What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

Stevie

Bench
Interesting to hear Gutho get quoted today saying players will get tapped on the shoulder but that’s part of footy.
He said his whole career he’s stated he doesn’t care where he plays, if it’s centre or off the bench he just loves football.
Id love Blaize and Lomax as our starting wingers but who knows, maybe they’ll go all in on Blaize at 1?

T-Boon

Coach
I am definitely feeling more positive about this hire than I would have felt about a known average / dud hire - like Madge would have been.
He could be the next Bellamy or the next Langmack.

T-Boon

Coach
Did I read that Ryles only job as an actual head coach was with same team called the Western Red Dogs or some such?
That’s not a lot to go off.

JokerEel

Coach
Have to feel for Simmonson turned down his option gets injured and now a new coach has come on board..

He probably wont be kept unless its on less now as the club will try to manage the cap batter during this transition.

jason taylor

Bench
Going to put it out there just so I can quote it if it ever happens...

What's the chances Ryles hangs out for a season or 2 gets wind Bellamy is finally is going to call it a day and gets out and goes coaches the Storm in 26-27...

Ricky did it ffs
A lot less likely than Ricky. I think the 'prodigal son returning' narrative was always going to be irresistible for Ricky.
Whereas Ryles's family is established in Sydney. I think he was always going to gravitate to any Sydney-based head coaching roles.

Chipmunk

Coach

What's the chances Ryles hangs out for a season or 2 gets wind Bellamy is finally is going to call it a day and gets out and goes coaches the Storm in 26-27...

Ricky did it ffs
A lot would depend how we're going. Ricky did us a favour and he was always keen to get back there. The equivalent club for Ryles is the Dragons...he's already told them no.

MKCS

Juniors
Did I read that Ryles only job as an actual head coach was with same team called the Western Red Dogs or some such?
That’s not a lot to go off.

West Suburbs Red Devils, one of the more wealthier teams in the local Illawarra First Grade league. Obviously nowhere near NRL or even NSW Cup/QLD Cup standard but plenty of ex NRL players line up in that league.

Mary McGregor was a coach at the West Suburbs team before heading to the Dragons.

Gronk

Staff member

Ricky did it ffs
Ricky only walked out on us because his daughter has special needs, remember?

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

King-Gutho94

Coach

Ricky did it ffs
You can't rule anything out in this game.

But for that to happen it might mean we are doing well.

I doubt if we are 4 wins from 17 this time next year - Ryles stocks are going to be high that Storm want to chase back.

Following Bellamy anyway is going to be like following Bennett at Brisbane 1.0 and Sir Alex Ferguson at Man U impossible to repeat the success they had.

I reckon it would be a poisoned chalice once Bellamy retires.

What makes Bellamy & Storm so great is Bellamy - Players come and go but he has always been the one constant this whole time. You only have to look at coaches & players who leave the storm system and all of sudden look average.

BA has the best win% from all the coaches who studied under Bellamy in the past 22 years.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You can't rule anything out in this game.

But for that to happen it might mean we are doing well.

I doubt if we are 4 wins from 17 this time next year - Ryles stocks are going to be high that Storm want to chase back.

Following Bellamy anyway is going to be like following Bennett at Brisbane 1.0 and Sir Alex Ferguson at Man U impossible to repeat the success they had.

I reckon it would be a poisoned chalice once Bellamy retires.

What makes Bellamy & Storm so great is Bellamy - Players come and go but he has always been the one constant this whole time. You only have to look at coaches & players who leave the storm system and all of sudden look average.

BA has the best win% from all the coaches who studied under Bellamy in the past 22 years.
The Storm won a premiership before Bellamy got there. They also already had Smith, Cronk and Slater in their system.