What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jdb case

Status
Not open for further replies.

jak

Bench
no DRAG im still over here no cricket yet il be in sydney march ,i might head up your way drag i lived in gorokan for many years saw plenty of dragon victorys at our home away from home in broadmeadow we still have a great record up there enjoy the cricket.you never did tell me what part of N Z your from i worked over there in auckland for 5 years long time ago ........
Gorokan 5 min down the road from me, charmhaven worlds getting smaller

Fat Tony Kandos

Juniors
Sorry Sir but you're a bit of a dickhead. Ho Hum. I hope you're enjoying the ice mate. I hate that shit, makes you nonsensical. Pity the ED who you arrive at next. Vito that because you may have a mental illness. Get treatment !
Nothing in your post refutes my position that Falzon-Warner is in no way, shape, or form a victim whatsoever after her 2007 incident.

Thank you for agreeing with me, and, coming to the correct conclusion.

However, in the future, please do try to refrain from suggesting that Falzon-Warner is some form of 'victim'. It is incredibly insensitive to actual victims of sexual offences and only makes you look dumb (or dumber than you already are - I take it you are from the Illawarra Steelers side of the joint venture?).

Nonetheless, enjoy your new year celebrations, be safe, and enjoy watching St. George destroy the opposition in the 2019 NRL season.

Gardenia

Juniors
Agree
Internet judges here need to be closed down....
I do agree BUT I feel we have a right to discuss the position he plays and who will fill it if not him . Just not the alleged incident or court case . But how the heck can we be expected not to wonder if he will play and if not then who. As it affects the team and fans who are innocent,

Gardenia

Juniors
McGregor said the whole squad, except James Graham, is back training .

So I’m thinking yes.
Interesting. I thought since Brad Fittler "excused" him from the blues training squad, that was the Status Quo from the NRL.I hope the media leave the team alone but I doubt that will be the case.

Gardenia

Juniors
I also hope he is innocent for many reasons. If found guilty I will join many i'm sure in being utterly heart broken. I was always so proud that the Dragons ( in my memories) seemed to have a clean image. This has shattered me to the core . What do we tell our son who is 6 and idolizes him along with a few others . We have made sure he hasn't found out but at games what will be yelled out and what will he hear?

randomdragon

Juniors
Everyone speculated wether JDB is training with the squad, well since dragonssamy things he knows everything he should be easily able to tell everyone what is going on

ouryears

Bench
I do agree BUT I feel we have a right to discuss the position he plays and who will fill it if not him . Just not the alleged incident or court case . But how the heck can we be expected not to wonder if he will play and if not then who. As it affects the team and fans who are innocent,
For sure we can discuss his position and who plays if not him, I was just referring to those who have decided JDB is guilty and want him lynched today.

Gm5

Juniors
Huge nasty trial, ends up getting found not guilty then gets the fairytale premiership. One can only dream, of the ending at least

BLM01

First Grade
I also hope he is innocent for many reasons. If found guilty I will join many i'm sure in being utterly heart broken. I was always so proud that the Dragons ( in my memories) seemed to have a clean image. This has shattered me to the core . What do we tell our son who is 6 and idolizes him along with a few others . We have made sure he hasn't found out but at games what will be yelled out and what will he hear?
If he is guilty..nothing will be yelled out as he wont be playing.
Dont overthink it you have nothing to worry about. Tell your son he broke the law and is not allowed to play. Make something up to distort the truth a bit if he would not understand..he will learn soon enough through others what it was for when he is old enough to understand. Your son will get a new hero soon enough as kids are more resilient than we are at times. By the time the season kicks off everyone and the media will be over it and moved on without him if he is found guilty on 12 Feb. JDB will not be around to cop flack.
If he is innocent or case still going and playing..those big mouths...just teach your son what a heckler and coward is and about the big mouths. Nothing has changed since I was going to the footy in the 70's. Big mouths and smart arses or cowards will always be present. We cant sanitise and protect our kids from everything outside of our control. If none of all that pans out above.... just knock a few big mouths out. That will shut em up.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
For sure we can discuss his position and who plays if not him, I was just referring to those who have decided JDB is guilty and want him lynched today.

I'm sure no one on here knows all the facts however, right now JDB must be presumed innocent until proven/found guilty. In my opinion his layers will be working hard to get the charge withdrawn prior to trial to minimise the damage to JDB and the Club.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
*Post deleted*

Even so, the Police prosecuter may or may not drop the charges given the seriousness of the allegation and already gathered evidence. Like the Walker case at present.
I'd love no more than for Jack to run out wirh the team in rd1, but we also have to resign ourselves to rhe very possible scenario that we wont, and possibly not at all for 2019.

Last edited by a moderator:

TruSaint

Referee
I'm sure no one on here knows all the facts however, right now JDB must be presumed innocent until proven/found guilty. In my opinion his layers will be working hard to get the charge withdrawn prior to trial to minimise the damage to JDB and the Club.

You are correct that probably, no one here knows the all of the facts.
We only know what has been reported and the charge is a serious one.

I would be very surprised if JDB trains (fully ), or plays whilst this plays out in court.

By stepping the lad down from his duties, he will be taken out of the limelight and give him and his family time to focus on their defence.

Im sure we have legal minds in this vast forum whom could confirm that if in fact the charges are withdrawn / dismissed, then JDB would have a very strong case for wrongful prosecution etc, or some financial remedy from the plaintiff for reputation damage, losses, etc.

As long as justice is served, either way, that should be the objective. JDB has the presumption of innocence, as does the lady have the right to be heard...

Bench
There will be a media frenzy and an uproar if he is. I’m thinking no.
I am sure the press would be all over our training session. If he was that would be front page on some of the newspapers.
I agree with you that has not been to training

possm

Coach
*post deleted*

The strength of the claims and the stress of going through such a trial are also of consideration. Layers from each side witll have the discussion and consult with their client. If a deal can be done, it will be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

TruSaint

Referee
The strength of the claims and the stress of going through such a trial are also of consideration. Layers from each side witll have the discussion and consult with their client. If a deal can be done, it will be done.

If he is innocent, then why pay this to go away ?

The money he would dish out to entice the plaintiff to "let it go ", could well be spent on clearing his name. Im sure with his income he has good counsel, and if he has pled not guilty then let the courts determine the result.

We will know in due course either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts