What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jerseys & Sponsors -- 07!

Knightmare

Coach
Anyone remember Penrith's away jersey circa 1994-96? The Panthers have been wearing weird jerseys for yonks, they WERE the club who's board originally thought brown and white would look good on the field after all...

choc_soldier

Coach
Knightmare said:
Anyone remember Penrith's away jersey circa 1994-96? The Panthers have been wearing weird jerseys for yonks, they WERE the club who's board originally thought brown and white would look good on the field after all...

Sure do... white, with diagonal stripes...

13882223-M.jpg

"Apparently" Manly will have a colarless 2007 jersey. One of the members on a Manly forum emailed Zorba and he said that this was the case. Here is a jersey, but obviously there is going to be RBK instead of Classic and the Telstra Premiership logo will be on the jersey as well. I don't like it :(

jersey.jpg

Thoughts?

innsaneink

Referee
Training T= $50
Training%20Shirt%20%28Black%29%20$65.jpg

Onfield Jersey = $150
Main%20Jersey%20$150.jpg

The extra $100 gives you a collar & a button, a slightly stronger fabric, a label at the bottom and a manafacturers logo smack bang in the middle.

The T's have also been selling for $40 at some sports stores.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I wasn't aware clubs were entitled to have their sponsors logo as part of the chest embroidery. What a f**king joke... I'd be pissed if I was a Tigers fan. Proton have the middle of the jersey isn't that enough?

LeagueNut

First Grade
aids said:
and possibly inspired by the a-ha film clip take on me.
:lol: I'm gonna think of that song every time I see the Panthers run out in that strip now. :crazy:

Just Another 'Dogs Supporter said:
I wasn't aware clubs were entitled to have their sponsors logo as part of the chest embroidery. What a f**king joke... I'd be pissed if I was a Tigers fan. Proton have the middle of the jersey isn't that enough?

I believe, and Tigpies fans please correct me if I'm wrong, that the embroided "Proton" above the club emblem is a feature on the supporters' jerseys but the actual players jerseys don't have them.

innsaneink

Referee
I think the PROTON above the logo is only used for promotional stuff, advertising, profiles etc, its not on items for sale in general....though I may be wrong.

Saint Doc

Coach
Just Another 'Dogs Supporter said:

I think its dangerous to allow sponsors to be part of official logos...look how cheap the Townsville Crocodiles NBL logo looks with the golden arches in the background...

crocs.gif

newman

First Grade
Id love to see a team trot out with no Jersey whoring and be proud..

Advertising is a putrid form of visual pollution and its ceaseless march into every facet of modern life is like cancer.

For those who care, I had a chat with Greg Pierce and he hates the Sharks away strip too. They did everything they could to get rid of it but the NRL wouldnt let them, wouldnt even let them have black socks and short .In somewhat of a compromise the sharks will only be using that Jersey for non sydney away games.

Saint Doc

Coach
Well the sharks designed the stupid thing so they cant whinge too much.

The NRL are doing the right thing by protecting the fans by refusing clubs to change their mind EVERY year.

Inferno

Coach
newman said:

Advertising is a putrid form of visual pollution and its ceaseless march into every facet of modern life is like cancer.

For those who care, I had a chat with Greg Pierce and he hates the Sharks away strip too. They did everything they could to get rid of it but the NRL wouldnt let them, wouldnt even let them have black socks and short .In somewhat of a compromise the sharks will only be using that Jersey for non sydney away games.

Interesting. I wonder how they came to that jersey in the first place

Knightmare

Coach
The Tigers proton logo doesn't appear on the jerseys the players wear on-field (thank God). As for Manly's jersey- if that t-shirt get-up is what they'll be wearing- gay. Like all the other t-shirt jerseys. One can only wonder what things would be like if the Broncos hadn't been the first to jump the shark all those years back.

Bob

Juniors
Knightmare said:
In actual fact our colours pre 1967 were dark blue and white but the NSWRL decided this would clash with Canterbury Bankstown's jersey so we were made to change it.

hrundi99

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Training T= $50
Onfield Jersey = $150

The extra $100 gives you a collar & a button, a slightly stronger fabric, a label at the bottom and a manafacturers logo smack bang in the middle.

The T's have also been selling for $40 at some sports stores.

Come on Ink. It's a lot thicker fabric. If you got a shirt-grabbing tackle in a training shirt it would tear it to shreds.

Fair dinkum.

hrundi99

First Grade
newman said:

Said team would go tits up due to lack of revenue.

Is that a good idea?

Earth to clueless guy. Earth to clueless guy.

hrundi99

First Grade
Cheesie-the-Pirate said:
I believe, and Tigpies fans please correct me if I'm wrong, that the embroided "Proton" above the club emblem is a feature on the supporters' jerseys but the actual players jerseys don't have them.

100% correct.

The NRL doesn't allow it.