What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jerseys & Sponsors -- 07!

Parra Guru

Coach
I think that the people who have worn the jersey for the last 3-4 years would know if it was different or not. All the feedback from Eels fans has been positive so far. A few dislike the white but that was to be expected.

I like them a lot and I am not a massive fan of change.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm not saying they're bad in any way, but to the untrained eye they're quite similar to the jersey worn until this year. I quite like the changes to the design. My complaint is the fact that changes have been made and it's making the fans pay more and more each year. It's just me being pedantic and sh*tty on a Friday afternoon which you've probably guessed but it's getting up my nose that so many clubs jerseys are changing so frequently, and in some cases so minorly.

Parra Guru

Coach
we look better with stripes and they're trying to get back to that look. It looks a lot better than the navy blue we had previously.

I love tradition so I am glad that they are only making minor changes.

I honestly hate the V style jersey the dogs wear and hated that design we wore in 2001 onwards.

Parra's jersey keeps improving IMO

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm not a fan of the fact our current jersey is derived from the SL days... however I'm proud of the fact our club hasn't implemented copious jersey changes every year unless it's sponsor-forced.

Parra Guru

Coach
it depends on how u look at it. I haven't been this happy in a change since 2001. I hated the 2001 strip. People keep complaining about the colours, stripes etc etc and tbh this one is an improvement so I am happy. Also very happy we haven't adopted a round collar too.

choc_soldier

Coach
The new Panthers away jersey (complete with new NRL logo)...

2007-alt-jersey.jpg

LeagueLegend

Juniors
choc_soldier said:
Penrith is on the search for a new shorts sponsor. It appears that the Flexirent deal was for this year only.

It was supposed to be for more but due to a corporate takeover it was halted mid term.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
That Penriff jersey is horrible. It doesn't surprise me. Since the chocolate ones their jerseys have lurched from one disaster to another. Whats doing with the shoulders/sleeves? Appalling.