What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2008 season

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
How rubbish is the Australian RL media, including the home websites! The JBC results from Friday and Saturday aren't anywhere to be found online by Sunday evening! Incredible....
:xyeah your not wrong there screeny, i have to rely on people that actually go to the games & hopefully they post the scores in... other than that you Gotta wait Till tuesday for updates.. Pathetic.. if u ask me !!..:x

Roland

Juniors
Perth Red has posted the result on the WARL forum. He says that the Bulls got up 24-18 after leading by 22-6 earlier.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Perth Red has posted the result on the WARL forum. He says that the Bulls got up 24-18 after leading by 22-6 earlier.
:crazy: Hey Roland.. u were right, Campbeltown Eagles did Beat The Shellharbour Marlins.. a Friend of mine overheard a Bunch of Guys Talking about the Game.. he dos'nt know the score.. but he heard them say Shellharbour Lost !!..:shock:

Roland

Juniors
:crazy: Hey Roland.. u were right, Campbeltown Eagles did Beat The Shellharbour Marlins.. a Friend of mine overheard a Bunch of Guys Talking about the Game.. he dos'nt know the score.. but he heard them say Shellharbour Lost !!..:shock:

If the Marlins dont get 3 St George players back into the team I would not expect the Marlins to win another game this season.

These are the results i have so far

Marlins 26 lost to C'Town 40
Sth Syd 34 Defeated Belrose 28
Wenty lost to windsor 44-16 or something like that not to shore
Mounties 38 D Erina 16
Cabra 24 D Chesso 10
Syd Bulls 24 D Reds 18

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
These are the results i have so far

Marlins 26 lost to C'Town 40
Sth Syd 34 Defeated Belrose 28
Wenty lost to windsor 44-16 or something like that not to shore
Mounties 38 D Erina 16
Cabra 24 D Chesso 10
Syd Bulls 24 D Reds 18
..;-).. Great work Sharkie, your more Reliable than some of the.. ARL & NSWRL.. WEBSITES..that u have to wait Till Tuesday for Jim Beam Cup Results.. whoever is in Charge of public Media Relations there should get the Flick !!..

overtheline

Juniors
Just goes to show how much the St George Illawarra players propped up the Marlins. They have been without them for the past 2 weeks and have not done well at all. Does anyone know why the St George players have been pulled from the Marlins. Could be interesting going into the end of the season.

Ram Man

Juniors
... Thats an upset.. just last week..belrolse touched up the Bulls... that chance Bunce he looks like a Good prospect for the sharkies.. won't be too long B4 that dude plays NSW Cup for the cobras ..

We played absolutely rubbish football! (Belrose)
We argued more with the referee than concentrate on the game itself.
Started like a house on fire and scored 2 really quick tries then put the cue in the rack.
Mailangi Styles and Jimmy Curtis were standouts I thought, but they pretty much single handedly took them on in the middle. Greg 'Paris' Hilton played pretty well, making 2 clean breaks but had no support what so ever and he constantly troubled the Sharks on the fringes. Just the little 1% things are letting us down at the moment.
Also poor ground management from the Sharks as they are supposed to supply a doctor for the game and failed to do so, forcing one of our trainers to attend to a dislocation which they are not supposed to do!

Thats bad news about Ross Brown Carba, hes quite a good player, very tough to handle.
About the injuries....welcome to our world...we have been hammered with injuries all year, and just when we think we had all our players back on deck, another 2 or 3 blokes go down, the nature of the beast I guess.
I think the Sharks have avoided the wooden spoon with that win though because they were celebrating like they won the comp on Saturday.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
We played absolutely rubbish football! (Belrose)
We argued more with the referee than concentrate on the game itself.
Started like a house on fire and scored 2 really quick tries then put the cue in the rack.
Mailangi Styles and Jimmy Curtis were standouts I thought, but they pretty much single handedly took them on in the middle. Greg 'Paris' Hilton played pretty well, making 2 clean breaks but had no support what so ever and he constantly troubled the Sharks on the fringes. Just the little 1% things are letting us down at the moment.
Also poor ground management from the Sharks as they are supposed to supply a doctor for the game and failed to do so, forcing one of our trainers to attend to a dislocation which they are not supposed to do!

Thats bad news about Ross Brown Carba, hes quite a good player, very tough to handle.
About the injuries....welcome to our world...we have been hammered with injuries all year, and just when we think we had all our players back on deck, another 2 or 3 blokes go down, the nature of the beast I guess.
I think the Sharks have avoided the wooden spoon with that win though because they were celebrating like they won the comp on Saturday.
G'day Ram Man.. yeah, i've only only seen Belrose play once this season..but what i saw was alot of individual Talent.. That mailangi & Delaivuna they have potential..theres Talent right around the park 4u Guys.. but speaking out of the square box... it lacks something of a Cohesive nature, i reckon if u guys could Gel together as one unit.. u guys could be one of the Trump Cards for next Season..in saying that, we cabra have Formed some "Cohesion" just in the last 6weeks..which explains 7wins in a Row.. Ross Brown will be hard to Replace..but James Roche is Doing a Good job at the moment for Rossy the ox !!..

Ram Man

Juniors
G'day Ram Man.. yeah, i've only only seen Belrose play once this season..but what i saw was alot of individual Talent.. That mailangi & Delaivuna they have potential..theres Talent right around the park 4u Guys.. but speaking out of the square box... it lacks something of a Cohesive nature, i reckon if u guys could Gel together as one unit.. u guys could be one of the Trump Cards for next Season..in saying that, we cabra have Formed some "Cohesion" just in the last 6weeks..which explains 7wins in a Row.. Ross Brown will be hard to Replace..but James Roche is Doing a Good job at the moment for Rossy the ox !!..

Yeah not only the cohesion but we also lack the depth that we need to still be competitive when we have injuries. We did blood a few young blokes this year which can only help us in the long run. Mailangi has already played NRL for Manly so we were lucky that he came back from England and he was keen to play for us but he has been outstanding the last few weeks. With myself and Jim Curtis unavailable, it was getting a little thin up front but Mailangi stood up big time and has helped our younger front rowers and they have played better for it as well. Young Tom Bitmead has played for us in the last 6 weeks I think and has improved with every game and will be all the more better for it next year with a full off season under his belt.
We have proved that we can match and beat the best sides in the comp (Having thumped Mounties and beat the Bulls) when we have our head screwed on.
But we need some more cohesion there is no doubt about that. :)

Hey Ram, I agree with Cabra about the individual thing and hope you guys can get it together for next season.
The game against Cabra @ Cabra was a point when Cabra led early and you guys came home with a wet sail, only the clock beating you that night.
It was when you started playing as a team that the points came.

Ram Man

Juniors
Hey Ram, I agree with Cabra about the individual thing and hope you guys can get it together for next season.
The game against Cabra @ Cabra was a point when Cabra led early and you guys came home with a wet sail, only the clock beating you that night.
It was when you started playing as a team that the points came.

Yeah very true.
With so many new players in a team it can be tough to gel and I think that has shown through this year.
We struggle with depth like I said before because its so hard to attract the amount of quality players needed to be successful in JBC.
We have guys that we call up last minute because Manly take a few of our top players and then have guys who are quite ready for JBC have to step up. All the boys have done a good job though, but just the consistency of the team make up and the amount of new players hurt us year in year out. Not to mention injuries to key players at crucial stages in the year.
The good thing is, the amount of local juniors who are getting their chance in JBC and taking it with both hands...can only be a good thing for us in the future.:)

Ram Man

Juniors
Just goes to show how much the St George Illawarra players propped up the Marlins. They have been without them for the past 2 weeks and have not done well at all. Does anyone know why the St George players have been pulled from the Marlins. Could be interesting going into the end of the season.

Good point that!

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
The good thing is, the amount of local juniors who are getting their chance in JBC and taking it with both hands...can only be a good thing for us in the future.:)[/quote]..;-) Thats the Formula.. Cabra is using at the Moment & it is coming up Trumps mate.. the club Did'nt Buy Any major Signings last year.. apart from a New Coach..& some Reshuffling in the coaching & management.. u can't say Luke Branighan is a major signing as he played for us last year.. This year season has been the Remarkable Rise of the Rookies from.. A Grade.. & I Put it To the Culture of the club.. The Coaching staff & Ground Staff Management ..The Enviroment of the club is in a Healthy Predicament.

Last edited:

Ram Man

Juniors
The good thing is, the amount of local juniors who are getting their chance in JBC and taking it with both hands...can only be a good thing for us in the future.:)
..;-) Thats the Formula.. Cabra is using at the Moment & it is coming up Trumps mate.. the club Did'nt Buy Any major Signings last year.. apart from a New Coach..& some Reshuffling in the coaching & management.. u can't say Luke Branighan is a major signing as he played for us last year.. This year season has been the Remarkable Rise of the Rookies from.. A Grade.. & I Put it To the Culture of the club.. The Coaching staff & Ground Staff Management ..The Enviroment of the club is in a Healthy Predicament.[/quote]

The thing with that Cabra is you have a strong A Grade to get the young up and comers. We seem to struggle to have a competitive A Grade in the Manly comp. Ray Windle is the coach and he does a great job, but with so many injuries during the year in JBC and guys getting pulled into the top grade, it makes it hard and our depth at the club is a little low. We have to rely on kids, which is tough on them but like I said, it will be good for them in the future.
We had a very strong squad in Pre-Season Training and were looking good for a semi final birth, but after about the first 4 weeks of JBC, a lot of bloke got disheartened because they werent getting a gig in JB and just left the club. You cant really blame them I suppose but the thing is, they went to other A Grade clubs and they definately would have got their chance during the year with the amount of injuries we have had this year.
I suppose a lot of it has to do with patience, but that can be tough....I have zero patience so I can see where they are coming from I guess!

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
..;-) Thats the Formula.. Cabra is using at the Moment & it is coming up Trumps mate.. the club Did'nt Buy Any major Signings last year.. apart from a New Coach..& some Reshuffling in the coaching & management.. u can't say Luke Branighan is a major signing as he played for us last year.. This year season has been the Remarkable Rise of the Rookies from.. A Grade.. & I Put it To the Culture of the club.. The Coaching staff & Ground Staff Management ..The Enviroment of the club is in a Healthy Predicament.

The thing with that Cabra is you have a strong A Grade to get the young up and comers. We seem to struggle to have a competitive A Grade in the Manly comp. Ray Windle is the coach and he does a great job, but with so many injuries during the year in JBC and guys getting pulled into the top grade, it makes it hard and our depth at the club is a little low. We have to rely on kids, which is tough on them but like I said, it will be good for them in the future.
We had a very strong squad in Pre-Season Training and were looking good for a semi final birth, but after about the first 4 weeks of JBC, a lot of bloke got disheartened because they werent getting a gig in JB and just left the club. You cant really blame them I suppose but the thing is, they went to other A Grade clubs and they definately would have got their chance during the year with the amount of injuries we have had this year.
I suppose a lot of it has to do with patience, but that can be tough....I have zero patience so I can see where they are coming from I guess![/quote]
yeah Ram Man.. your'e only Too Right mate.. Those issues Happen at the Cabra club also.. i don't Blame the young blokes from AGrade & CGrade Looking to venture into Other clubs for a shot at JBC.. like when mounties jumped aboard the JBC Venture 2years ago... Cabra had a Big Pre season Training camp that year... a few Cabra juniors got Disheartened & crossed the Border into MT Pritchard teritory & joined the Mounties Squad ..

LimeTime

Juniors
yeah Ram Man.. your'e only Too Right mate.. Those issues Happen at the Cabra club also.. i don't Blame the young blokes from AGrade & CGrade Looking to venture into Other clubs for a shot at JBC.. like when mounties jumped aboard the JBC Venture 2years ago... Cabra had a Big Pre season Training camp that year... a few Cabra juniors got Disheartened & crossed the Border into MT Pritchard teritory & joined the Mounties Squad ..
Cabra ,you mean they crossed to the darkside :D

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Cabra ,you mean they crossed to the darkside :D
..:lol:ha ha lol.. Hey Limey mate Good 2have ya Back on Board.. yeah ..The Dark Side Indeed. hey u should have seen the Turnout at the Chester Hill Game, from my side of the stand..lucky if there were 20 people & the visitor side maybe 30 people.. mate we've won 8 games in a Row.. wheres the CABRA LOYAL'S ??..:lol:

Latest posts