What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

GAZF

First Grade
This is one thing I still don't understand. Why were rugby league jerseys worn so loose? I can understand players in the 90s and maybe into the 2000s not wearing skin tight jerseys like you see today - but why two or three sizes too big? It would just make it easier for you to be tackled.
The Yankees switched from poly to cotton in 93 or 94, but neglected to make the sizes large enough to account for shrinkage.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
This is one thing I still don't understand. Why were rugby league jerseys worn so loose? I can understand players in the 90s and maybe into the 2000s not wearing skin tight jerseys like you see today - but why two or three sizes too big? It would just make it easier for you to be tackled.

Those old loose jumpers werenf*ckin premium!!!

It was great watching the skinny little guys run out looking like 6 year olds in their dads work shirt.

The tight jumpers these days are fine for the skinny guys, but they make the fatties look like sausages bursting their skins....

EXRLJTKXsAEtKIe
EWsyjz2UcAAxTll

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/ottawa-show-off-concept-kits-ahead-of-league-1-entry/

Ottawa Aces have unveiled their concept kits ahead of their entry into League 1 in 2021.

The Canadian franchise – founded by Eric Perez – will join the RFL pyramid in 2021 and will start off in League 1.

Ottawa revealed their first concept kit last week, which featured a chevron with the primary colours being black and red.

And the Aces have most recently revealed their second concept kit, which is mainly white and features the Ottawa skyline.

The concept kits come on the back of the announcement that they will hold trials for Canadian players once coronavirus restrictions are lifted in the country.

If selected by the Ottawa coaches, the trialist will be rewarded with a full-time professional contract with the club. The Aces will be offering up to 10 contracts for their maiden campaign in 2021.

The trials will be for Canadian athletes only and players must hold a Canadian passport to be eligible for selection.

Ottawa have a five-year target of reaching Super League and they are likely to play blocks of home matches at their 24,000-capacity TD Place Stadium, starting at the end of March

The Great Dane

First Grade
EXRLJTKXsAEtKIe
EWsyjz2UcAAxTll

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/ottawa-show-off-concept-kits-ahead-of-league-1-entry/

Ottawa Aces have unveiled their concept kits ahead of their entry into League 1 in 2021.

The Canadian franchise – founded by Eric Perez – will join the RFL pyramid in 2021 and will start off in League 1.

Ottawa revealed their first concept kit last week, which featured a chevron with the primary colours being black and red.

And the Aces have most recently revealed their second concept kit, which is mainly white and features the Ottawa skyline.

The concept kits come on the back of the announcement that they will hold trials for Canadian players once coronavirus restrictions are lifted in the country.

If selected by the Ottawa coaches, the trialist will be rewarded with a full-time professional contract with the club. The Aces will be offering up to 10 contracts for their maiden campaign in 2021.

The trials will be for Canadian athletes only and players must hold a Canadian passport to be eligible for selection.

Ottawa have a five-year target of reaching Super League and they are likely to play blocks of home matches at their 24,000-capacity TD Place Stadium, starting at the end of March
Eric Perez really seems to have a thing for black, white, and red.

The Great Dane

First Grade
It's weird that a Canadian team would want to play in Canadian colours, right?
We’d find it pretty weird if all our clubs wanted to play in green and gold.

It’s actually not that strange that an Ottawa club would pick red and black, it’d be more strange if they didn’t pick them. It’s Torontos’ colours that are strange.

hellteam

First Grade
Jersey nerds only. Found this below pic from the Broncos Facebook interesting.

I always thought the yellow jersey was retired after the 93 season, when Powers was the front sponsor. 94 alternate jersey was the diamonds. Never seen a yellow with Traveland on the front.

Also, seems to be XXXX logo on the sleeve? Never seen that either.

Perhaps a preseason prototype

96136989_10158112494674631_7034306916381622272_o.jpg

Doubtful anyone cares but I have somehow solved this. The jersey on Lockyer's bed is the Broncos QRL jersey. QRL logo on the right instead of NSWRL

Worked that out by this youtube video of ch 7 vs ch 9 match (weird) in 1994
About the most exciting thing that happened to me today

Broncos.png

I love detective work.

Here's one : what was the product name for those jerseys popular in the 90s made of quadrants with 4 differing colours/combos and different sleeves again?? The name escapes me. They made one of foundation ARL clubs circa 96/97.

ComradePanda

Juniors
I love detective work.

Here's one : what was the product name for those jerseys popular in the 90s made of quadrants with 4 differing colours/combos and different sleeves again?? The name escapes me. They made one of foundation ARL clubs circa 96/97.

Theres actually one of those on Facebook Marketplace right now, i believe the first few numbers were given to the club in the order in which they registered with the NSWRL?

94425767_10217591588209184_1597794148407050240_o.jpg

put a dot where the space is, it doesnt seem to like the link on the forum
https://www.facebook com/marketplace/item/228923441786784/

sempmrh

Juniors
I love detective work.

A harlequin jersey?

kdalymc

Bench
Worked that out by this youtube video of ch 7 vs ch 9 match (weird) in 1994
wtf is this?? looks like maybe celebs? cbf watching all, but also, awesome!

so was this qrl team "reserve grade"(think we still had national reggies then?) , or a broncos team in the Q Cup?

RE the ugly jerseys, who the f signed these off haha i remember em being huge when i was a kid, and i always tried to figure out which teams were on them, not knowing they were mainly nonsense...

sempmrh

Juniors
Were these jackets ever produced for the NRL or was it purely an AFL thing? They were made by a company called Vivid and I remember them doing basketball style singlets as well. I remember these seeming to be quite popular down here and the company did make a Storm one - I still see them occasionally at AAMI Park. Would have been produced about 1998/99.

The only one I could find is this Carlton one - but they all had the same basic design.

vivid outer wear.jpg

unforgiven

Bench
wtf is this?? looks like maybe celebs? cbf watching all, but also, awesome!

so was this qrl team "reserve grade"(think we still had national reggies then?) , or a broncos team in the Q Cup?

RE the ugly jerseys, who the f signed these off haha i remember em being huge when i was a kid, and i always tried to figure out which teams were on them, not knowing they were mainly nonsense...

The ugly jerseys were a cost cutting measure, they mainly used offcuts to make them so saved in wasted materials.