What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup - Fixtures, Teams and Results

Nfed

Juniors
Windsor beat The Entrance 22-6. Asquith, now with former Castleford coach, Dave Woods, in charge, drew 30-30 with Wenty. Wenty were down 30-16 in the second half and got a penalty wide out with 9 seconds on the clock. Mowbray converted to grab the draw. Belrose beat Newtown 30-22 and the game between Cabra and Erina (with Mark Horo in charge) was abandoned at half time in horrendous circumstanes.

2 True Blues

Coach
Bulls beat the Jets even though they had a good early lead. Check out the Jets forum for game details etc......

Jonelle

Juniors
Great updates guys.

Does anyone know if Cabra gets any points for the game against Erina after that tragedy occured as rumours has it that Erina are pulling out since they are coming last and only have 2x games to play? Half time score was 16 to Cabra, 10 Erina.
Noticed Cabra have been sitting on 18x points for some time now.
Cabra has been doing so well and esp with new coaching management that has led them with winning streaks and after that tragendy last weekend the boys have been pretty down and set back physically and emotionally over that weekends tragedy. Hope to see them pick up and continue where they left off.

Great to see JBC TELEVISED! About time and they all deserve it!

Nfed

Juniors
Erina is going to play on Sunday. The team is attending the funeral in Ballina on saturday, leaving central coast early morning taking bus to Sydney and then plane and will be back saturday night and then play on sunday.

Cabra get 2 for the bye this week and play The Entrance on Wednesday night. If they win that they will be 22. I imagine that Cabra will only seek completion of last week's game if they need 2 points to finish in top 3, otherwise they will probably settle for 1 point.

Jonelle

Juniors
Erina are still in?! I can't believe it, good on them! They're hanging in there and moving forward. Good news!

As for Cabra I believe ERina were more than happy to give the points to Cabra and settle for the half time score etc... they deserve to know their standings, whether they replay Erina, or come to a decision that is fair or take the 1/2 time score otherwise settle for 1x pointers each etc...
If Cabra incld Erina does not get any points for that particular round than they would be unfairly done by compared to everyone else in the comp. Their bye nor catch up game has nothing to do with it.

Nfed

Juniors
If the effects of the byes and deferred results are removed the table looks like this:

Bulls 85%, Cabra 67%, Wenty 65%, Newtown 58%, Windsor 57%, Entrance 42%.

Newtown may already have enough points to get in but if Entrance beat the 3 teams they beat in the final 3 rounds of the 1st half they will have 20 (plus the deferred game against Cabra).

Newtown play Bulls, Cabra and Windsor in the last 3 rounds

Jonelle

Juniors
Excellent statistics.
Oh well we'll know by next week Cabra's standings and wish them luck against The Entrance ;-)

2 True Blues

Coach
Yet having said that they still have some more then capable and talented players left in the tanks !!!!! GO THE BLUEBAGS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonelle

Juniors
The Entrance Tigers lastnight were defeated 30 - 10 by Cabramatta Blues during their catch up game. Cabramatta on 24pts now takes Wentworthvilles place on the table to sit at 2nd place.

Jeffles

Bench
Spot on Nfed. I just rang Phillip St. I neede to know myself as I am updating the Jim Beam Cup ladder.

Jonelle

Juniors
As far as I've heard, the game was forfeited and a decision between the two clubs 'Erina and Cabra' had decided to settle that game at the half time score.

2 True Blues

Coach
What was that half time score ??? Or did I miss it above ETC ???

Big game for the depleted jets outfit this weekend against cabra at Henson...A must win game......

mono_mal

Juniors
Newtown claimed an important victory over Cabra on Saturday at Henson, ending Cabras impressive winning run.
Newtown had the other hand early before Cabra buckled down, finished their sets, and on the back of greater field position posted 3 quick tries. Newtown were able to obtain dominance though and stole a late victory.
1st game of Jim Beam ive seen this year and I was impressed with the quality on display. Hope to get out to more games in coming weeks.

2 True Blues

Coach
Awesome effort by the Jets on saturday, bringing cabramatta's ten games in row winning record to an end, and taking a step in the right direction towards a Henson Park home semi final game. How dusty was the ground though. The council have to stop hiring the fricken ground out, they are stuffing it up !!!!

Jeffles

Bench
Cabras heavy schedule brouught them back to the field. They've been a very imprssive side to date. The top 3 in JBC look very interesting.