What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings to the Roosters?

franklin2323

Immortal
Really? When was the last time we lost 3 SOO or senior rep players in a season - assuming Jennings goes. Under Elliott I think we lost 2 - and that is precisely the point, it was Elliott.

Or when was the last time a star player was shopped around for 18 months with continued uncertainty weeks away from the start of a season? When did we last lose a home bred captain of the club, who was one of our best performers and who wanted desparately to stay but couldn't because he wasn't wanted but who had to suffer the turmoil of not even being told the truth of that and having to decipher for himself the meaning of the silent treatment and the unreasnable attitudes he was experiencing.

There is always change and often turmoil it is the nature of the game but when was the last time the main communications device of the club (read Panthers Den today) faced turmoil and hard times with information about having home-made pizza for dinner, photos of his boat on yowie bay, observations on the cricket or tennis, news about foxtel not working - you tell me in all this turmoil just wtf is the leader of the organisation doing???

I was saying Big Mick's thoughts are understandable. I have no idea the thoughts of the club

franklin2323

Immortal
I guess I'm just willing to see how this all plays out and then pass judgement.

Right now noone knows what is going on and that is probably how they want it.

That's just why I'm having that attitude right now.

I hope I am wrong. I just fear another Gower departure. We should of used that money on a half but no. Paid overs for Woolnough, Tighe and got a prop.

As for the shop, Blackhole etc. It seems like they are doing it becuase the old management set it up. very strange

darkbloom

Juniors
Oh! Sorry I thought you were saying that as a club we are always having to go through the sort of stuff we are now going through.

penrithmob 65

Juniors
The big problem are the mixed messages was told he was not going.But it just will not go away. A press conference with Gould and jeniings is needed As the closer it gets to the start of the comp it will hurt both the roosters and penrith in there pre season planning

rem286

Juniors
I dont think there is anyone out there does not agree that he is currently being well overpaid, but lets have a look at what we would be kicking out the door:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEaZWob7lOo

Granted it has not been a consistent display, but he is one of the best backs in the NRL.

Either way I just hope they sort this mess out quickly.

Fibroman

First Grade
Should never have been paid that much money in the first place. $600k for a centre that is hot and cold = ridiculous. He should have been on no more than $350-400k. He'd still be with us if that was the case, as expectations wouldn't have been as high with the lower price tag attached.

franklin2323

Immortal
Oh! Sorry I thought you were saying that as a club we are always having to go through the sort of stuff we are now going through.

F**k no! I have no time for Gus.

How can someone with no management experience have total control over everything to do with the club??

We go through this sh!t because we have a jobs for the boys policy. Thid will end with an actual administrator as head of the club. Not a coach/commentator.

Latest posts