What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

hineyrulz

Post Whore
lol Griffen, he’s a bigger fraud than Bea Arthur.

some of us wanted Flanagan but he was too toxic apparently. Look at the job he did with a very crap Saints squad??

I was keen on Bennett but the more I think about it I don’t think we have the squad to challenge atm and we all know his record once he leaves. We have given Ryles a 4 year deal plenty of time to turn this ship around and be challenging for a title.

T.S Quint

Coach
One thing that doesn’t sit well is that our two most consistent players over the last few years - Gutho and RCG are either gone or likely to be gone. I get the need to rebuild but question whether it is a smart move not to have them both part of a transition over the next couple of years.

I don't think Gutho is going anywhere. At least for next season.

Gronk

Staff member
I think Holbrook can coach but he’s probably a bit gunshy taking a new head job so quickly.
He was coming and then he apparently he heard about you.

giphy.gif

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
A 30% Trent Barrett made us look like the Harlem Globetrotters in attack without a genuine 7.

No team scored more points in a game this year against Penrith then what we did at Commbank.

The way we played without Moses since origin has me more confident next year that we will surprise a few. We looked sharper with the ball then what we have looked for a long time.

We were severely undercoached and too comfortable in whatever roles the players had with the previous regime.
We scored more tries last year as well since Barrett came in. This is why clubs have assistant coaches, because the head coach can’t focus on everything.

Unfortunately the extra tries were scored from taking more risk with the ball, which proved to be our undoing. With less possession our defence suffered.

hindy111

Post Whore
40 years of history. Can’t see a rookie coach being able to successfully navigate all the bullshit that comes with the role.

I think he enters a good time.
Storm still.have a maybe a few powerfull years but Munster and Hughes are getting old.
Penrith are on the down.

Who else is there that worries you? Ryles also gets his halves in peak years.

Latest posts