What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Though I like the idea, those images are of Colossus (basically giant statues) not Titans.

I know at least the bottom one is from the Song of Ice and Fire series; called the Titan of Braavos...

Maybe instead they should go with something more like modern interpretations Kronos, a giant molten man.

lava-titan-wrath-titans.jpg

That would be cool too, but the thing i like about the pictures i put up is that it holds onto the image of the gladiator helmet. I know thats not a Greek- mythology titan thing, but it is a part of the GC brand and it may have enough value to be worth holding onto.

Whatever happens though, i just want to see them streamline their image into something less cluttered and more recognisable,

and above all else simplify it into something along these lines...

250px-Umbercrest.png

- image of a full body against a solid background

The Great Dane

First Grade
I know at least the bottom one is from the Song of Ice and Fire series; called the Titan of Braavos...

It may be called a Titan, but it isn't one.

The difference between a titan and a colossus is that colossus is an old word for giant statue depicting either a god or a man (the Statue of Liberty is technically a colossus), where a titan is basically a god from the titan pantheon of gods in Greco-Roman mythology.

The Titans were basically the gods, until Kronos (or Cronus), the king of the Titans was over thrown by his children the Olympians (most notably Zeus, Poseidon and Hades) by being dragged (while drunk) into the cave of Nyx (Night) (I think Nyx is the right spelling) where he sleeps for eternity. The Olympians overthrew Kronos because he would eat the Olympians (his children) in an attempt to keep complete control over the universe, obviously that plan backfired.

So a titan is a living breathing being (in the stories of course) and a colossus is just a giant statue (did I mention that the word colossal come from the word colossus :lol:).

That would be cool too, but the thing i like about the pictures i put up is that it holds onto the image of the gladiator helmet. I know thats not a Greek- mythology titan thing, but it is a part of the GC brand and it may have enough value to be worth holding onto.

Whatever happens though, i just want to see them streamline their image into something less cluttered and more recognisable,

and above all else simplify it into something along these lines...

250px-Umbercrest.png

- image of a full body against a solid background

Maybe the hoplite/gladiator thingy is worth keeping, but honestly I'm not sure that many people would even notice if it was removed, let alone miss it.

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
Though I like the idea, those images are of Colossus (basically giant statues) not Titans.

]

The sword handle makes the Titan look like he has little tap shoes.

Dolphins logo was ok, but Redcliffe spat the dummy for some petty reason (they want entry to NRL in 2050?) Easts Tigers use Balmains logo, Burliegh use North Sydney, who cares.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
Titans may be looking for a new name very soon...

Why?

Here is one from the NHL thats quite simple and the eyes form a "T"

2hf0s9e.jpg

Why do so many teams call themselves the Titans and then use a bastardised hoplite/Russel Crowe's gladiator helmet as their logo, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Why not just call yourselves the Gladiators, Spartans, Murmillones, etc, all things that this logo would at least make some semblance of sense with. Or if you must use the Titans name why not give some of the stories about the titans a read and have a good look through the heaps of old imagery of titans, then use that new found knowledge to make a titan related logo.

Simply doesn't make any sense to me why people choose names like the titans name when they clearly have no f##king clue what a titan is.

Last edited:

Latest posts