What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremy Smith

roopy

Referee
Barry Toohey reports in the Sunday paper that we are frontrunners to sign him for 250k a year for 3 years.
He is the Uncle of Kalifa Fai Fai loa - so signing the two would solve a few issues.
Just need a prop or two and we are done i'd say.

88.Knights

Juniors
great another backrower, that will solve our prop and go forward situation, save the money for 2012 signings

Noname36

First Grade
A month or so ago when I still had hopes that we would sign a good prop I would have said no way. However now that it looks like we wont sign any, I'd welcome Smith with open arms.

Johns Magic

Referee
250K is a good price for him...but he's not that good.

Pretty sure I said before, a poor man's LOD.

roboshark

Coach
Think you will find the sharks are in the mix for his signature....apparantly some in the know say he is already signed

macavity

Referee
Think you will find the sharks are in the mix for his signature....apparantly some in the know say he is already signed

might have to call him Cameron Smith - if you listen to all the chatter he must have signed 2 contracts...

Interesting comment when his manager said Newcastle are the front runners at this stage. He should know. However i will grant you this, Toohey is sometimes wide of the mark in so far as to the certainty of signings. No fault of his own though with O'Donnell.

otori

Juniors
Seriously, how many Dragons players can we possibly sign? Lulia, Naiqamas, Wicks, Houston, Costigan, Henry and now Smith?

Alex28

Coach
I know. It's an outrage! I mean buying players from the top team and likely premiers (Choke-pending) of this years competition.

Call an enquiry!

Certainly wouldnt complain about getting Jeremy Smith, especially at that price.

Lets be honest peeps backrow isnt exactly a priority but anytime we get a quality player and Smith is a starting Dragons player and current Kiwi international, we should be thankful, because god knows they are few and far between.

Alex28

Coach
But Baron...he's yet another Dragon! It is an outrage!

Who cares if he is a starting member in the top team of the competition and a current international.

If he was from the Sharks, apparently that would be fine. But not another Dragon!

Too be quite honest with the addition of him and if we could retain Cross, we wouldnt be in fantastic shape next year..... But a pack of.

8. Cross.
9. De Gois.
10. Edwards.
11. Patterson.
12. Taia.
13. Smith.

14. Hilder.
15. Patto/Mika
16. Costigan.
17. Fa'aos/Tovo/Tolar whom ever I am missing.

I wouldnt mind that to be honest, I think Edwards is comming along greatly and if Cross isnt the only fast moving target wont he wont get smashed as much.

Smith adds some polish and aggression.

Costigan comming on with Richie may help him find some of his ticker that he seems to have lost....

Just my glass half full speech :)