What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jerseys & Sponsors -- 07!

aids

Bench
it's along side with storms away strip as 3rd grade art class award winners.
and possibly inspired by the a-ha film clip take on me.

Godz Illa

Coach
MattJ said:
I dont think that away penrith one looks all that bad.
Same here. It's ostentatious but a bit more controlled than the ugly teal one they've had the last few years. Like it.

Smiley

Bench
XXXX Back
Wednesday November 01, 2006

It has been a relationship that has spanned more than 15 years and today Castlemaine Perkins, brewer of XXXX, and the Ergon Energy Brisbane Broncos, announced a new sponsorship deal taking the partnership through to the end of 2011.

Mark Powell, Castlemaine Perkins Regional Director, said the announcement cemented the commitment of XXXX to rugby league in Queensland and, in particular, its support of the 2006 premiership winning Brisbane Broncos. "We're absolutely delighted we have been able to partner with the Broncos for another five years. We've had a great relationship over many years and look forward to working with the Broncos on a range of activities in the future," said Mr Powell.

In 2006, XXXX BITTER initiatives in support of the Broncos included the creation of a 300 seat 'fan grandstand' at a Broncos training session in the lead up to the opening NRL match of the season; the 400-strong XXXX BITTER Black Zone team cheering on the Broncos at every home game at Suncorp Stadium; and the XXXX BITTER Commemorative Can, celebrating the Broncos sixth grand final victory.

Broncos managing director, Bruno Cullen, said the renewal of the XXXX sponsorship typified the outstanding relationship and commitment between the two Queensland icons.

"Again, Castlemaine have made a big commitment to the Broncos, and we are delighted to have them back with us for a further five years," he said.

"XXXX first came on board back in 1993, the year of our second premiership. Since then both XXXX and the Broncos have become synonymous with rugby league, and market leadership.

"And recently when it came to renewing this association, it was simply a matter of sitting down and discussing how we can go forward even more successfully, as a combined team. Working with XXXX has been an absolute pleasure and I have no doubt that we will be partners for many, many years to come."

XXXX BITTER is also a sponsor of the Queensland Rugby League, the Queensland State of Origin team and the North Queensland Cowboys.

Jono078

Referee
After seeing that pic of Panthers away jersey I actually dont mind it, something a little different..

miccle

Bench
God Damn XXXX and their partnership with the Broncos.

The 'Black Zone' is a pitiful joke...

innsaneink

Referee
miccle said:
God Damn XXXX and their partnership with the Broncos.

The 'Black Zone' is a pitiful joke...

Are you talking about the bay of fans behind the posts on the western end looking at Suncorp on TV....that highly controlled, highly robotic like creatures with their inflatable clapping things that when pictured on camera from a distance look like a bay full of black insects with long twitchy antennas?

Always meant to ask about them

Red Bear

Referee
innsaneink said:
Are you talking about the bay of fans behind the posts on the western end looking at Suncorp on TV....that highly controlled, highly robotic like creatures with their inflatable clapping things that when pictured on camera from a distance look like a bay full of black insects with long twitchy antennas?

Always meant to ask about them
The entire Brisbane supporter base?

choc_soldier

Coach
Henson Park Hornets said:
panthers%20away.JPG

Found this on the UK RL forum... WTF are Penriff thinking?? That's up there with the aqua Broncos jersey from a few years ago.

Worst jersey ever.

Ummm... that's quite a jersey. Initial impression - I like it!

miccle

Bench
GoTheBears - piss off, that's hardly the whole Brisbane supporter base.

But yes Ink - that's them. It goes a whole step worse from your usual corporate bastardisation looking to give 'fans' free tickets in order for a bit of advertising. They don't wear the clubs colours, they make bugger all noise and the only chants they have are re-written XXXX themes with slightly different words (eg. 'I can feel a try coming on' as opposed to 'I can feel a XXXX coming on'. Genius)

It'd be okay if they just existed, but it goes further than that. I, along with other admins on the BHQ Site who also do work on the official site, have spent a fair bit of time in recent years really pushing the idea of a 'flag waving bay' or some sort of acknowledgement of a supporters club from the Broncos management. But we don't have the corporate dollars, of course, so it's just one big 'talk to the hand'.

We survive with about 16-20 members who all sit in our area and have a ball, quite a few big flags and banners and just generally try to create atmosphere. We grow by 2 or 3 people each year as one or two always drop off and half a dozen more sign on.. but it's just so frustrating. Suncorp is a deadset library for some matches, and I really think the club (and all clubs) should get behind having particular supporter bay or flag waving areas to help the atmosphere and promote a fun time with other supporters.

/rant

Red Bear

Referee
miccle said:
GoTheBears - piss off, that's hardly the whole Brisbane supporter base.

But yes Ink - that's them. It goes a whole step worse from your usual corporate bastardisation looking to give 'fans' free tickets in order for a bit of advertising. They don't wear the clubs colours, they make bugger all noise and the only chants they have are re-written XXXX themes with slightly different words (eg. 'I can feel a try coming on' as opposed to 'I can feel a XXXX coming on'. Genius)

It'd be okay if they just existed, but it goes further than that. I, along with other admins on the BHQ Site who also do work on the official site, have spent a fair bit of time in recent years really pushing the idea of a 'flag waving bay' or some sort of acknowledgement of a supporters club from the Broncos management. But we don't have the corporate dollars, of course, so it's just one big 'talk to the hand'.

We survive with about 16-20 members who all sit in our area and have a ball, quite a few big flags and banners and just generally try to create atmosphere. We grow by 2 or 3 people each year as one or two always drop off and half a dozen more sign on.. but it's just so frustrating. Suncorp is a deadset library for some matches, and I really think the club (and all clubs) should get behind having particular supporter bay or flag waving areas to help the atmosphere and promote a fun time with other supporters.

/rant
Sorry, that was my point. That despite the "great rugby league ground" of suncorp you never seem to see much atmosphere for bronco's games, partly due to the seeming lack of proper supporter group, which we have in NSW for most teams. Even a big stadium can have a great atmosphere with these groups eg anzac day at Aussie stadium, with the chook pen next to the dragons army is always great.(mind you aussie stadium is always good atmosphere)

miccle

Bench
Sorry for jumping down your throat then mate.

I completely agree with you, and the club really isn't helping out. Ahhh well. Anyway, we have about 20 in our group next year and are really setting the wheels in motion for expanding it, even if we have to do it all ourselves which isn't too easy.

Hoping that figure can double for 2008 - that's my plan anways *crosses fingers*

Nuke

Staff member
I must admit, I quite like that new alternate Penrith jersey. I wouldn't exactly call it 'revolutionary' though ...

Latest posts