What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup - Fixtures, Teams and Results

Jonelle

Juniors
Girvie: Yeah I heard Sua has definitely been signed up for the Sharkies 2007.

Is Ben Ellis related to Casey Ellis of Cabramatta?

Nfed

Juniors
Yes, in fact I saw Ben Ellis at Leichhardt today watching his brother Casey: he is a regular at Cabra games. Third brother Shay played with Cabra last year and the three of them played together in the NSW Maori tournament at St Mary's last year.

Nfed

Juniors
It would have been better if the send off incident in the Cabra-Bulls game hadn’t happened, and for us to have seen the game played out in full with both Ross Brown and Charlie Farah (who took no further part). But it happened and we can all watch the replay on Foxtel during the week. I’ve never seen Ross do anything like that before, but Farah is a foot taller than him and to see him unconscious immediately, collapsed onto other players, was not nice.
It did take the pressure off the Bulls, but they had already been over the line twice and missed tries in the first 10 minutes. They played disciplined and deliberate football after that – totally against the grain and never their strong suit. I haven’t seen them tackle better or harder all year. Neither team was suited by the torrential rain and gusting winds – but it made for a very slow paced game which nullified the Bulls extra man advantage a bit.
Fred Briggs and Steve Jolly were outstanding. The Bulls still managed to score a great long distance try to complete the day – which will look good on their first Foxtel appearance this week.
In the earlier game, was good to see Wenty show a bit of ticker to come back from a big deficit and they had their chances to take it, but proved not to be good enough. Again they will just have to get their trophies in the Parra JRL.
Newtown’s chances next week will be diminished if the rumour is true that Luke Millward’s jaw was broken in the last play of the game…

girvie

Staff member
Jonelle said:
Girvie: Yeah I heard Sua has definitely been signed up for the Sharkies 2007.

Is Ben Ellis related to Casey Ellis of Cabramatta?

Nfed said:
Yes, in fact I saw Ben Ellis at Leichhardt today watching his brother Casey: he is a regular at Cabra games. Third brother Shay played with Cabra last year and the three of them played together in the NSW Maori tournament at St Mary's last year.

Yeah Ben and Casey are brothers. Casey is often at North Sydney Oval watching the Bears.

It is a shame for the Bears that Eddie has signed with Cronulla, but good luck to him there i hope he has a great year next season and cracks an NRL spot. He has been exciting to watch this year.

Jonelle

Juniors
Nfed, yes we will watch the foxtel replay. I heard during the game yesterday that they reviewed the tackle during the game and it was a good tackle and it may have seemed that Farah once tackled fell onto Willies shoulders that knocked him cold etc... and did not know why Ross was sent off. But yet thats just like hearing through chinese whispers so I agree, wait for the outcome tomorrow at judiciary etc...

Ben Ellis I hear is kicking butt. Good on the brothers. Casey originally played in Wenty with Francis Betham for a couple of years for Jim Beam then both decided to jet off together to Cabramatta 2004 :) Casey has picked up so much over the years and believe he's got alot to achieve if he keeps up the great work!
I hope to see Francis on the field this week as he got injured in yesterdays match, he missed out the clash against Newtown last month too. Francis is another consistent big player in the backs. He originally switched rugby codes in year 2001 playing union all his life in NZ then deciding to make a last minute change in wanting to play league when moving over to Sydney in 2001. His first year of league was in Cabra where he played up and down between A Grade & Metro cup and that year they won A Grade where Francis was man of the match whilst playing with Warren Beaumont who is presently now their coach :)

I hope that it will be much better weather this weekend...!
And once again Good Luck to all sides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girvie, i hear Eddie was mainly on the bench with Bears etc... and lucky enough for him he gets contracted from Sharkies... well he is young and a big fella and feel that once fitter and in top shape he will make a really good forward!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
JBC Week Three, Leichhardt Oval 3:00pm, Sat Sep 16:
Newtown v Cabramatta

JBC Grand Final, Telstra Stadium, Sat Sep 23:
Sydney Bulls v NWT/CAB

Bluebag

Juniors
Luke Millwood does have a broken jaw in two places after kicking the ball in the lastseconds of the game. Graff hit him with an elbow and will have more probs other than the judiciary, he made a swinging arm tackle the one before and only missed the 5/8 then blindsided Luke.

Luke will have an operation on Monday and his season is over.

Jonelle

Juniors
Hey I saw that hit from Graff right at the end of the match. That was sooooooo unneccessary. I had a feeling it would end up to be a serious injury, becos the poor guy was in so much pain. Not good at all. Poor sportsmanship.

2 True Blues

Coach
Jets will still beat Cabra next weekend. But the loss of Luke will be costly to the side. get well soon Luke.....And to the bastard dog that hit him with a cheap shot.....f**k You !!!!!

Jonelle

Juniors
Can anyone confirm which clubs will be joining or rejoining the JBC comp 2007.

So far what I hear, and not sure if true: St Marys, Guildford and newcomers Chester Hill, Blacktown, Seven Hills etc... Yes o' Westies...!

Nfed

Juniors
Only announcement so far is Shellharbour. Blacktown and Seven Hills may be the same team. Seven Hills formed a joint venture with Blacktown City Demons Soccer club and applied to join JBC for 2006 season. If admitted in 2007 they intend to play as Blacktown Demons. The Blacktown City JRLC currently plays in the Penrith comp but has secured a new ground for next year and it is in the Parramatta area, so if nothing else they could be switching to Parra League.

Dont know about St Marys but Guildford have not got in A1 grade semis in any of the 3 years since they dropped back from JBC and Chester Hill would be weaker still, so I think those 2 are unlikely.

Bluebag

Juniors
There was talk at Souths juniors that they reenter a JBC team as they are not 100%supportive of their players going through the Bears system. They want to see their juniors wearing red and green as often as possible.
Interesting to see how that pans out.

Mr Saab

Referee
22-6.
I was there.
Number 10 for Cabramatta was very impressive. He went forward every tackle.
Was involved in a massive collision with a Jets player. Watch the replay on Fox.

2 True Blues

Coach
I was out at the game. Jets scored some very good trys, great effort in defence holding out a determined non stop attack as well !!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Was disgusted at that cowardly dog Wenty player that broke MILWOOD's ( The little generals ) jaw the other week, and I hope he get s better as quickly as can be expected. The current half back situation did have it's moments and I thought worked pretty well against Cabra, ( Who finishd their season scoring 6 points in two semi appearance games ).

However the bulls will certainly be a challenge !!!!!

Latest posts