What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Job Interview Tommorow

ParraMatt

Bench
Hey Gentlemen and Ladies,

I have a job interview for a Bathroom Vanity company tommorow as a Merchandiser/Sales Rep for Bunnings, Trade Link and Reece stores.

At the moment I work at Bunnings and that's why they approached me, Some big names in the Bunnings Heirachy have rated me highly to the boss of the Bathroom vanity company Marbletrend and they have rang me and told me that they have narrowed it down to just myself and one other guy.

My interview is tommorow and I have never been to an interview because I have always been given my job, Any advice off anyone would be greatly appreciated and if you think they'd ask any specific questions let me know and with a quality answer to go with it.

I really want this job because the money pays terrific and i have been struggling with that lately.

Also i will be going through a Profile Test? Anyone know what it is and any advice on that would be great aswell.

Cheers
ParraMatt

I have never done a test at an interview so the only advice I can give you is to look the bloke/woman in the eyes. Don't overdo it but when they're talking, look them in the eyes and make sure you really listen. It shows confidence.

Good luck.

holc

Juniors
give them flowers and/or a box of choclates, if its a girl compliment her on her appearance: 'Hey nice fingernails'

*Sandy*

First Grade
Yes I agree with EA. Look them in the eyes and it shows confidence and don't hesitate to answer them or fidget too much. No idea on the profile test. Good luck parramatt.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Profile test is not a test as such but more of a group of questions that will enable them to see what sort of a person you are.

Like are you a leader, follower, team player, can you think for youself and shit like that.

It's more af an evaluation than a test.

innsaneink

Referee
I went for a job interview once, though I walked out after the proprieter produced a chair in the outer office and said "sit".....then he proceeded up the 4 steps to the doorway of his office and sat in a chair up there. I didnt need to know any more.

ParraMatt

Bench
Thanks for the advice everyone, Thanks PK and Twizzle. Appreciate your words. Hope I get it. i'll let use know.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I've only had one interview and i have had about 4 different jobs. It was for Night Fill at Big W :lol: in 2003. They asked pretty hard questions for just a job that stacks shelves.

I'm currently looking for a job at the moment as i've just finished school and i'm finding it so hard! :(

hrundi99

First Grade
*supergal* said:
i hav a job interveiw at supre 2morrow.................... NOT!

But i so wish i did!

:D

On a totally different topic...I drove out of the Moore Park centre the other day and Craig Wing was behind me. He drives a new-ish Audi. Grey in colour.

As you were.