my earlier Bust post was a bit of a stretch, but yours is a stretch in the opposite direction.

His best days were in college and he never lived up to the hype that followed him into the NFL.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
link

I have to see this lol

I said it in Jubilee Ave GKD ;-)

Has little to do with Haynes actual ability, more that he is an unknown so they're unlikely to test it.

They've bench Kaep and made moves to open huge amounts of cap space, they've conceded the season is done. Traffic is heavy at the bottom of the ladder for the draft. Haynes 27, he's shown he will take too long to develop, I can't see him ever making their roster again, he's a just in case option for next year

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I remember when he was drafted. The hype was crazy. He was spoken about being the best rb and all that jazz.

I do not think he is a ryan leaf bust but definitely not a star or anything close. He now just occupies a roster spot. He can contribute but in fairness you could get the same outcome from a number of backs.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I'm getting fed up with our media. Constantly referring to the 49ers as Jarryds team and the constant articles about Hayne...generally not doing anything. Talk about placing massive expectations on him. They need to back off and allow him to learn without constantly questioning every aspect of his development.

Parra

Referee
Easy to say now, but there is a lot of decent vet options at RB. They've signed one in Pierre Thomas. That's a good move.
At QB, i dont think it really matters, but if i were the coach, id keep Kaepernick and go FULL speed with a zone read offense.

The answer is NOT more Blaine Gabbert and Jarryd Hayne

Makes sense as the 49ers have abandoned both the passing game and the running game in favour of the punting game.

Looks like they've worn out Pinion though.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Makes sense as the 49ers have abandoned both the passing game and the running game in favour of the punting game.

Looks like they've worn out Pinion though.

Hahaha.

Good call, my keyboard is worse off thanks to you. Coke out the nose from laughter.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Getting used as an RB so far. Only saw one run that didn't go anywhere but has been on the field near the end zone every play.