What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings

Big Mick

Referee
Maybe play him in his best position in the back row

LOL exactly!

8. McKendry
9. Kingston
10. Grant
11. Manu
12. Brown
13. Lewis

14. Burns
15. Weston
16. Plum/Achurch
17. Tia-Kilifi/Smith

Wouldn't matter if we had 3. Daniela, 4. Whare in the centres...that is a dominant forward pack.

Although I'd much rather:

8. McKendry, 9. Kingston, 10. Grant, 11. Ta'ai, 12. Brown, 13. Lewis
RES: 14. Burns, 15. Weston, 16. Taupau, 17. Tia Kilifi

For arguably the same amount of money with potentially keeping Jennings.

betcats

Referee
Yep Pretty much if his cap number with us at the moment is $600k, and then another team gets him for $300k, for the length of the contract with us he is charged at $300k.

Cheers, Im not sure we are doin ourselves any good getting rid of him, unless of course he does have some kind of attitude problem or whatever.

age.s

First Grade
Rumour on the Grill Team this morning is a direct swap - Jennings > Rabbits and Farrell > Panthers. Hope it is not true and just a rumour

MG absolutely rubbished it. I think he's more likely to be in the know than Gus Worland.

Kilkenny

Coach
I simply cannot see a future for Jennings at the Panthers.

He clearly has attitude issues and he has not performed at the level expected of someone rewarded so hansomely.

I hope he finds another club and we are allowed to move on.

Big Mick

Referee
Here is hoping the fact that since he has been out that we have been winning...has proven that he isn't the be all and end all of our team and put his attitude in the right place on the training field.

Sparky 74

Juniors
Don't be too suprised if Jennings has played his last game for the Mighty Panthers.
Word has it that Jenno will end up either at the Sharks or the Eels.

Yes he said he hates Parra BUT he loves Hayne & the $$$$$$

Panfas

Juniors
Don't be too suprised if Jennings has played his last game for the Mighty Panthers.

Lol that is so far from the truth. Jennings is not going anywhere and that is from the boss

dwayneb84

Juniors

Gus said jennings and lewis are staying on NRL extra last night. Video is on foxsports, sorry I cant post the link due to post count restrictions

abpanther

Staff member
I know he's the golden child but I still think he has issues with his defensive attitude.

Let's take last night's game as an example, obviously the biggest game he has every played in so he should have been fired up to the max.

First half, Brett Morris makes a line break, swerves around Inglis, and who is chasing from behind to help bring him down? Jonathan Thurston, great hustle play, plenty of heart, that's what wins games.

Second half, Inglis makes a break, Josh Morris comes from behind Hayne, runs all the way across the field and amazingly brings him down from behind to deny a try. Amazing play, great hustle.

Now in the second half, Thurston makes a break down Jennings side (breaks Pearce's tackle) and that leads to a Maroons try. If you watch the replay of that break, Thurston goes through and Tate puts the pedal down in support. Brett Morris turns and sprints back to the point where he helps the cover defense as they don't focus as much on Thurston as Morris is gonna run him down. What does Jennings do when the break is made? He turns and jogs, essentially taking himself out of the play and showing no hustle for his team or his state.

I've noticed this in the past with Jennings, he doesn't show any desire to chase back in defense.

I thought that play was pretty disappointing

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
Exactly, I've seen times where a forward breaks the line and he still doesn't chase back.

That's the sort of stuff that bugs me about him.

At least Coote, for all his physical deficiencies, will put in 100% no matter what.

Jennings plays when he wants to

age.s

First Grade
I don't think Jennings is that fast anymore. Kevin Gordon ran him down very easily.

Latest posts