What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Demetriou

matPORTS

Juniors
Fair assumption although the Roosters being premiers in a lot of the media's eyes also has me baffled.
I will likely be wrong as Robbo is a good coach and they still have Teddy / Keary but i see them weaker than last year as lost too much experience.

Agree….though Parra for me Matports; too one dimensional in attack! Thought teams worked them out last year.

Agree on these points as well. Old cliche of a week is a long time in Rugby League (with the 30 weeks of a season being an eternity) rings true.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think he''ll be ok. I'd rather be in his shoes than Barrett with Gould looking over his shoulder.
The pressure will be well and truly on Barrett. When Hook and Gus were together at Penrith, things weren't too bad in that Hook had the team in the semis I think but lo and behold, because there was the big possibility that Nathan Cleary would leave and go to the Tigers and be coached by his Dad, well we know the story from then on. So, I think that if Barrett has not got his team really firing by the end of the first half of this season and as this is Barrett's last year, Gus could give him the bullet as he did to Hook and get Cameron Ciraldo to be the head coach at the Bulldogs.

giboz71

First Grade
I've been waiting a long time to see if JD is actually a FG calibre coach. Mainly because of the butt-hurt from fans when he left the Dragons, as if he was the next coaching messiah. Not sure how anyone could come up with that assumption when he hadn't coached 1 minute of FG?

Bennett tried to get him the Broncos gig but I'm guessing the Broncos remember the last time Bennett tried to pull that (Steve Price anyone?). But hey he finally has his shot.

Its only Round 1 I agree, but I will be watching with great interest how the Bunnies go this year with JD running things, and no Bennett and no Reynolds.

Last edited:

dannyt

Coach
I've been waiting a long time to see if JD is actually a FG calibre coach. Mainly because of the butt-hurt from fans when he left the Dragons, as if he was the next coaching messiah. Not sure how anyone could come up with that assumption when he hadn't coached 1 minute of FG?

Bennett tried to get him the Broncos gig but I'm guessing the Broncos remember the last time Bennett tried to pull that (Steve Price anyone?). But hey he finally has his shot.

Its only Round 1 I agree, but I will be watching with great interest how the Bunnies go this year with JD running things, and no Bennett and no Reynolds.
I think the fan "butt-hurt" was more to do with us being stuck with the same coach, when a young coach with potential, who had some success, was shown the door specifically to keep said coach.

Personally, I now hope Demetriou fails spectacularly.

mickeylane

Bench
He’s managed to make south’s a less potent attacking team in just 2 games.. they should be floundering around the bottom half of the top 8 or just outside by the end of round 25

Puff

First Grade

The over inflated expectations, followed by butt hurt, followed by the realisation that infact those expectations were over inflated, along with the outpouring that infact the person in question was infact shit. Can be used to describe 90 percent of all dragon player/coach summarises on here.

It makes great reading

dannyt

Coach
Jason Demetriou would have been fantastic for the Dragons. If only management had the foresight to give him the top job after his miracle turnaround with the Cutters. He has a knack of getting average /good players to peak at the right time.
Ah, the attacking coach from North Queensland.

Thrown under the bus by McGregor to eliminate any competition.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Really!! They are going a lot better than us. They also seem to mentoring, bringing in their juniors than we are.
“Going better than us” doesn’t say much, most teams are going better than us.

The comp is Penrith’s to lose & we are at least 20-30 points a game away from Penrith.

I can only hope that the brains trust at the Club can see how far we are off the pace we are & make a coaching change tHis year, otherwise it’ll be another 11th place finish next year.