What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2008 season

mastermind

Juniors
Yeah, we can see how'd he'd fit perfectly into your culture.
As for the corporate box, i can see your jealousy with the fact we get enough supporters to a game to fill it and the stands. Must be uplifting to raise the trophy for 30 odd supporters

I'm interested if you would be so kind as to to tell me about our culture, reminding you of the success we've had in the Jim Beam Cup.

What you are hinting, is that its OK to have a club with no culture, no spirit, no passion - as long as you fill the stands you say. Interesting marketing and business concept. Tell me more !!!!!!!!!!!!

And by the way I'll be at training tonight for the Grand Final if you don't hear from me before tomorrow.

Last edited:

Footy Tragic

Juniors
I don't think you understand the meaning of the word club. One side makes a team. Where as 30 sides make a club. Our culture and success comes from all those 30 sides and the good people that contribute to them. Developing our own kids to hopefully play at higher levels. It is something I'm sure you and our ex Jim Beam Cup coach don't understand

Footy Tragic

Juniors
What does your GF training entail tonight? Revivision for certain staff of the abuse of officials techniques, or the straight out rant and rave til you get your own way drills?

mastermind

Juniors
I don't think you understand the meaning of the word club. One side makes a team. Where as 30 sides make a club. Our culture and success comes from all those 30 sides and the good people that contribute to them. Developing our own kids to hopefully play at higher levels. It is something I'm sure you and our ex Jim Beam Cup coach don't understand

I'm sorry, I don't carry a dictionary around to get an official defintion of the word 'club' but in saying that this forum has been about comparing your Jim Beam Cup side to ours. In any rate I can only imagine its every kids aspiration at your club to play at the highest level in your club which is the Jim Beam Cup, otherwise its an even sadder state at your club.

I can only imagine that at Under 6's training the coach would say something like; "Hey Sammy stop mucking around, don't you want to be like Scott Jones one day in the Jim Beam Cup in front of lots of people and earning lots of money". Little Sammy's response: "No bro they always lose. I want to be like my mates dad Wino who plays for the Bulls. They always beat us. They have lots of fun over there, all we do is a hundred 100's for training and can't catch the ball".

You use the word developing very loosly as the bulk if not all you juniors are developed for Parramatta and their record speaks for itself over the last 20 years.

Your ex Jim Beam Cup coach might not have understood then, but I can assure you he understands now. Maybe you should take a leaf out of his book.

LimeTime

Juniors
Well ,Its started and the Season isn't over, the last 3 pages have been very interesting and entertaining reading , As 100years said a few posts back, I hope this is just a taste of whats to come, the roumors, Gossip,
"Facts " & eye witness reports all make for Fantastic reading while enjoying a nice cold one after a hard day at work ( lol I havn't even picked up the big league yet) ,I'm not going to put my 2 bob's worth in , I'll leave that for others, as everyone is doing such a great job as it is,
But what I will say isthat There are many teams at Cabra ,and Many Many passionate people ,the corporate box and it's "seagulls" are a very small portion of the club. a sad portion .....

Last edited:

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Yeah, you maybe right.
But I can also see a son of one of your team asking his old man, "why can't i play for the same team as you?" And the old man saying back "Don't worry i'll take you to Cabra where people put time and money into kids. You may even one day get the opportunity to play at the highest level from there like many of their kids"
With all due respect the Jim Beam Cup is a fantastic semi professional competition but I'm doubting there are many young kids growing up and dreaming of playing JBC, they are all dreaming of playing NRL and for Australia.
I also find it puzzling that despite making the GF again, which is a fantastic effort, you at the Bulls still have this great jealousy of Cabra, its money, and facilities

Ram Man

Juniors
Getting back to the footy....Anyone got any inside news or tips for the 2 teams for this weekends Grand Final Qualifyer?
Can Windsor bounce back from the absolute pantsing the Bulls gave them or will Mounties come back to a bit of form and get rid of the Minor Premiers for 2008.

I think Mounties are the only real chance of beating the Bulls.

Im tipping Mounties to win over the Wolves.
(Although the last time I tipped someone for JBC they were out the first week of them Semi's...sorry Cabra...)

Roland

Juniors
Ironically the Bulls scored 50 againt the Entrance in the first week last year but the Tigers won the comp 3 weeks later.

The difference this year is that Windsor have players out injured and others had to go up to the State Cup side so I just dont think there is enough left to turn it around.

Another hot day for a midday game.

Ram Man

Juniors
Ironically the Bulls scored 50 againt the Entrance in the first week last year but the Tigers won the comp 3 weeks later.

The difference this year is that Windsor have players out injured and others had to go up to the State Cup side so I just dont think there is enough left to turn it around.

I did hear reports that Windsor had a lot of players out injured or up in NSW Cup but I dont really think they would have made 50 points difference from all reports, the Bulls were white hot and not many teams would have stopped them.
But have the Bulls played their Grand Final game 3 weeks early...time will tell.

Footy tragic you are on the money, I asked a mate of mine last night who is close to senior management at Cabra and he confirmed that coach Stacker will not be at the club next year.
He also confirmed that caretaker coach Ruttle is not in the running for the position and they are going to search for a new coach with Bulls mentor David Baysarri a likely target.
:lol:Terry where do you get this garbage? Stacker and Ruttle were ok'd at the clubs last board meeting. Stacker has had an agreement to coach with the club for a few months now. Your mate who is close to senior management, what does he do ? clean tables.

:lol:
Baysarri and Cabra met last night, not sure of the outcome.
Burns has signed with WA.
Parker is gone.
Jones also targeted by Reds and is close to signing.
:lol:More garbage from the same bloke. Baysarri and Cabra have never met. Never. Read my type. Never. Burns, Parker and Jones off to WA. Your off with the fairies fruit cake.

100yearsRL

Juniors

Surely common sense would have prevailed and these games could have kicked off at 4.30pm . It is absurd to that the Windsor & Mounties have to kick off at 11.45am. What are they U6s . Not fair and takes away from the competition. NSWRl won't listen to the common supporter no one ever does :sarcasm:

I take this opportunity to set the record straight on a number of matters at the Sydney Bulls.

Money does buy a lot of things but it doesn’t buy grand finals. Success is achieved through good decision making and by having spirit and culture. At our club we have an abundance of spirit that some clubs like Cabra only dream about. Success at our club is like a disease and we are all poisoned by it.

Lets talk about Warren Beaumont. A nicer more loyal and genuine bloke you will never meet. For whatever reasons he left Cabra, and I can assure you there are no hangovers, he’s over them now but it seems a few people over there can’t come to terms with the fact that he is at a successful club now. Success that they only dream of. His smile from ear to ear since last Saturday shows how much it means to him. The players and officials at our club are so very happy to have ‘Beauy’ around.

Let’s talk about David Bayssari. This bloke could get a job anywhere else (and 4 grand finals in 4 years is a record not to be looked down on) but he chooses to be at the Bulls. Cabra would take him tomorrow if they could. He like everyone else is so very passionate about the Bulls. He’ll be here for a few years yet.

Success at our club is achieved through hard work. We only sign those that we believe meet our high standards. Those that don’t leave as quickly as they come in. In 2006 we signed a front rower from Queensland whose training ethic was poor and always injured. He realised very quickly that opportunities at our club are to be earned and not just given out. He lasted about 6 weeks before he went to the local ‘A’ grade comp. If you don’t believe me, ask Ram Man.

Those that sit behind a user name on an internet chat page claiming our club officials act disgracefully should can come down to training on a Tuesday or Thursday night at The Crest and see just how harmonious and happy our club is. They can also see how happy people like Paul Winterstein is to play at our club and why he turned down an offer to play at Cabra – for more money I might add. Why people like Adam Tippet came back ‘home’ from playing at Cabra. It’s called success and as I stated at the outset success at our club is like a disease and we are all poisoned by it.
:lol: Lets set the record staight on what your setting the record straight on. First off why bring Cabra into your article. Cabra don't dream about the bulls sucess. Are you for real. As for Mr Beaumont he still has asperations of being at Cabra in the future. He is at the moment trying to get momentem rolling to launch himself onto the Cabra board next year. And thats a fact mr Mastermind. He also wishes to use our gym. Why doesnt he use yours? One thing we agree on "we hope he's at your club for a few more years yet". As for Mr Tippett he wasn't in Cabra's plans for 2008. In fact the only plans he was in were Mr Beaumonts. And Paul Winterstien well nobody can recall him ever being offered a contract at Cabra. As for the disease's at your club you can keep em.:lol:

mmmmmmm strange Parra God - I was at Cabra afterwards and witnessed nothing but friendship and goodwill between Warren and his many friends and players at the club. I'm guessing that if his behaviour was as you've reported at the club, you would have also witnessed him being spoken to by security - which you wouldn't have because what you're saying is a bunch of lies.

But, thanks for letting us know the details of your playing/coaching achivements - they were pretty much as we had expected.

And you know, you are right about there being something quite unique about the Bulls - it's called "A Winning Culture"!

Perhaps next time you witness something you obviously have a problem with, you should simply approach whoever it is and state your opinion to their face - as opposed to remaining anonymous and attacking them via this forum. But I guess that's a show of character isn't it?!
:shock: Ohh. Bunch of lies. Wow thats childish. Is 13 your age. No you were at the club wern't you. Well you may have noticed that Mr beaumonts relationship with the A grade is splitting our great club. It's not a healthy relationship. And yes he has all right to be at the club.

I am only reporting on what I have seen or heard, you make up your own mind if it truth or not.
You are right, my source does wipe tables, but is still close to senior management and I am told that there efforts to find a replacement coach were proving fruitless so in the interest of stability they met with Stacker and Ruttle and they possed a very healthy argument for them to stay on which I personally think is the right move.
You better be sure about Burns and Parker cause I am still hearing that Burns is off to WA and Parker is going to Chester Hill.
If you are as close to senior amangement as you sound it would be wise to try and re-sign them now.

Cabra4eva

Juniors
Finaly Im home just three more weeks of community service and Im done :crazy:....gents never said I would say it but drove down John Street and felt a tingle.. Just 120 sleeps until I get to see cabra run around again at New Era.:lol:

Wheresthemoneygoneboys? I think your being a bit harsh to Terrytheparragod he has been a failry huge fan of us from memory just a little ill informed at times but mate he is cabra and like me I hope we just get it all on track to finally win one.

I know one thing that stacker bloke goes alright and I think he might just be the man to do it at this level I think we need his experience. With new sides coming in I think it will be even tougher. To be honest I think we need to take a look at our cattle before we move on another coach. That winno bloke from bulls has been around for a while and good solid player and jolly is a local junior so lets get em we need the experience.

It hurts me to say it but I think we also need another centre surely the bloke who scored all the points for the bulls or the centre at the bulls from windsor last year butler that should be our focus and the rest locals thats our key to success and prayer.

And the big one that hurst me even more Yates gents maybe its time to say goodbye it hurts me but the point system thingy it cruels us and his worth the most in the whole comp :(

Anyway I think a couple of you blokes need to find god. I m not goin tommorow but may god be with youse all.:D

Footyfan13

Juniors
Wheresthemoneygoneboys?

Just to let you know - you can rest assured that my friend Warren Beaumont has absolutely no intention or desire to run for the Cabra board. That way I'm sure those who so desperately need to rely on the old adage "it's not what you know, it's who you know" to keep their positions , or get a job will be able to do so.

As for his desire to train at the gym, I would suggest that having been instrumental in having the gym installed at Cabra and also being a life member of the club, it sounds like a pretty reasonable request to me to be able to use it.

I think you can pretty much be assured that Mr Beaumont has well and truly moved on and up from Cabra and has no intention of moving backwards.

Finally, in relation to your correct statement that Mr Beaumont has many friends from the A grade - in fact he has friends from many teams throughout the club. I fail to see how this can "split your club". Real men realise the value of mateship, which is not as fragile as you and some others at your club might like to think.

It's a shame that some who have obviously never put a boot on are so quick to judge a past player who showed loyalty and earned his respect on the field. That's why respected players like Matt Hamilton, have remained very close friends with him.

:lol::p:cool:

Ram Man

Juniors
I am only reporting on what I have seen or heard, you make up your own mind if it truth or not.
You are right, my source does wipe tables, but is still close to senior management and I am told that there efforts to find a replacement coach were proving fruitless so in the interest of stability they met with Stacker and Ruttle and they possed a very healthy argument for them to stay on which I personally think is the right move.
You better be sure about Burns and Parker cause I am still hearing that Burns is off to WA and Parker is going to Chester Hill.
If you are as close to senior amangement as you sound it would be wise to try and re-sign them now.

I think you can cancel Richie Parker going to Chester Hill as I heard they have dropped out of the Jim Beam Cup. Or so I was told at a Board meeting on Wednesday night. I also heard that there are only 4 clubs currently signed on for the JBC and 4 teams for the NSW Cup for the 2009 season.
Not to mention that there are some strong suggestions that the Bulls and Shellharbour are going into are moving to the NSW Cup next year.
Can anyone of the Bulls people here confirm that, as I know it was a goal of theirs to move up to that comp.
Seems like a logical move to be honest.

100yearsRL

Juniors
After reading in the paper yesterday in regard to the Clubs NSW report it is evident that many clubs are struggling financially with poker machine laws and anti smoking laws. It is a big committment to enter teams in these competitions and it will be interesting to see if certain clubs withdraw from either competitions. A shame but maybe a fact of life that times are a changing.