What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremy Smith

Definately prefer Eastwood any day of the week, however still wouldnt mind both, Costigan and Eastwood have had stints as props before.

perverse

Referee
Brisbane are far more likely than the Dogs i would think... given that Brisbane still have some cash up their sleeves and the Dogs have aquired Tandy and Tolman with Hannants cash.

the Dogs may have a bit of room to move, i'm guessing this is Pattens last year at the Dogs too, but they wouldn't have near the amount of space even Brisbane have to work with, let alone what we've still got.

Joker's Wild

Coach
With the amount they are chucking at Inglis and are no doubt holding in reserve for Lockys inevitable contract extention, they may be pushed for room.

Would be awesome if we got him though

otori

Juniors
I would throw a fair bit of dosh to get Eastwood here. If we signed him and Smith with Costigan already on board and Likiliki, Henry and KOD in the making, we'd have achieved a great phase of recruitment.

I bet he'll go somewhere for less cash than we're offering though...:(

perverse

Referee
I would throw a fair bit of dosh to get Eastwood here. If we signed him and Smith with Costigan already on board and Likiliki, Henry and KOD in the making, we'd have achieved a great phase of recruitment.

I bet he'll go somewhere for less cash than we're offering though...:(
as long as our next signing is ANY genuine quality forward i think we can safely say it's been a pretty successful recruitment drive, tbh.

a bloke like Farrar would just be a massive bonus on top of all that really. it's pretty clear that we're going to have a very different squad for next year... which is obviously a good thing. it's going to be interesting to see what happens with our pack with so damn many backrowers. you would have to imagine one or 2 will make a shift to the front row. they can't all play out wide.

RABK

Referee
NSW have gone into games with only one front rower and 6 or 7 backrowers in recent years.

No doubt NSW suck ass but even coaches like Gould, Stuart and Bellamy at rep level seem to love stockpiling backrowers into sides and just have them stay solid in the ruck in defense and hammer the fringes in attack.

If NSW were anything but 0-5 i might smile at the thought of us having a similar approach.

perverse

Referee
NSW have gone into games with only one front rower and 6 or 7 backrowers in recent years.

No doubt NSW suck ass but even coaches like Gould, Stuart and Bellamy at rep level seem to love stockpiling backrowers into sides and just have them stay solid in the ruck in defense and hammer the fringes in attack.

If NSW were anything but 0-5 i might smile at the thought of us having a similar approach.
a mobile pack did work for NSW when we had Joey and Freddy and co running the show. we didn't need to get physical with QLD, we just tired their big boppers out with our footwork, speed, mobility, etc. i honestly don't feel the same approach can work week to week in the NRL... in fact i'm not certain at any level with the current state of the game. it may be the theory that Stone is trying to apply, though. we'll soon find out how it works i'd say. it could be a massive success.

it could leave us dominated up the middle again, too.

RABK

Referee
What was Stones QLD cup sides like? Maybe, just maybe it's a policy of his. Anti big bopper? Though he does love the Kauf.

perverse

Referee
What was Stones QLD cup sides like? Maybe, just maybe it's a policy of his. Anti big bopper? Though he does love the Kauf.
i couldn't say, i know stuff all about QLD Cup. i think JW keeps his eye on it, so he may know something... but then how long has it even been since Stone coached QLD Cup? how long has he been in our system?

either way i can't see many excuses for Stone next year, particularly if we get at least 1 more quality forward signing. it will be a vastly different squad that he will be 100% responsible for crafting.

Noname36

First Grade
According to Barry Toohey in the Telegraph this morning, there has been a hold up with the Smith negotiations. Apparently if things drag on for too long, we're going to make a serious play for Eastwood. Whether that's just all talk to make Smith hurry up and sign I'm not sure...

Frederick

Staff member
Surely we could afford both, unless the club only wants one more forward and an outside back. Also what happened to Sika Manu? I thought we were in negotiations with him too?

Latest posts