What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2008 season

2 True Blues

Coach
And the NRL teams like Roosters, Parra, Souths, Sharks, Penrith, Storm etc etc etc etc shall also benefit by being affiliated with a NSW cup team.

It's just smart.

What do you guys think of the JBC rep team that has been announced?
I have just read on another forum that the top sides dont make their players available but I know for a fact that that is not the case and that the majority of players from the Bulls, Windsor and Mounties were available but didn't get picked.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It was interesting to see such a spread of players from across the clubs. Maybe it was done to give all clubs some representation?

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Video from the Reds v Erina game is available here:
http://www.waredsrugbyleague.com.au/content/gallery/
:cool:..CHEERS... Perth Red.. I enjoyed watchin that video link.. keep up the great work, Western Reds are a Force 2be Reckoned with.. if u Under Estimate them , u do it at your own Peril.. I am confident u guys will steam roll wentys magpies ..with that parocial homecrowd i saw on that video at the warzone.. !!:lol:

2 True Blues

Coach
2.00 pm, Saturday, 28 June

The Crest Stadium, Carysfield Rd, Bass Hill
Just off Liverpool Rd
Team sheet

Shaun Foley
Byron Ford
Damon Alley-Tovio
Toshio Laiseni
Rhys Pritchard
Luke Branighan
Ben Green
Steve Meredith
Tyrone Shelley
Ray Moujalli
Jimmy Andersen ©
Danny Howard
Rory Kostjasyn
Khalid Deeb
Luke Millwood
Hep Cahill
Albert Hopoate
Tevita Folau

Does anyone who if Damon TOVIO and Tyrone Shelley have been playing for the Rhino's this season etc. They are both making P/League debut's for the jets this weekend when they play against the Bulldogs.

Jets are very depleted with Rudder and others playing NRL Roosters, and this would have to be ( on paper ) possibly the weakest side we have feilded thus far this season.

Was hoping some of you Beam fans might know a little more about em.

Roosters stated they are not affiliated/signed by to them, so am assuming they are mid season signings perhaps, ot have been playing in Beam Cup etc !?

PS... Apparently some have labelled Damon a bit of a trouble maker and a Bra boy. !!?? f**k knows but.

Can anyone enlighten me further ??

Fair enough, but surely the top three teams would deserve to be represented a bit better than that.
I wish them well and hope they can get the cash.
You just have to wonder if it is fair dinkum or not.

Roland

Juniors
Does anyone who if Damon TOVIO and Tyrone Shelley have been playing for the Rhino's this season etc. They are both making P/League debut's for the jets this weekend when they play against the Bulldogs.

Jets are very depleted with Rudder and others playing NRL Roosters, and this would have to be ( on paper ) possibly the weakest side we have feilded thus far this season.

Was hoping some of you Beam fans might know a little more about em.

Roosters stated they are not affiliated/signed by to them, so am assuming they are mid season signings perhaps, ot have been playing in Beam Cup etc !?

PS... Apparently some have labelled Damon a bit of a trouble maker and a Bra boy. !!?? f**k knows but.

Can anyone enlighten me further ??

Alley Tovio has not been playing JBC. He was with the Bulldogs last year, Canberra before that and originally a prodigy at Souths where he played NRL in 2004.

Shelley played a game or 2 in JBC early in the season when Darren Brown was out but I think JJ Wright is now the bench hooker when Brown goes off, so Shelley may be in the Rhinos A Grade. He played A Grade for Wenty last year.

Big league has Luke Branighan and Albert Hopoate also listed in the Rhinos team while Luke Gordon is the backrow.

Rumour has it that Branighan has departed from the JEts and therefore will not play for the Rhino's again.
Instead he will line up with Cabramatta on the weekend.
Silly of the Jets to let him go.

Roland

Juniors
Rumour has it that Branighan has departed from the JEts and therefore will not play for the Rhino's again.
Instead he will line up with Cabramatta on the weekend.
Silly of the Jets to let him go.

What about Donny Thompson. Is he going to do the same thing or will be stick with Rhinos in the hope he gets promoted.

Roland

Juniors
Jai Ayoub has a contract with the Roosters but Newtown didnt pick him and Chester Hill didnt pick him so he started playing with Belrose even though the contract is still in place.

2 True Blues

Coach
Some interesting opinions. cheers guys. A step back in career for anyone going back to beam from p/league though. good luck...

Last edited:

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Mate:roll:..Terry yr a Genius.. with a Capital ..'G'.. yeah.. my nephs told me luke Branighan.. was at Thursday Training session.. where u get your sources from ceases to amaze me !! .. I Should get u 2 pick my L OTTO NUMBRS !!... ha ha lol..:lol:

2 True Blues

Coach
felt like a sh*t stir more than a source mate. heard the same elsewhere. Though hope they are wrong. What a career move in the wrong direction that would be for a bloke like him hey ??.

Might as well right his career off stepping back in quality by choice if so, ( unless the Roosters have a smorgesboard of that position, ( and on they actually do ) which actually adds some sensibility if not reality in hindsight though ??!>

PS... Nothing at all would surprsise me being a long term jets fan. Nothing at all.

2 True Blues

Coach
Mate:roll:..Terry yr a Genius.. with a Capital ..'G'.. yeah.. my nephs told me luke Branighan.. was at Thursday Training session.. where u get your sources from ceases to amaze me !! .. I Should get u 2 pick my L OTTO NUMBRS !!... ha ha lol..:lol:

Same lineup. Hope the 21 post sh*t stiring cunny ( whoever he REALLY was is wrong ).

Shaun Foley

Byron Ford
Damon Alley-Tovio
Toshio Laiseni
Rhys Pritchard
Luke Branighan
Ben Green
Steve Meredith
Tyrone Shelley
Ray Moujalli
Jimmy Andersen ©
Danny Howard
Rory Kostjasyn
Khalid Deeb
Luke Millwood
Hep Cahill
Albert Hopoate
Tevita Folau

Lineups on paper dont mean a thing.
Dont get over excited Cabra, the same source also told me that Luke would only be at Cabra for the remainder of this season and then he is more than likely to join another club close by.

Latest posts