What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup - Fixtures, Teams and Results

2 True Blues

Coach
How many missed opportunities did the Jets have in the first half though Jeffles. We could have led by more than 14 nil at halftime, though I reckon we defended really well in the first half to keep them scoreless though....

Nfed

Juniors
The Bulls had 3 players injured in Premier League on Friday night, so Jolly did not play but Farah and Hadley have to play the last 5 games to qualify for the semis so both just walked on and off the field and a 2 man bench rotated.

Bluebag

Juniors
I thought that Jim Beam was done on majority of games not the 5 games as is done in PL and flegg.

Did the league change it this year?

Jonelle

Juniors
Wow all the excitement of the SeMi's @ Oki Jubilee!!!!!!!!!
The clash with Newtown and Windsor will be a great game to watch. Windsor has been pretty down this last half of the season. Hope to see them play a better footy game on Sat. And what about Newtown, they're just Firing!!!
Wentworthville will be after revenge on Sat against the Two Blue Giants!
Watched it on Foxtel after work, the usual having to record the games but what a great action game to watch!
Sydney Bulls will be making most of their rest and planning this week. The only two teams that have ever defeated the Bulls this season was Cabramatta and Windsor. SydneyBulls have the confidence and skills to throw their ball all over the field and keep it alive where most of their yards are gained. They're not hard to beat at all :) Good defence stops Sydney Bulls in their tracks. They definitely have a great side this year and Congratulations to the Jim Beam Cup Minor Premiers for 2006!
Good luck to all teams!
Go TWO BLUES!!!!!!!!!!! Whoop Whoop!!!!!!

Nfed

Juniors
Some good points there Jonelle but not all the Bulls are resting this week. There are 6 or 7 playing in Premier League for the Bulldogs at Penrith on sunday. It will be fingers crossed on the injury front but if they come through unscathed at least some of the team will not have to worry about the effects of having a week off.

Jonelle

Juniors
Well its good to know!
Oh well, it goes both ways, what we all hope for are non- injuries this week for all players playing in the Jim Beam semi's tomorrow esp the team you support. I know thats just part of the game.

girvie

Staff member
After watching the Cabramatta vs. Wentworthville game on foxtel i was really impressed with Casey Ellis for Cabramatta.

He was unlucky to be injured during trials with the Bears Premier League squad. When he came back from injury the other players had established themselves so he wasn't getting any game time. I think if he didn't suffer that injury he would still be playing Premier League.

girvie

Staff member
In Asquith's Round 17 scorers list there is a tryscorer listed as J Price. Does anyone know who this is?

Nfed

Juniors
It is hard to see Wenty and Windsor reversing the results from last week.

Cabra have no apparent weeknesses and a good bench. Wenty have got a couple back from injury in the last few weeks but are still missing Justin Bishop, Mark Luland, Willie McLean, Wade Russell, Simon Gwynne and Siose Muliumu.

This year Newtown have rarely conceded 30 points, so you have to defend well to win against them. In addition to losing 2 of their NSW Residents reps to the NRL and Premier League earlier this season, Windsor have also not seen big men Mark Deonck, Lino Salafai and Dave Armistead on the field in the second half of the season. Consequently the have only won 5 of their last 13.

Coach Ghosn has recruited Trent Robinson (Blacktown City) and Anthony Capasso (St Marys) out of A grade for the semis. Butler has been named on the bench. Add Butler and Robinson and that backline starts to look dangerous but it all depends on the Windsor pack being able to hold their bigger counterparts.

Bluebag

Juniors
Jonelle you are right about great defence stopping the Bulls except no matter where you make a mistake they have the players to make you pay and it is hard to keep them down. even on their own line they can score.

Windsor are incosistent but are always capable of winning as are Wenty who spentthelast part of last weeks game trying t o put on shots to soften Cabra up for this week and are very physical.

Nfed

Juniors
Very easy wins for Newtown and Cabra. Newtown won 43-18 after leading 13-4 at half time. If the had taken all their opportunities they could have wrapped the game up by the break. They did their homework If they were targetting Mercer because they went through him in 4 or 5 tries, running the ball like a 7's comp.

Wenty are dead men walking. Cabra led 32-0 at half time and ended up 44-6. Both winners were very impressive

Jonelle

Juniors
Well I can tell you that Cabra played the best game they've ever played this year and that was against Wenty yesterday in their semifinal clash, with near to no faults nor mistakes from the players. Cabra was too good, and each player was outstanding. Chris Yates, Francis Betham, the Browns, Ellis, Rimmer, Gruszka, Aiga, Alan Burns and Curry who got man of the match.
The game lastweek with Wenty.... well it obviously did not soften Two Blues :)
No excuses to Wenty, they had no chance. Cabra scored 3x trys within bloody 10x mins and led 32 - 0 at half time. The Final score 44 - 6 to Cabra. And I agree, Casey Ellis has fired up and pity to his injuries that lost him his placing at the Bears because he has so much talent. We also lost Eddie Sua to Bears this year and hear he is now contracted with Sharks for 2007 so congratulations to him.
Newtown and Cabra's performance was outstanding in yesterdays semi-final results. Well played and well deserved.

Nfed, didn't Siaosi Mulimu leave at the start of this year as is contracted overseas, France for a similar grade. I only know of one good player of Wenty injured, the rest I don't think would have made any difference as they had alot of the key players on the field eg, Cappovilla's, Pat Mckenzie, Mowbray, Sargent, Graff etc...

Saturdays game is going to be huge with Cabra and Bulls.
Good luck to all sides this Saturday! ;-)

GO THE CABRAMATTA TWO BLUES!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy:

girvie

Staff member
Jonelle said:
We also lost Eddie Sua to Bears this year and hear he is now contracted with Sharks for 2007 so congratulations to him.

Oh this would be sad. How sure are you that he has gone to the Sharks?

2 True Blues

Coach
Go The Bluebags !!!! And players will be coming back from Premier league to strengthen the line up going further into the semi's I would expect. Now that players come back into premier league from the NRL side.

Players have been playing a full game of Jim Beam then travelling over to the P/league game to fill in the 17, playing two games of footy for the last few weeks now. Will be good when some players come back next week....

2 True Blues

Coach
They will both be great games of footy. Will have to try and get down there !!!

Will one or both of the games be telecast on FOX

Jonelle

Juniors
Newtown won 22 - 20 against Wenty
and Bulls beat Cabra 18 - 0

Wenty played the same form as lastweeks game whilst Newtown remained consistent but could have been better because Wenty caught up in the end too late.

I thought the Bulls and Cabra game was ....#$@!*&... esp the weather :?
Bulls basically got handed the golden ticket TOOOOOO easy to the grandfinal against Cabra with the Ref sending off Ross Brown 10x mins into the game leaving Cabra with 12 men against Bulls 13 aside for the rest of the 70x mins. Viewers were struck dumbfounded as Ross Brown got sent off unneccessarily from a good hard tackle. The Ref should have awarded a penalty or if he thought deserved it, send him off to the Bin, but totally sent the big forward off!?!?!. Francis Betham also came off injured in the first 10x mins which was 2x big losses for Cabra. Aiga and Rimmer were out too due to injuries from Wenty's game lastweek. I thought Cabra held up well and played really well with 12 men throughout the whole game.

Next week it is Newtown and Cabra to compete for the Grand Final Spot.
It will be yet another tough game!