What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2008 season

Also just in, Chester Hill backer, hotels boss Arthur Laundy is going all out next season to make the finals and will start making raids on rival clubs very soon.
Parker one of his targets.

Ram Man

Juniors
Wow what the hell is going on!
I also noticed yesterday in Big League that Dave Bayssari was not the Coach of the Bulls.
They had Warren Beaumont as coach instead.
Not sure if this is a typo or if something has happened but its a little strange to be getting rid of a coach in week 1 of the finals.
But like I said, it could be a typo.
Has anyone got any info on that?

Mail is that there are two factions in the playing ranks and the greater faction dont support Baysarri.
Management of the Bulls have also failed to support him and there could be a big shakeup over there soon.

Ram Man

Juniors
Baysarri and Cabra met last night, not sure of the outcome.
Burns has signed with WA.
Parker is gone.
Jones also targeted by Reds and is close to signing.

Can you confirm where Richie is going at all?
I know hes been up to Redcliffe twice but has come home both times because he didnt like it.
There is also rumour that he is heading to WA.
Unless you know of any other possible clubs he is going to???? :sarcasm:

Roland

Juniors
Semi final time. The 5th placed team was 6 points clear of the next highest so the teams will be playing under real pressure that has not existed during the round games.

Shellharbour have done a great job for St George this year with 4 of the current 17 in the NRL having played in the Marlins this year, but their record of 4 wins in the last 10 suggests they are just making up the numbers.

So the head to head between the top 4 looks like this:

Windsor - 6 wins, no losses - must be favourites

Bulls - 3 wins, 3 losses (beat Cabra twice, Mounties once)

Cabra - 2 wins against Mounties, 4 losses

Mounties - 1 win against Bulls, 5 losses.

then again, this could mean nothing come the weekend.

Ram Man

Juniors
Semi final time. The 5th placed team was 6 points clear of the next highest so the teams will be playing under real pressure that has not existed during the round games.

Shellharbour have done a great job for St George this year with 4 of the current 17 in the NRL having played in the Marlins this year, but their record of 4 wins in the last 10 suggests they are just making up the numbers.

So the head to head between the top 4 looks like this:

Windsor - 6 wins, no losses - must be favourites

Bulls - 3 wins, 3 losses (beat Cabra twice, Mounties once)

Cabra - 2 wins against Mounties, 4 losses

Mounties - 1 win against Bulls, 5 losses.

then again, this could mean nothing come the weekend.

Yeah you can pretty much throw all form out the window when it comes to finals, however, having played all teams, my opinion is:

5th Shellharbour: Pretty much making up the numbers. They did well when they had a heap of Dragons players but most of those have been taken away with the exception of Jon Green and Jardine Bobongie.
They play a fast brand of footy and hevily rely on their forwards to give their fullback and centre room to move. But I think they just lack that killer instinct. Still a good side though

4th Cabramatta: My tip to take it out.
Well coached, massive forwards who work very hard, with crafty halves in Jones and Branigan and some very handy outside back in Aiga and Burns, not to mention the underated Vaiotu boys are quite a handful on kick return.
The only thing that may hinder their success is injuries to key players over the last few weeks.

3rd Mounties: For mine they are a little inconsistent.
Are very capable of putting in some solid performances, but there is just something about them that I think may make them fall at the final hurdle.
Led well by Drew Dalton, and have a strong forward pack, they play solid no mistakes footy. But if you take them on up the middle they can be vulnerable, if you play with a lot of aggression. I think they will get done in the second qualifying final.

2nd Bulls: The biggest danger to Cabra.
Very well coached, strong forward back with some very experience halves who make you pay dearly for any mistakes and a natural try scorer in Barakat. Although there are reports there are trouble at the club with coaches and players, so this may have an effect on thier form, but I think they are too professional to let that effect them too much.

1st Windsor: Bit of a smokey really to take out the minor preniership IMO, but hey have flown under the radar most of the year. Trindall is the backbone of this team and everything revolves around him. He is the achillies heel. Very experienced and just knows what to do in every situation on the field. Good forwards and they do get a few players back from NSW Cup which I thyink has helped through the year. Could make the Grand Final if they play well and dont make mistakes.

Cabra to beat either the Bull or Windsor in the Grand Final

Roland

Juniors
Wow what the hell is going on!
I also noticed yesterday in Big League that Dave Bayssari was not the Coach of the Bulls.
They had Warren Beaumont as coach instead.
Not sure if this is a typo or if something has happened but its a little strange to be getting rid of a coach in week 1 of the finals.
But like I said, it could be a typo.
Has anyone got any info on that?

I went down to watch the Bulldogs flogg Auckland in the State Cup last week and the Bulls played after them. Although the program said that Beaumont was the coach Baysarri was clearly running everything.

A lot of the coaches and players are switching clubs all the time so I think that some of them put out false stories to put the other clubs off their guard.

mastermind

Juniors
I have it on good authority that Warren Beumont took the Bulls for training last night and Bayssari stood behind the goal post on his phone most of the night.

Roland

Juniors
Wenty halfback Luke Carr was training with Cabra during thr preseason and then disappeared.

He is in the USA and he scored 2 tries and 9 goals for New Haven in the grand final. The captain of New Haven is Siose Muliumu who played for Wenty for about 5 years. He has been in the US for a while and has also played for clubs in NZ, France and Britain. He played for his french club in a quarter final of the challenge cup against Wigan in 2004.

Also in the New Haven team as player-coach was another australian Matt Doeg who played some NRL.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Holy hell Cabra what happened to Richie Parker?
I got there at half time (after going to the wrong ground) and noticed he wasnt playing.
We missed him badly and I have to say those last three tries for the Sharks were very soft
I also overheard a guy dressed in full Cabra gear say that Alan Burns and Ritchie Parker had signed with the WA reds for next season.
We should have a ready made replacement for Burns, Parker will be hard to replace.
:lol:Mate i've Been Hiding & Laying low..after that Embarrassing Loss 2the Sharkies.. mate Sharkie & Roland has got the Last LAUGH ON ME:lol:..Nahh Serious left on Saturday Auckland Bound..30/8.. Just Got Back 2today sunday 7/9.. yeah SHOCKER..That loss 2the southern sharks.. but heard that Allan Burns Defense was Woeful in the Centres... Questions have to be Asked if his head is on the Job.. after just signing for Western Reds.. mate who won outta marlins & the 2blues ??... [just flew in from aukland !!..]..

Roland

Juniors
Marlins 24 Cabra 18
Bulls 34 Mounties 14

Very surprising result in the first game. It was all Cabra for the first 20 but the Marlins defence did well to limit it to 12-0. The way they have been going you might have thought they would just give up but they kept fighting and led 14-12 at half time.

More tries meant it was 24-12 before Aiga scored to close it to 6 points with 5 to go but the Marlins held strong. The winger Stewart had a sensational game stopping 4 or 5 tries with last ditch defence. Falemaka was back from 3 month suspension and added a bit of starch to Marlins pack and some go forward.

Branighan must have done an injury in the warm up. They were checking him before the game started and he came off after 4 minutes and could barely walk.

The second game was a good contest but the Bulls got on top to lead 22-6 before Mounties closed the gap but the Bulls finished stronger with another 2 tries.

Last edited:

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Yeap..Just Heard..its official, Cabra Lost 2the Marlins 24 -18.. Dissapointing End to the Season for the Two Blues.. Bit of De ja vue There.. so im Signing off for the year.. but the upside of this.. i've made some Good Mates on this Forum post Thing.. Lime Time... Ram Man... &... Terry The Parra God.

mastermind

Juniors
Warren Beamont led Bulls were outstanding in their 34-14 win. But it means nothing yet as the minor premiers await next week.

100yearsRL

Juniors
Marlins 24 Cabra 18
Bulls 34 Mounties 14

Very surprising result in the first game. It was all Cabra for the first 20 but the Marlins defence did well to limit it to 12-0. The way they have been going you might have thought they would just give up but they kept fighting and led 14-12 at half time.

More tries meant it was 24-12 before Aiga scored to close it to 6 points with 5 to go but the Marlins held strong. The winger Stewart had a sensational game stopping 4 or 5 tries with last ditch defence. Falemaka was back from 3 month suspension and added a bit of starch to Marlins pack and some go forward.

Branighan must have done an injury in the warm up. They were checking him before the game started and he came off after 4 minutes and could barely walk.

The second game was a good contest but the Bulls got on top to lead 22-6 before Mounties closed the gap but the Bulls finished stronger with another 2 tries.

Luke Branighan pulled a hamstring and thats why he only played 4 minutes. Footy can be cruel but no excuses for Cabra had plenty of ball.

100yearsRL

Juniors
What is going on with the Bulls setup, in program had Warren Beaumont as coach, when side announced at Wenty today, Baysarri was named as coach. Anyone got any idea?