What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2008 season

Holy hell Cabra what happened to Richie Parker?
I got there at half time (after going to the wrong ground) and noticed he wasnt playing.
We missed him badly and I have to say those last three tries for the Sharks were very soft.
I also overheard a guy dressed in full Cabra gear say that Alan Burns and Ritchie Parker had signed with the WA reds for next season.
We should have a ready made replacement for Burns, Parker will be hard to replace.

Roland

Juniors
Windsor beat Chester Hill to wrap up the minor premiership.

Next sunday at Ringrose Park

Elimination: Cabra vs Shellharbour at 1pm

Qualifying: Bulls vs Mounties at 3pm

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Also heard coach Lenny Stacker has only signed on head Club Coach for 2009, due to health reasons and Cabra have had the feelers out for a new Jim Beam Cup coach for next year

Holy hell Cabra what happened to Richie Parker?
I got there at half time (after going to the wrong ground) and noticed he wasnt playing.
We missed him badly and I have to say those last three tries for the Sharks were very soft.
I also overheard a guy dressed in full Cabra gear say that Alan Burns and Ritchie Parker had signed with the WA reds for next season.
We should have a ready made replacement for Burns, Parker will be hard to replace.

Ram Man

Juniors
Windsor 58 Chester Hill 26

Marlins 28 Belrose 24 (5 tries each but only 2 goals to Belrose)

We almost got home again!

We were in front with 4 to go...Shellharbour scored and then I got pulled up 10cm short of the line with 10 secs to go...Was getting up to play the ball...had it clearly stripped and the ref call full time...f**king referees in the Jim beam Cup are pathetic ill tell ya.:x

Roland

Juniors
Windsor led Chester Hill 28-26 early in the second half but then put on 30 points in the remainder of the game. Trindall scored 2 tries and 9 goals for 26 points.

Mounties led the Reds 34-26 but put on 24 points in the last part of the game.

The monthly magazine says that Erina, Belrose, Chester Hill and the Bulls have not committed to play in 2009.

Ram Man

Juniors
Windsor led Chester Hill 28-26 early in the second half but then put on 30 points in the remainder of the game. Trindall scored 2 tries and 9 goals for 26 points.

The monthly magazine says that Erina, Belrose, Chester Hill and the Bulls have not committed to play in 2009.

Rumour has it the Bulls are trying to get a NSW Cup side in, Chester Hill were belted from Pillar to post all year and at Belrose...its a simple matter of money. Without a leagues club its makes it difficult to put a side in the Jim Beam Cup with such high costs involved. We rely on sponsers heavily. So if we can secure some good sponsers, Im sure that Belrose will be in again...it all depends on the sponsers coming to the table :)

Footy tragic you are on the money, I asked a mate of mine last night who is close to senior management at Cabra and he confirmed that coach Stacker will not be at the club next year.
He also confirmed that caretaker coach Ruttle is not in the running for the position and they are going to search for a new coach with Bulls mentor David Baysarri a likely target.

The Wrong Eye

Juniors

Would there be any new sides into the comp ??
Pretty sad state of affairs with just 8 sides.

Ram Man

Juniors
Would there be any new sides into the comp ??
Pretty sad state of affairs with just 8 sides.

I hear there is interest in at least 1 if not 2 sides from the Penrith area coming into the competition. Belrose is still yet to be decided upon so dont count us out just yet. I think the Bulls will be dependant upon whether they can get into the NSW Cup, which is a definate possibility if not a probability. So at this stage maybe only 2 - 3 of theose teams may not play next year.

Roland

Juniors
When The Entrance dropped out last year they reckoned they would come back. They have gone through the Central Coast comp undefeated and in 17 games scored 840 points with only 180 against. So if the finances have improved they should come back rather than whacking the local teams.

100yearsRL

Juniors
Footy tragic you are on the money, I asked a mate of mine last night who is close to senior management at Cabra and he confirmed that coach Stacker will not be at the club next year.
He also confirmed that caretaker coach Ruttle is not in the running for the position and they are going to search for a new coach with Bulls mentor David Baysarri a likely target.

Terry I would like to bet against your rumour if one could. It was announced on the TV coverage on Wed that Len Stacker had been signed as head coach of the cabramatta club.
But it's great discussion we are only up to the first semi finals and the rumour mill is running hot. At least the off season will once again be full of rumour and gossip, most of it incorrect but at least entertaining. Gotta luv rugby league

He may be at the club, but not in his current capacity, which is a shame as he has done a great job this year and I hate this coaching merry go round that cabra get on all the time.
When you look at all the other JBC teams they seem to have stability there but Cabra always seem to have a new coach....

100yearsRL

Juniors
Terry I have to agree with you. I think the merry go round has been a significant contributor to Cabra not winning a major title since the inception of Metro CUP and then Jim Beam. Len Stacker and assistant coach Ruttle have done a marvellous job with the two blues. For Cabra's sake I hope they are both involved next year. Not only good football coaches but decent blokes as well.

LimeTime

Juniors
Terry I would like to bet against your rumour if one could. It was announced on the TV coverage on Wed that Len Stacker had been signed as head coach of the cabramatta club.
But it's great discussion we are only up to the first semi finals and the rumour mill is running hot. At least the off season will once again be full of rumour and gossip, most of it incorrect but at least entertaining. Gotta luv rugby league
I heard the same thing 100years, I'll put my money on them staying and I'll look forward to some entertaining reading throughout the off season

Baysarri and Cabra met last night, not sure of the outcome.
Burns has signed with WA.
Parker is gone.
Jones also targeted by Reds and is close to signing.