What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

MugaB

Coach
Fair chance CQ would use it if they ever got in. Problem is they are not much of a chance of getting an NRL team anytime soon.

images
Move to Adelaide! Capras

flippikat

Bench
1995 jersey are the bomb for the Warriors, it defines the club... that and the GF Black Grand Final kit. Look at GC Titans no really iconic kit. (Have too many cans!)
True, but what I'm getting at is not abandoning the 1995 kit but refreshing it with new design elements just enough to distinguish the current jersey from a retro.
You're basically saying a storied history of failure and the sponsorship integration of a long gone brewery sponsor is what defines the Warriors. . . I'm not sure that's a good thing.

The truth is that any half decent designer with a bit of creative freedom could come up with a solid new kit for them, with a bit of luck they might even come up with something better, but that's true of a lot of teams. Most of the clubs are too afraid of failure to even try though, which definitely isn't a good thing.

The Titans lack of identity has much more to do with their totally generic branding than their jersey designs. Their brand was garbage to begin with, and is in desperate need of a major overhaul. They need to piss the blue off for a start. The Madden create a team logo needs to be buried as well.
100% agree with you there - there are ways of adapting an old and/or heritage and/or debut season jersey design for the modern age.

I may be in a minority but I actually liked the mid 2000s Raiders jersey with shoulder stripes. It took the classic design & added design elements, but was still distinctly Canberra Raiders.

I'm NOT saying every club should just add shoulder stripes & side panels (that doesn't work for striped jerseys for instance).. but trying some new element on a classic jersey shouldn't be taboo.

Attachments

• images - 2024-02-10T185409.354.jpeg
    images - 2024-02-10T185409.354.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 4

jim_57

Staff member
It has always intrigued me that Mackay wear such a similar design/colours:

View attachment 84046

I think Mackay came in when CQ were playing as the ‘Comets’ in different colours so it was essentially unused and free for Mackay. Then not long after CQ went back to Capras and the original colours creating the clash.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
True, but what I'm getting at is not abandoning the 1995 kit but refreshing it with new design elements just enough to distinguish the current jersey from a retro.

100% agree with you there - there are ways of adapting an old and/or heritage and/or debut season jersey design for the modern age.

I may be in a minority but I actually liked the mid 2000s Raiders jersey with shoulder stripes. It took the classic design & added design elements, but was still distinctly Canberra Raiders.

I'm NOT saying every club should just add shoulder stripes & side panels (that doesn't work for striped jerseys for instance).. but trying some new element on a classic jersey shouldn't be taboo.
The Raiders have only had three home jerseys worth a damn; the original armbands, the 03-05 Fone Zone jersey you're talking about, and the 2012-14 vee/chevron. Not saying they're perfect (chevrons are massively played out in RL for example), but all of them take the existing design elements and motifs and put a new spin on them.

The goal of every club should be to regularly produce new jersey designs in a similar manner of taking existing ideas, expanding and adding to them where possible, and representing them differently, and the fact that they don't is just leaving money and club culture on the table.

The Raiders stripe design motif being so simple and versatile should make it a lot easier for them to do this stuff than most, but they're stuck in the past and afraid of backlash from a noisy minority. The obvious next step for them has been to play with vertical stripes; imagine these in Raiders colours-
1707571263581.jpeg
images

Doubt it'll happen anytime soon, if ever, though.

Last edited:

LeagueNut

First Grade
View attachment 84004
saw the Heritage in stores, interestingly it was almost identical in terms of make as the retro ones already available just with a couple of updated details (and more expensive price)
I get the 'Warriors' text is a nod to the old DB Bitter sponsorship but it seems super weird that they'd put out a jersey without the main jersey sponsor on it.

MugaB

Coach
I get the 'Warriors' text is a nod to the old DB Bitter sponsorship but it seems super weird that they'd put out a jersey without the main jersey sponsor on it.
It might be just legality issue with using DB Bitter as a sponsor, i know they have it on the heritage,but im not sure who the manufacturer is for that one, has anyone seen if they have " DB Bitter" on the blue heritage version made by Dynasty or is this the first with them?

Matiunz

Juniors
It might be just legality issue with using DB Bitter as a sponsor, i know they have it on the heritage,but im not sure who the manufacturer is for that one, has anyone seen if they have " DB Bitter" on the blue heritage version made by Dynasty or is this the first with them?
The remakes of the OG 95 home have all had Vodafone in place of the fb bitter as far as I know

flippikat

Bench
Can’t see which of the new proposed clubs would do it but I would like to see a club adopt the Hammers/Villa colours. Always liked the maroon/sky blue combo. Thought the centenary Australia jersey was a cracker.
Absolutely! Mind you, I'm a little biased here as that's the colours of my local rugby union club, Avalon Wolves.

Attachments

• images - 2024-02-11T132615.438.jpeg
    images - 2024-02-11T132615.438.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1

Matiunz

Juniors
It is relatively prominent on the back but yes strange they’d give up prime real estate691D6446-3EF5-4E8B-89BF-47D47A23BE7A.jpeg

Nuke

Staff member
What's with the clipart picture of NZ on the back of the neck on that jersey? I mean, I get that it's the map of NZ, but I'm sure that could've been designed better onto the jersey than this...

kdalymc

Bench
The remakes of the OG 95 home have all had Vodafone in place of the fb bitter as far as I know
You are both f**ken stoned as.
The RETROS have dB bitter.
The 2024 HERITAGE (for some f**ken weird reason one nz has been moved) has WARRIORS on the front, in the style of the DB font, obviously as a nod. But yeah weird. This set up hasn't happened before

MugaB

Coach
You are both f**ken stoned as.
The RETROS have dB bitter.
The 2024 HERITAGE (for some f**ken weird reason one nz has been moved) has WARRIORS on the front, in the style of the DB font, obviously as a nod. But yeah weird. This set up hasn't happened before
Yes but Dynasty is the new manufacturer, this is maybe their 1st time to do a heritage, yet they aren't allowed to put DB bitter as a sponsor, Why?
Maybe Puma (the old apparel company) has some sort of legal hold on that sponsor, for a certain amount of time.. idk

Latest posts