What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I would be very surprised if he clears waivers.

Not too many people get signed over the weekend though. The timing is very deliberate by the 49ers.

At best he'd have 2-3 teams interested, whether they can cut a guy from their roster and do game day prep in that time is highly questionable. It'll be an interesting weekend.

Not really a surprise that they cut him though, they obviously viewed him as an exclusive PR project that wasn't paying off.

Dogs Of War

Coach
A team wouldnt need to activate him for there gameday roster though. Not that it matters much. He is essentially a free agent by being on the practice squad. Any team can pick him up if they so desire for there team as long as he is in the 53.

Eelectrica

Referee
I'd be surprised if another team picks him up. I see him on the 49ers practice squad for the remainder of this season, spend on more off season in the NFL, and if nothing comes of it, back to the NRL to finish out his playing career.
Whatever happens, best of luck to Hayne though.

Hopefully 7 do likewise and drop the 49ers from the schedule. They're probably locked into this one, but after that...

Collateral

Coach
If he gets picked up by another team will channel 7 then drop the 49ets for the new team? If so I hope he goes to a contender.

I would like him to be picked up by a team that actually knows how to develop and manage its talent.

Would love to see him goto Seattle (who are rumoured to be very interested), the Broncos or Packers (Both of whom are down the bottom of the league when it comes to punt returns).

DC_fan

Coach
The problem for Hayne is that the 49er's just didn't see any potential in him as a runningback. Right now with the injury to Hyde they need someone who can play that position. They had to find a roster position for Kendall Gaskins who they brought up off the practise squad and that meant someone had to be cut and that was Hayne.

Jarryd shouldn't give up on his dream. The NFL is a professional sport and every week their are players who are cut from a team. While on occasions it is sad it is a fact of life in that game. He will go through the waivers process and could possibly be picked up by another team. If not then he can be picked up again by the 49er's and placed on their practise squad.

shiznit

Coach
Massive movement amongst Raiders fans to sign him...

We need a PR/KR and depth at RB badly... We are only 20 on the waiver list though....

Seahawks might get him...

18to87

Coach
I'm sure they were wearing an Ed Hardy or V8 t-shirt underneath....

CSICJJbVAAA_rtI.jpg

God-King Dean

Immortal
Wtfaaaark lol

With Bush injured again, I'm starting think God really is looking out for him - he's been the luckiest prick ever, in regards to injuries in his position

skeepe

Immortal
Bush has a torn ACL, and Mike Davis is injured. With Hyde still out, they sure picked a great time to waive Hayne.

Cletus

First Grade
If the 49ers have any sense they'll resign hayne. I think their rbs averaged about .4 ypc today and Davis is injured. They just don't have any options.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
But will they sign only to do nothing again? They could go out and get a RB from just about anywhere that would have more knowledge of the game and positioning.

They never trusted Hayne, doubt they would trust him when they do not have any options.