What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Marata Niukore, Reed Mahoney, Jaemon Salmon, Oregon Kaufusi, Maika Sivo, Ray Stone, Stefano Utoikamanu, Sean Russell, Brendan Hands, Luca Moretti, Blaize Talagi, Ethan Sanders all had their NRL debuts and all have T30 deals for next year.

That's all from 2018 onwards, there were others pre-2018 that debuted and have had NRL careers. If we have another repeat of 2007-2013 we will once again see a drought of juniors coming into and staying in first grade.
Drown, guymer, Matt Arthur, Jake Arthur, Dunster, Greig, Miller-Stephens??

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Big moments like in Origin?

He is an awful game manager because it’s not his strength, like Dylan Brown, Jack Wighton and Cameron Munster.
He's on 1.2m and a 7 ffs!! It should be his strength. All those blokes you mention are runnings 6's. Hunts best position is dummy half.

lucablight

First Grade
I’ve already said I’m excited about Ryles coming to the club, but I would’ve been excited about next year if we’d kept Arthur’s as well. Very excited.

I would’ve been more excited if we’d gotten Wayne Bennett, mostly because it would mean he no longer considered our club a shit fight.
I bet we do better than the Rabbits next season. I’d much rather have our roster than theirs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's on 1.2m and a 7 ffs!! It should be his strength. All those blokes you mention are runnings 6's. Hunts best position is dummy half.
Or running 6. The point is he is at a club where there’s nobody to do the game management so he takes some responsibility as the senior player. Flanagan compensates by keeping the game plan simple, like Bennett when his halves were Hunt and Milford. There’s more than one way to skin a cat and a great game manager is a luxury, not a requirement. Moses isn’t great at it either. He is more of a ‘five-eighth’ but has the best long kicking game in the NRL. The solution is to not overcomplicate things, which Arthur absolutely didn’t do. It’s also how halfbacks are used in rep teams. Keep it simple, stupid.

King-Gutho94

Coach
If your not on the Ryles train by round 1 next year.

I don't reckon your allowed on at all.

I suspect it will be standing room only for a long time.

A nice change to the BA express that was stuck at Rouse Hill and was as empty as a Roosters home game for the the past 5 years.

Gronk

Staff member
Why did Nathan Brown have to do a review if things were so rosy???

And why did he have to leave for family reasons but is back barely 12 months later??

We all know the answer bar a few of the Huggers who won’t let go. Literally.
Well journos have said on pods that his family wanted to go to QLD and now they want come back to NSW and we were just lucky and the planets aligned.

Then there are some people who are using this as a conspiracy theory that he left because reasons and now those reasons are gone, he’s coming back.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well journos have said on pods that his family wanted to go to QLD and now they want come back to NSW and we were just lucky and the planets aligned.

Then there are some people who are using this as a conspiracy theory that he left because reasons and now those reasons are gone, he’s coming back.
So we are listening to journo's again now are we?? It's funny when it suits your narrative huh buddy???

2 + 2 does normally mean 4 Gronkles.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Funny when Journos all of sudden suit your agenda they can be verified.

Like Matty Johns said something last week that rang true with what was said on the forum for ages and you replied why give that peanut any air time.

Gronk

Staff member
So we are listening to journo's again now are we?? It's funny when it suits your narrative huh buddy???

2 + 2 does normally mean 4 Gronkles.
That was just gibberish. Are you saying his family is not moving back to NSW ?

I think you need to follow the timeline; he bumped the Warriors and declared that his NRL career was over, in so far as it would not be inconveniencing his “girls” anymore.

He took a shit job with us whilst he lived in Carringbah. Yes, for a man of his calibre, it was literally a part time job. He declared that the fam wanted to go to the Gold Coast, so he sold up and shifted like a good Dad.

Timeline ? He sold in May 2023 and he departed the Eels in Nov 2023.

Now apparently they want to come back to Sydney. So they are packing up again.