What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jdb case

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Drag Queen

Bench
Does anyone know whose apartment the alleged incident took place?

Was it Callan Sinclair’s or the young Lady’s?
The girl said she went to an apartment so the guys could change their clothes. Draw from that what you will mate. Time to leave it to the legal system. I'm out on this one.

lynx000

Juniors
I’m referring to making the decision do I know enough about these guys to go off with them?
I’m talking about I know (if she did) this guy is in a relationship with a pregnant women so why does he want me to with him now especially with some other guy who I know nothing about?
If she considered both and still came up with a “I’m ok to do this” of course she was entitled to think that way but it’s an old saying but a good one “let common sense prevail” or “far better to be safe than sorry”
They didn’t come up with these sayings for no good reason.
If people think you can abandon those sayings or thoughts in favour of “it’s 2018 not 1940 and these things shouldn’t happen” then an aweful lor of people are going to get seriously hurt.
Punishing the crime is no compensation for the disaster that befalls victims
Re procedural fairness all parties are deserving of it and I sincerely hope that occurs.

The problem with your post like quite a few in here, is that it is premised upon a lot of assumptions that in all likelihood are not correct. Firstly, the girl was 19, who may or may not be a worldly and mature 19, her decision making must be considered through that prism. Secondly, she may or may not have been under the influence of alcohol or something else which may have adversely impacted upon her decision making.
Thirdly, she may have had no idea in the world who JDB was. Fourthly, who is to say that even if she did know who JDB was, that her interest was in fact in the other male and not JDB, and by agreeing to go with them to another night club she was hopeful of getting to know the other male better.

There have also been some misapprehensions of the reported facts (note reported) that distort what has been reported as occurring. She believed that they were going to another night club. Instead she was taken to an apartment (who that is owned by we do not know) ostensibly for the purpose of JDB and the other male getting changed. She went to use the bathroom, came back to two naked males and was sexually assaulted. That is her narrative, if that narrative is accepted she absolutely has done nothing wrong and the two accused face significant issues.

lynx000

Juniors
"When the situation is reversed, blokes are copping high 5's from all their mates, not having to answer whether they exercised good common sense."

I don't think that this is true at all. Both men and women have to equally show caution when bringing strangers of the opposite sex into their private spaces.

Assuming the truth of what we know of the accusations, the young lady was foolish in the extreme to bring two young men (basically strangers) home from a night out on the drink.

By the same token, the two young men were leaving themselves wide open to accusations that it are very difficult to defend. So they also were very unwise.

It is no use to say "women or men *ought* to be able to do such and such" because the reality of the world is they can't do just whatever they want.

Perhaps I *ought* to be able to speak to a young female in my office with the door closed, but I can tell you that is damn well not going to happen.

Common sense. A little bit can go a long way.

This is the problem, this assumption is completely incorrect, she did not do this.

Old Timer

Coach
The problem with your post like quite a few in here, is that it is premised upon a lot of assumptions that in all likelihood are not correct. Firstly, the girl was 19, who may or may not be a worldly and mature 19, her decision making must be considered through that prism. Secondly, she may or may not have been under the influence of alcohol or something else which may have adversely impacted upon her decision making.
Thirdly, she may have had no idea in the world who JDB was. Fourthly, who is to say that even if she did know who JDB was, that her interest was in fact in the other male and not JDB, and by agreeing to go with them to another night club she was hopeful of getting to know the other male better.

There have also been some misapprehensions of the reported facts (note reported) that distort what has been reported as occurring. She believed that they were going to another night club. Instead she was taken to an apartment (who that is owned by we do not know) ostensibly for the purpose of JDB and the other male getting changed. She went to use the bathroom, came back to two naked males and was sexually assaulted. That is her narrative, if that narrative is accepted she absolutely has done nothing wrong and the two accused face significant issues.
Take a comprehension course as you have not understood very much of what was posted.

TruSaint

Referee
Take a comprehension course as you have not understood very much of what was posted.

@Old Timer ,

Mate, this paragraph as highlighted above is just incorrect based on what we know.

" Assuming the truth of what we know of the accusations, the young lady was foolish in the extreme to bring two young men (basically strangers) home from a night out on the drink. "

Again, based only on what has been reported, she did not " bring home 2 young men ". That's not the case.

There may well be other facts to surface but at this stage on the minimal info we have, it wasn't her home, and not where she was expecting to go.

Lets see when all the facts come out. He does, as has been said at infinitum, have the presumption of innocence, but at least Splinters needs to be corrected here.

Old Timer

Coach
@Old Timer ,

Mate, this paragraph as highlighted above is just incorrect based on what we know.

" Assuming the truth of what we know of the accusations, the young lady was foolish in the extreme to bring two young men (basically strangers) home from a night out on the drink. "

Again, based only on what has been reported, she did not " bring home 2 young men ". That's not the case.

There may well be other facts to surface but at this stage on the minimal info we have, it wasn't her home, and not where she was expecting to go.

Lets see when all the facts come out. He does, as has been said at infinitum, have the presumption of innocence, but at least Splinters needs to be corrected here.
Hi Tru
My response was his response to my post and I agree re Splinters.

Datramp

Juniors
I mean come on. If the narrative is as stated I can totally imagine how the first part happens and it seems totally reasonable and without the girl wanting sex, taking strange men back etc.

2 guys and girl get in taxi to go to next club but guys want to change. Taxi pulls up so guys can get changed, girl told to wait in taxi. Girl 'But I really need to pee'. So girl goes up to use the bathroom.

red rocket

Juniors
I mean come on. If the narrative is as stated I can totally imagine how the first part happens and it seems totally reasonable and without the girl wanting sex, taking strange men back etc.

2 guys and girl get in taxi to go to next club but guys want to change. Taxi pulls up so guys can get changed, girl told to wait in taxi. Girl 'But I really need to pee'. So girl goes up to use the bathroom.
Stop panicking everyone have it on good authority that job will be our lock this year not much in this

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Stop panicking everyone have it on good authority that job will be our lock this year not much in this
Don't want to rain on your parade Rocket but if JDB is innocent you'd have to wonder why his heavily pregnant girl has moved out of their home and deleted her social media accounts....not to mention that Jack has gone back to Coota with his family. No winners in this sorry tale.

Datramp

Juniors

Notice I am not commenting on after she went to the bathroom. Just pointing out posts like 'She shouldnt have taken strange guys back to her house' and such are ridiculous and that the starting narrative is completely believable

As for innocence and guilt, we will see the extent in the next few months, but it doesn't look good at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.